Cat c license cost?

Rough idea of cost for 5days(4days training and one test day)■■ I’ve already applied for provisional and booked medical . Also doing the theory too myself. Just after a rough guide for price after all that?Thanks.

£1500 seems to be about right, give or take a few quid.

Mine cost £2000 inc 2 retests I passed mine In july.

How long is a piece of string?

The variations are huge - as are the standards on offer. Most instructors are untrained and unqualified. Sad, but true. Few schools hold accreditation from DVSA (the folks who conduct your test).

You will get prices anywhere between a few hundred quid to close to £2k. Mention your local area to get some recommendations. Stay away from brokers - they’re the ones who claim to have 30 or 40+ sites around the UK. Simply, no-one has.

This is the list of accredited training schools in the UK; you will notice that the list is very short. dft.gov.uk/fyn/lgv.php So other trainers don’t see the point or are incapable of achieving the standards required.

I strongly suggest you book at least 2 assessment drives (you’ll need your licence for these). Then try someone from the list above and you’ll probably see the difference.

My pricing is transparent and all over my website truckdrivertraining.co.uk

CAT C £1350
MOD 4 £235

There’s no extras such as VAT and test fees. Everything you need is included. No messing.

Then deduct 10% as a Trucknet user (mention it at the time of booking). BTW, we do residential courses at no additional cost.

You’ll get cheaper. Buyer beware. As mentioned, the industry is unregulated so anyone with a licence for 3 years can buy a rusty old truck and stick L plates on it. An ad on Google and, yippee, they’re a driving school! Madness, but that’s how it is.

Fire away with any questions you may have.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Probably should book medical first. Then apply for provisional. :astonished:

One of our Polish Drivers (on Rigids at the moment) told me yesterday that he’s just taken his class 1 in Poland, £600 all in.
Just learn Polish (about £1000) then pop over to Flip Flop Land. [emoji57]

checking out your previous posts it seems this has already been answered :question:

I think it might be more problematic doing test in another country as you probably need to be resident.

Do it once and do it properly, Pete Smythe has given you all you need to know and I think that is a reasonable cost, accredited schools know exactly what DVSA examiners are looking for and teach to that standard. Why take the test two, three or even more times when with the correct training you can do it in one.

Good luck.

JS8576:
I think it might be more problematic doing test in another country as you probably need to be resident.

No, but You need to know language good enough to do Theory, Theory in Eastern Europe is harder than in UK, driving part easier.

But overall it’s a stupid idea anyhow to do it over there and learn language to do licence :smiley: :smiley:

I think everyone would like to pass first time yes so hopefully I can. As for posts above yes medical is already booked before I send my provisional forms off u cocky bugger! :laughing: Rog yes I just wanted to clear it up as I did firstly want to do class 1 and 2 back to back but now I’m going to do just class 2 and see how that goes . I’m still only 30 so plenty of time to get experience.

When I’m spending money like booking a holiday or going out for a meal I tend to search the internet looking for reviews.

I encourage any newbie to do the same for training before picking up the phone as there can be some very clever and manipulative sales people on the other end.

Paul :smiley:

I think it’s a good idea to do Class 2 for a few months, just to get a bit of experience and become more comfortable and relaxed in a larger vehicle. I’ll be taking my class 1 next month (all booked! :smiley:) and know I’ll be a lot more comfortable and able to concentrate, due to having 4 months of Class 2 experience.

As for choosing a trainer, quality and value for your money is vital!
There is no point trying to save a few quid, to end up failing because of a dodgy trainer who doesn’t care either way! :cry:
So i’m going back to PSTT, as I know it’s a quality product…

Best of luck pal! :smiley:

P.S. You haven’t thought your username through! :wink:

Good luck with class 1 Evil. Are you doing W&D or artic? I imagine you are sticking with the auto. Have you driven any manuals since passing class 2?

Cheers pal! :smiley:

I’m in an Artic, as i want the experience of it, even if it may be easier to pass in a W&D…
All Auto’s mate, don’t think our firm has a manual…
And before that it was also Auto’s, so I can’t see the point in going manual for the test and having something else to think about…

However I might think different if I fail! :laughing:
Which ain’t happening, I couldn’t live with the abuse! :imp:

Peter has said pass rate about the same so suppose it makes sense to do artic. I’ve hardly seen a W&D over the last week.

I couldn’t really go for the W&D mate, as some of the other bellends on this forum wouldn’t let me forget it! :grimacing:

JS8576:
… … … hardly seen a W&D over the last week.

I was looking last week when driving up and down the M1 and thought the opposite, there seemed to be more of them about than usual however I have only been driving for a few weeks so it is an observation made with very limited experience on my part.

Is W&D becoming more or less popular?

OP’s user name will at least be a bit longer lived than ‘First Post Guy’s’, maybe he intends to re-register as ‘Not So Newbie1985’ after a while?

You’ve got more experience than me. I’ll take your word it. I was under the impression that they were not as common these days. Unless they are coming back with a vengeance. :imp: With A frames. :smiling_imp: Coming to a cinema near you soon. :smiley:

Why does the username bother people? I couldn’t give a f##k.