Hi im 47 in a few weeks ,Been a fabricator welder most of those years ,Recently i have been restoring classic cars ,I have had years of 3.5 tippers and transit use .im looking to get my class 2
Then c+e .What is the real cost without reading through google and all the gumph ?I did an assessment with Coates 10 years bk and had the guy say i was pretty good but tried his best to get me 10 days training .im no mug but i just gave up there and then .but now im keen to do it as i love driving
Any one got a local recommendation im in Coventry
All the best

Overall cost to get to C+E is approximately 3k, although this can increase if multiple retests are required.
Most intensive courses are over 4 days per class, so 3 half days of training followed by a couple of hours before the test.
Pass rates are a little over 50%, so budget for a retest or two.

Best of luck! :smiley:

Thats not too bad then ive got enough to go for it.i just need a decent place to do it .no problem travelling for the right place
Cheers

Have a look at the forum sponsor, excellent facilities and great staff.

I thank you lads ,I am going to look into the forum sponsor .Cheers

Also have grandfathers 7.5 tonne .is that still on licences i past in 87 .i have drove 7.5 tonne tippers for the council .is it so hard to get a job .ive seen a few threads on here where guys pass then cannot get going ?
Cheers

Check out the recommended trainer link contained within my signature below

As for the NEAREST one I would recommend = DATA ACADEMY - just off M1/M69 junction Leicester

I used to LGV instruct in Coventry 8 years ago and can honestly say that I would not recommend any of the training companies based there based on what I saw that long ago

Also have grandfathers 7.5 tonne

That being the case, it’s a clever move to get your CAT C training credited to your driver cpc hours. If you move on to CE, this can also be credited.

Note that the trainer has to be in a position to do this. Some are, some aren’t. Ask the question. btw, we are.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I’m told Argos are always looking for 7.5t drivers, but that’s because the money is pants… :cry:

Thanks for the help ,I need a new provisional and medical as mines been removed at 45 .just waiting for forms so i can book my medical .
Longer this takes the less cash ile have ,Im currently self employed so i hope its not two long a process :laughing:

Albert1:
Also have grandfathers 7.5 tonne .is that still on licences i past in 87 .i have drove 7.5 tonne tippers for the council .is it so hard to get a job .ive seen a few threads on here where guys pass then cannot get going ?
Cheers

Its not all that bad mate, put in what you want to get back, passed my test last week and have an interview already.

I find approaching people face to face is the answer, its easy to ignore emails and say no on phone calls.

There is plenty work in Cov .im just waiting for my forms .congrats to you mate

If you want to speed the process up, call my office and arrange your medical at our centre. The forms will be waiting for you.

Mention you’re a Trucknet user to get 10% discount.

I booked theory and hazard august 30th .what a con having 2 year lapses on it .
Cpc aswell .i called today pete .ile be using you guys :sunglasses:

Albert1:
I booked theory and hazard august 30th .what a con having 2 year lapses on it .

Why do you think it’s a con mate?
Do you think that after 2 years of not considering/needing it, you’d still remember it all?

Albert1:
Cheers

I’m in your area and have had no problem at all, in fact there may be a vacancy up by the ricoh when I move up to class 1
:wink:

Worth asking about for jobs before you do your test,could ask at Breezemount who do home delivery at Ikea in cov at the sky dome,ring road j7.

Cheers,I will look them up thanks
very tedious doing mock tests throughout my bank holiday .Once passed it should be all on the cpc not do it over and over again .it puts people off …
Anyway it approaches rapidly .no nerves just a lost day at work …

Good luck with the theory tests and all the best with the practical.

Have you noticed this? viewtopic.php?f=5&t=140510

I will message you .im using you for practical
Whens your open day again ?