Spare a thought for

The people in the car just gone under the side of a truck by Leicester Forest East services, and of course the poor trucker, he/she will be in a proper state, it shook me a fair bit just seeing it. :frowning: stay safe out there boys & girls.

Horrible thing to happen, back in the day when to drive an artic all you had to be was over 21 I was trundling up the newly opened M1 in a 42 mph max D series Ford when we were overtaken by an old VW Beetle which got about a couple of hundreds yards or so in front of us when it appeared he had a front wheel blow out and veered across to the other carriageway and went between the wheels of a tipper, rolled and burst into flames, 4 people died in that. Like I say horrible.

How did they end up going under the side of a truck?

Blimey Raymond what a horrible thing to happen :frowning:
No idea how they crashed, could be a hundred different reasons - only takes a second though eh? :confused:

No central crash barriers in them days and M1 was the only one in existence and finished at Leeds :frowning: I feel old !

I thought it still finished at Leeds. Shows how often I turn left out of the gate at our place

For those of us not psychic or obsessed with multimedia. Is there a link?

raymundo:
No central crash barriers in them days and M1 was the only one in existence and finished at Leeds :frowning: I feel old !

The M6 Preston by-pass was the first motor way over here, and the M1 finished just past the Blue Boar, Watford gap and went of onto the M45, took them years to finish the bit to Leeds, happy days…I think.

the nodding donkey:

Face says he has witnessed this, people have suffered & it’s not pretty.
So please show a little respect for those poor souls…

Evil8Beezle:

the nodding donkey:

Sorry mum.

Leicester forest East , at the moment there’s road works, tight lanes going south, cars joining from services , a46 , exciting services , m69 exit ( queuing traffic ) at times ,
Very easy to get in wrong lane if your not used to area , following sat nav ,
Etc, etc
my girl drove me to rugby passing l/f/e the other day and I kept a keen eye on here when she came onto m1 from a46 and then until she had passed exit for m69 , at times there’s a lot going on for driver who does 99.9% of her driving in a small town ,
But it’s very sad , sometimes you struggle with words

I’ve been through that section on the m1. Outside 2 lanes are 6ft6 restriction but inside 2 are tight as hell room never enjoy that bit in a truck. They feel way too narrow.

the nodding donkey:

Ah well, not being psychic I wouldn’t know if it’s been in any news, and not being obsessed with multimedia I haven’t been a.rsed to look :wink:
It’d not long happened when I passed.

the nodding donkey:

It was quite an interesting placement of the car TBH. Artic was straight in Lane 1, Black car looks like it nosedived into the under run bar at an angle.

I will see if I can retrieve the footage.

Evil8Beezle:

the nodding donkey:

face says he witnessed this,no he didn’t he said it only just happened before he passed it , how do we know if people have suffered ,there might be no injuries minor injuries or severe injuries or death we don’t no without a video/report, respect,wrong word, they may be nice people,they may be criminals,drug dealers and so on so you can’t have respect you can have a dignified silence until the facts are known,now you won’t agree with this bit but if it was me driving that truck i would be quite angry that some clown had veered into me causing me all sorts of problems,delays police reports insurance reports etc,ect,if the people in the car were law abiding people and the driver made a mistake i may have some sympathy,but if it was a criminal running from the police or a drink driver etc i would have none.i have been in this position must be 25yrs ago and it was a doctor that did it to me ,a fine upstanding member of society ,police arrived ,he was ■■■■■■ as a ■■■■ so we await the report.

Keep your nads on mate!
I’m only saying that when there is an accident and people are hurt, possibly dead. We shouldn’t be all be in a rush to take pictures and then plaster then all over the internet. As for the rest of your post, god only knows…

I want to know where these ’ exciting services ’ are that Dozy mentioned.

Dipper Dave will know.

eagerbeaver:

Dipper Dave will know.

Gents at lymme !!

raymundo:

eagerbeaver:

Dipper Dave will know.

Gents at lymme !!

And you’re helping the sailor stereotype how exactly? :open_mouth:

is this it ?
twitter.com/SouthTRPT/status/683992316537868288

curious as to why the cars offside front tyre is off the rim ?