How often do you visit TruckNet UK?

How often do you visit TruckNet UK ?

As this site gets slower and needs the server sorting out fast i find it a general pain to bother to attempt to load pages at times.

Anyone else finding that it is just a pain at the moment ?

I visit this site 3 times a day.
And the site works ok for me maybe is it your computer or service

no problem with puter or service

All other sites i use are fine :open_mouth:

Usually every day - but there are days it is so slow I cant get in - or cant reply to posts.

26 years an Lgv Trainer:
no problem with puter or service

All other sites i use are fine :open_mouth:

It’s not you. The site is ■■■■■■. It’s been like this for weeks now and Rikki is doing ■■■■ all about it as usual, despite his blustering that it’s being dealt with.

I’ve tried replying to this post 4 times already but it justs keeps timing out. See if this one goes. I always copy the posts now before clicking submit so that if it doesn’t go through and it loses it, I can just click paste and it will reappear.

What a carry on. Supposed to be a professional site and it’s hosted on a bit of wet string. :unamused:

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Edit : make that 5 times now :angry:

26 years an Lgv Trainer:

As this site gets slower and needs the server sorting out fast i find it a general pain to bother to attempt to load pages at times.

Not as often as I used to, it’s becoming real frustrating trying to view a page or post, to be honest with the server problems as they are I’m losing interest in this site fast, shame really because I like TruckNet :frowning:

tachograph:

26 years an Lgv Trainer:

Not as often as I used to, it’s becoming real frustrating trying to view a page or post, to be honest with the server problems as they are I’m losing interest in this site fast, shame really because I like TruckNet :frowning:

The highest posting member has already confirmed he’s upped sticks and left because of it (amongst other things). If that’s not a sign that things are bad then I don’t know what is. It’s high time that RBI sacked Rikki for not doing the job he’s employed to do, ie. community manager. Days have gone by without even an update to the problem. Some community manager that is. :unamused:

i visit maybe 3 or 4 times a day and it really does wind me up when it is slow and times out.

its a pain in the arse when you want to read a meaty thread (usually with robk upseting someone) and you cant get to the second page.

when will it be sorted? i guess it will be sorted when we are all driving nuclear powered wagons!

get it sorted or people will lose interest and new people wont join.

as for teh email thing why cant they sort that out? have they got pigeons sorting out or techy guys? surely it doesnt take two weeks to sort?

rant over

Once a day but it’s like wading through treacle. Just pleased I don’t have to stay too long out of duty anymore.

We appreciate it is frustrating with the slow server times, the problem is with the network not with the server, The company running the network is aware of the problem and assures us they are working on it.
In the meantime the server centre is running on a temporary connection with reduced bandwidth.

as for teh email thing why cant they sort that out? have they got pigeons sorting out or techy guys? surely it doesnt take two weeks to sort?

Its been reported as a problem, as far as I know they havent found an error yet , every test I have done I have recieved the notification e-mails. But will ask them to look again.

I have noticed that the site slows down just after lunchtime when the USA seems to wake up with them being about 5 hours behind us - I wonder if that has anything to do with it :question: :question:

Rikki-UK:
We appreciate it is frustrating with the slow server times, the problem is with the network not with the server, The company running the network is aware of the problem and assures us they are working on it.

Yeah, of course they are. :unamused:

dictionary.reference.com/browse/naive
dictionary.reference.com/browse/gullible

:unamused:

Sorry but i have no any problems here with this site everything works ok for me :smiley:

ROG:
I have noticed that the site slows down just after lunchtime when the USA seems to wake up with them being about 5 hours behind us - I wonder if that has anything to do with it :question: :question:

Crikey Rog it can’t be my fault :wink:
I find weekends it is sometimes difficult to get on the site…so I just rollover and come back in an hour :unamused:

I look in every couple of days, it used to be a little more often than that :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: but I really can’t be bothered waiting for it to load these days, or spend several attempts at posting a message. As a result I’ve started revisiting old internet haunts, and found some new places, so not as interested in TruckNet as I used to be and have got out of the habit of logging in to check the latest posts. It used to be the first place I visited, now it is an afterthought.

I appreciate the speed problems are beyond TruckNet’s control at the moment but with so much choice out there it is easier just to move on to sites which do work rather than hang about waiting.

It must be trucknets problem they choose the server they use, when you use a service and it’s crap you do something about it.

I think many are going elswhere as there is to much hassle trying to load the pages or posting here.

ADMIN THIS TOOK 20 MINUTES TO POST.

26 years an Lgv Trainer:
It must be trucknets problem they choose the server they use, when you use a service and it’s crap you do something about it.

Well if you remember, this place was working fine until recently and now it’s broke, how is that TruckNet fault ?

I agree that it’s taking a long time to fix though :open_mouth:

By the way, if you really spent twenty minutes trying to post that message, was it really worth it :wink:

tachograph:

26 years an Lgv Trainer:

Well if you remember, this place was working fine until recently and now it’s broke, how is that TruckNet fault ?

I agree that it’s taking a long time to fix though :open_mouth:

By the way, if you really spent twenty minutes trying to post that message, was it really worth it :wink:

The name on the door is TRUCKNET That tells me it is their site and the buck stops with them.

If you have a phone with BT ( or any other supplier ) and it does not work as it should you change supplier.

Trucknet needs a new supplier .

Could not get in at all yesterday but today it seems right up to speed again.
Maybe someone put a new elastic band on the server :laughing: