commute to work

Evening all, after a lengthly discussion with the mrs about a new job, i am wandering, how far do you guys travel to work either every day or weekly?
Many thanks

21miles each way daily

I’ve been lucky in this respect,I’ve never worked more than 3 miles from my house.

A mate of mine travels 40ish miles but does tramping so drivers there on Monday morning and back on Friday night…which would be better than say travelling 10 miles each way every day!

Used to drive 35 there Mon and 35 back Fri. Now doing 7 each way 2-3 times a week

About 3 miles, or if I drop Lady V off at the bus stop its about 4.

11 to 12 miles each way, day work, unfortunately the wrong side of both towns, such is life.

Been offered another job paying better than i’m on now for similar hours (fewer work days but likely to be longer days on average), but its around 30 miles each way commute, nasty journey too, i’d take it if desperate but too far when i have the choice.

To be fair now isn’t the time to be jumping ship IMHO, whether we stay or leave the EU we could be in for a period of uncertainty, so if you have a bit of seniority and good work record, it might be better to stay put for the time being.

About 100 there on a Sunday night…And same back again usually on a Friday night…Unless i run in on a Saturday…

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

14 miles. Or 18 minutes there, 35 minutes home. Daily.

I am currently doing day work, driving a bin lorry at the moment, but I would like to get out of it and do some tramping work if possible, just trying to decide on how far to go for work, be it days or tramping.

two miles or so each way.i used to commute 50 miles each way,but had a company van,then another job (with a 40 quid a day pay rise!!-) 45 miles each way in my own motor.
much happier with the five minute journey now.start at six ish,home by fourish.
really wouldn’t want to do the big commute again-nearly bloody killed me before!!

used to be 5minutes but now at the moment 3.5 hrs after july 1st long weekend it will be 10hrs to get to work(boss gives me a pickup truck and I pick 3 other drivers up on way to work camp) ,at the moment home every 2 weeks but when 10hrs drive to come home I will wait till we are finished chipping that section o road before coming home.

Around 26 miles each way, but I am moving house soon so it should be about 9 miles each way.

For a couple of years it was 90 miles up on a Monday and 90 back on Fri, but the company paid traveling expenses. Now relocated back to local depot so it’s 6 miles Mon and 6 on Fri.

The furtherst for me was 160miles each way but only once each fortnight , i know people who have travelled further, it’s all about the money for most of us

11 miles each way but in a company pickup.
Is it legal to bring your wagon home, providing it was at it’s operating centre at weekends and most days of the week? Sometimes I’m loading late to tip at our yard and I go past home en route…

Usually 15 miles each way, 30 minute drive, but till the gardening season dies down I’m at another place doing 25 miles each way at around 45-50 minutes depending on traffic.

Parked my truck across the road from my house for 12 yrs while working as an outbased driver for 3 different companies which was very handy.
Last 6 years travel 10 miles on a Tues morning and 10 miles back Sat am/noon.

20 mile round trip everyday

15 minutes there on a morning, about 20 coming home, five weekdays.

70 mile round trip daily