How much to upgrade to C+E?

Hi all,

I passed my Cat C last week :smiley: . Just wondering what the average price is for upgrading to C+E?

Been quoted £900 for 5 days 20 hrs, not including test fee by the same guy i just done Cat C with.
Cat C was £800 + test fee.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome Rob_1984 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

:smiley: :smiley:

All the LGV TRAINING TIPS, including the Recommended LGV training schools that have been recommended by members, can be accessed by clicking on the link in my signature :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

THE DRIVER SHORTAGE IS AN ADVERTISING MYTH - Generally more drivers than jobs in the UK
Newbies - Jobs, Agencies & EXPERIENCE & Is the UK short of drivers ? & Was it really worth it?

FAQ forum for info on Posting Pics & avatars, How to use quotes, Driver CPC, and much more…

Rob_1984:
Been quoted £900 for 5 days 20 hrs, not including test fee by the same guy i just done Cat C with

Most courses, including test fee, are about £1,000
I strongly suggest doing ARTIC for CE and not W&D as most CEs on our roads are ARTICS - train in the type of truck you are likely to drive.
If you do opt for W&D then book an extra day (more money) on an ARTIC

where you from. cos mine is 1035 inc test for 20 hrs. :grimacing: start mine on monday :smiley:

mine was 989 quid all in, was well chuffed with them

Mine was £980 plus test, but i got a shed load more than 20 hours, plus W&D and Artic training, both empty and fully loaded

Thanks for the welcome an the congrats rog!

Im from widnes brian over the water, gona cost £1005 all in. 890+115.
Im just waiting for my licence to come back, instructor reckons it’ll be here some time this week an i’ll be able to start on monday aswel hopefully.

Rob_1984:
Im just waiting for my licence to come back

You do not need it for training but the examiner needs to see it on test day

I know rog, i’ve heard of people waiting a while for thier licence to come back tho. I dont want to do the course and not have my licence for the test.

Not everywhere Rog

Peter Smythe:
Not everywhere Rog

OK, there is the odd school that has this factored into the training and does the artic bit with a loaded trailer :wink:

congrats on passing your class c dude…i just passed my c+e yesterday and i paid £977.50 which seems pretty average looking at others. That was in leicester btw

OK, there is the odd school

Has been said before Rog!

Rob_1984:
Im from widnes brian over the water, gona cost £1005 all in. 890+115.
Im just waiting for my licence to come back, instructor reckons it’ll be here some time this week an i’ll be able to start on monday aswel hopefully.

:smiley: hi rob. did your licence come back in time?? are you lookin foreward to the bendy training, i am though a little bit intinidated by the size of the artic.it a big mother.
still cant wait to get up the road in her. :laughing: :laughing:

briandavies158:
:smiley: hi rob. did your licence come back in time?? are you lookin foreward to the bendy training, i am though a little bit intinidated by the size of the artic.it a big mother.

Dont be, they arent as bad as they look, well going forwards their not… :blush:

My first bay park took me about 15 shunts, and that’s no exageration :laughing: :blush:

The biggest and most daunting jump is from car to rigid.

Rigid to artic is just small truck to a bigger truck - you already know it’s width…

Thanks danny.

No brian, still waiting for my licence to come. Not sure wheather to chance starting it on monday tho and hope my licence comes by friday for my test. Yea i am really looking forward to it, its more the reversing that worrys me not so much the size.

Oh and i am going to be training in an artic rog :wink:

Rob_1984:
its more the reversing that worrys me not so much the size

Now then - how many times have I heard that… :wink:

It was for precisely that reason that I took my trainees to the reverse area on day 1.
They would split the driver to the area betweem them (if 2 to 1) so they got a ‘feel’ for the artic and by the time we got there both were settled to a great extent.
It was about a 1 hour total drive so 30 mins each if split.
Did I demo first - no :exclamation: - they are already truck drivers - just a longer truck that bends funny :laughing:
Talking them through where necessary seemed to be the best and safest way

Arrive about 10am at reverse area and by lunchtime both were usually getting it in at test pass standard - there was always the odd one of course who did not get it - about 1 in 40 would be my take from my personal experience. That odd 1 got it ok by the end of training :smiley: :smiley:

Nerves were always the killer on test day as the reverse requires the driver to think before doing anything and nerves seem to kill off a significant amount of that part of the brain.

We dont let them do the reversing on day 1. Until the end of the day when its parked in a awkward position and then the trainee is asked to reverse the vehicle under supervision. Every evening they reverse park the vehicle.

Our trainees do not do the reversing exercise fully until day 4 so that it is still fresh in their minds for test day.