Trucknetuk connection problem

Is there a problem with the Trucknet-UK server, several times recently I’ve got the can’t connect message, also for some time now the pages on this site have more often than not been very slow loading.

Blimey some times I could make a cup of tea while waiting for this sites web pages to finish loading :frowning:

I’m not having problems with any other site so presumably it’s a problem with the trucknetuk server.

trucknetuk_down_again.png

iirc I think I heard someone say there are DNS issues and they are working to fix them

Denis F:
iirc I think I heard someone say there are DNS issues and they are working to fix them

OK thanks, hopefully it will get better eventually then :wink:

This started yesterday… it only affects some people and not others, we know its not the servers- so it seems to be a connection issue on the networks- if folks are having problems knowing which internet service provider they are using could help… so please let us know which one your using if your having problems. The issue we have at the moment is every single tech person we have can get on no problem, even via various ISP’s, if we cant experience the issue ourselves it becomes almost impossible track down the problem-

Our suspicion is that it is a DNS problem confined to certain providers that route through a router thats having issues, but without knowing the providers we cant check

I’m on Virgin Media.

Don’t know about it starting yesterday, I’ve been having the odd problem connecting for a few days and the site is intermittently slow for at-least a couple of weeks.

Apart from the failed connection Monday it hasn’t bee too bad but some days are like that others are worse.

tachograph:
I’m on Virgin Media.

Don’t know about it starting yesterday, I’ve been having the odd problem connecting for a few days and the site is intermittently slow for at-least a couple of weeks.

Apart from the failed connection Monday it hasn’t bee too bad but some days are like that others are worse.

That helps… and to be factual I also did have an issue yesterday- and am also on Virgin media- but it resolved quite quickly, I knew it wasnt our server problem as I could connect no problem via my mobile - I am guessing its an issue with the way Virgin route their traffic and a router on that particular route. but if any one else is having issues and can let us know then we can chase it up

I do emphasise, our server is up and running at 100% and the majority of people can access it , this is not an issue with us but the routing of internet traffic through a faulty network point

Rikki-UK:
This started yesterday… it only affects some people and not others, we know its not the servers- so it seems to be a connection issue on the networks- if folks are having problems knowing which internet service provider they are using could help… so please let us know which one your using if your having problems. The issue we have at the moment is every single tech person we have can get on no problem, even via various ISP’s, if we cant experience the issue ourselves it becomes almost impossible track down the problem-

Our suspicion is that it is a DNS problem confined to certain providers that route through a router thats having issues, but without knowing the providers we cant check

Surely with your own personal line to all of the ISPs you should have this matter wrapped up and resolved pretty swiftly, right?

Surely with "your " experience , you would know if you cant track a fault, you cant diagnose the issue- but you knew that any way just had put your tuppence worth in as usual - Filed in the big round filing cabinet :grimacing:

Rikki-UK:

tachograph:
I’m on Virgin Media.

That helps… and to be factual I also did have an issue yesterday- and am also on Virgin media- but it resolved quite quickly, I knew it wasnt our server problem as I could connect no problem via my mobile - I am guessing its an issue with the way Virgin route their traffic and a router on that particular route. but if any one else is having issues and can let us know then we can chase it up

I do emphasise, our server is up and running at 100% and the majority of people can access it , this is not an issue with us but the routing of internet traffic through a faulty network point

Thanks for the feedback, at-least now I know where the problem is likely to be.

I’ll see how it goes and if there’s no improvement I’ll get onto VM support forum and see if they can do anything.

Not sure where you’re based, tachograph - or even if it makes a difference but I too am with Virgin Media. I get the occasional slow day as you appear to but generally it’s ok.

I’m just outside of Bristol :wink:

I also had ‘server not found’ for a good while on Sunday (27th) I’m with BT, and use Firefox.Been fine since,though.

Sir +:
I also had ‘server not found’ for a good while on Sunday (27th) I’m with BT, and use Firefox.Been fine since,though.

I had the same (BT )

I have had the same with internet explorer.

The DNS issue should be solved, the connection tonight may be slow at times as we are doing some work which involves clearing the cache quite regularly apologies

Thanks for the update Rikki,I can put up with it being slow.The logging on problem was more tedious,but if that’s fixed great.
Cheers Dave.