How far would you go?

How far would you travel to work for a good job.

I currently travel 50 miles each way. I used to do 4 nights out so i only had to do it once a week.but now weve become exel the work has gone more trunking and less nights out.So i travel home 2-3 times a week. This has taken the shine off the job a bit.But i’m still earning up to £30k with the nights out included.

Its a good easy job but the travelling is getting to me.

I could work locally but earn a hell of alot less.

So how far would you go if you were on day work with no nights out.

Cheers

Tony b

I have a limit of 12 miles. 15 at a push.

After a 12-14 hour day, I want to be home within 15-20 minutes. Anything further and i’d be setting the cruise control on my car at 56. :laughing:

I forgot to say that it takes me an hour with no traffis and up to 1 3/4 hours home in the teatime traffic.

but I always have a minimum of 11 hours off when i come home tho.

Cheers

Tony b

I go about 22 miles…that’s more than enough…about my limit.

It takes 35-45 minutes.

7 miles on a Monday and 7 miles on a Friday - very rarely do I do one in between :laughing: :laughing:

Would possibly travel 15 miles max but definitely would need to be within 30 minute travel time maximum.

when I’ve finished battling through traffic all week the last thing I want to do is battle through it in the car to get home

The most I’ve travelled is 80 miles, which is no problem if I’m away for a week, but if I travelled each day then ideally no more than 30 miles.

well if it helps i travel 1000yds :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I travel 74 miles, but I’m usually out for 3-4 nights a week. When I do manage to get home in the week they usually get me a load going that way.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: some committment there with you geezers! most of the places ive worked at i could walk to in less than half hour, i did work for a firm in perry barr, about 15 mile away, but was out all week. on a day job i wouldnt go over about 5 and wouldnt really like that to be honest!

107 miles each way mortimer to shoeburyness :cry: :cry:

I live in London so measure my travelling in time rather than mileage. If it takes more than an hour to get to work then I’d ask the agency for different job because I know I would get tired of the travelling. There’s nothing worse than getting caught in the middle of the school run after a days work :imp:

Merry Christmas to you all.

7 there 7 back

usually takes about 10 mins there but about 25 back as i pass 4 schools :smiling_imp: .

would put 15 at a max

jon

How far would you travel to work for a good job

Depends if they’re paying traveling expenses :laughing:

How they pay the travelling expenses would also come into it.

neil46:
107 miles each way mortimer to shoeburyness :cry: :cry:

whoa! that is ■■■■■■■ ■■■■■■■■■!

14 mile each way. so not far. :sunglasses:

25 - 30 minutes travelling time, distance 18 - 20 mls is about my limit.

35 miles each way, Liverpool to Middlewich.

strood to dartford about 16 miles not to bad but going home its a cow son,i can take the lorry home if loading in that direction in the morning.and hide it on a ind est …then its a 5 min walk

mansfield to burton-on-trent. Its around 37/38 miles each way… but i`m away either a week or a fortnight at a time. Definetly wouldnt do that mileage every day

Have to say I’m doin’ bout 75 miles each way every working day for most of this year. Living in Cambridgeshire ain’t no fun on the wages front so I gotta travel for the ackers…Costing me £300 a month in fuel but I still think I’m better off. Hoping to move closer to where the money is by March 2006 (if I ever manage to sell the house that is)!!