How long do you think it will take?

Been asked to do a different night trunk from next week.
Start Chelmsford 02.00 - arrive Thatcham 0430. Should be at Thatcham for about 90min then onto Wednesbury change trailers then back to Chelmsford.

They think i will be in wednesbury by 08.00, although i cant see myself leaving Thatcham until 06.00 if im lucky, whats A34 like at that time of the morning, think i will need to take 2 x 45min to get round!! Also they think i will be back in Chelmsford by 11.00 :unamused: Any ideas, comments welcome

i think a double dose of northside m25 is bad news at any time of day :open_mouth: , which way will you go to thatcham= m25 m4 a34 :question: ok then a34 m40 m6 that will be tricky cos of the rush hour up the m40 and onto m6 plus you have to the northside of brum.

i would have a 45 at thatcham then when changing trailers at wednesbury i would change trailers and have 20 min coffee cos you arent going to lose that time cos of the rush hour, then if pushed for time you can have another 25 mins at south mimms. :wink: :confused:

i hope this helps.

p.s has another driver being doing this run and how long has it took him.

p.s has another driver being doing this run and how long has it took him.

No, its the first time this has been tried, they think if i leave Chelmsford at 0200 i will be back in Chelmsford by 11.00. I currently do Thatcham & Newmarket on nights route to thatcham is A12 -M25 -M4 - A4.

Its normally just over 2.5 hrs from Chelmsford to Thatcham, its the rest of the journey im worried about, guess 3 - 3.5 hrs thatcham - wednesbury & 3-4 hrs wednesbury - Chelmsford, i think i will be doing around 10hrs driving if my calculations are correct allowing for busy periods etc, so really wont be able to do these hours every day

Alex he would need a 30 minute break at S.Mimms. 25 minutes is not enough.

He’s right, you know. Barsteward lawmakers making us take unnecessary haf hour breaks all over the shop. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Lucy:
He’s right, you know. Barsteward lawmakers making us take unnecessary haf hour breaks all over the shop. :cry: :cry: :cry:

One of the companies I do agency work for makes us take 50 minutes and does not allow split breaks. They say it is because of infringments on the digi tachos. It doesn’t bother me too much as I get paid hourly.