How far do you travel?

andy bilton:
about 500yds,the other side of my village :laughing: :laughing:

Snap, I roll out of bed stagger down stairs, have a cuppa and easy breaky then 2 mins walk to work.
Mrs works in village too, we must save over a thousand a year in fuel alone. Thats a big help.

6 miles each way for me, but thinkin of takin a job in notts about 100 quid a week more but i have got a thirsty petrol car so dont now what to do?

5.5 miles each way or 5.8 miles using the scenic route… :laughing:

i travel 2 miles to work and it takes me 5 mins :laughing: :wink:

scania sam:
6 miles each way for me, but thinkin of takin a job in notts about 100 quid a week more but i have got a thirsty petrol car so dont now what to do?

One of the reasons I left Gist after 7 years was because I was spending so much on fuel. At Cannons I was doing in a week what I do in a day to Thatcham, so even though the money was less I was better off. My daily driver is a 3.0lt Hilux diesel auto weighing in at 23mpg. Can’t sell it though as I wouldn’t get much for it as 4x4 prices have crashed.

Snowdog:
if irchester 30 miles

There are companies in Irchester? I thought it was just a wee little nothing much of anything place, learn something new everyday. Wheres my pm■■? I got all excited someone was going to embrace me into the world of the forum but you didn’t :frowning: Altough you probably have a job unlike myself who is currently talking absolute crap and basically having a convo with myself…

someone call for the men in white jackets

5.5 miles each way …But I would gladly travel 3 or 4 times that for a decent job off the road… :exclamation: :exclamation:

Winter (September till April) I’m at Carmarthen , two miles from home. All day work so it’s great; I’ve never been a fan of long-distance commuting, clock up enough miles in the truck

Last two summers I’ve been up at Denbigh, out all week. 125 miles each way and you can’t do it safely in less than 3 hours, that’s in a 2-litre Hyundai Coupe BTW! Most weekends though I leave the car up there and come home in the truck; missus has a car and I’ve got me bikes and the pick-up so it doesn’t cause a problem.

i have to travel 1 hour each way,not bad cos i only do it once a week.its 48 miles from my house to yard.i used to only travel 5 miles until recently ,but due to cost cutttting they moved my base from outbase to mainbase. :frowning:

Out me front door and in to the wagon thats parked on me drive way. Boss lets me park at home so i dont have a 20 mile trip to work each morning :smiley:

Been travelling 30 miles each way for the last 3 years - until last week. We’re getting made redundant on 31st December and are now enjoying ‘gardening leave’ until then.

Saves me a fortune in fuel :wink: :slight_smile:

20 miles each way for me.

anything up to 50 miles but that all depends on the job and pay rate

wont travel 50 miles for anything other than class 1 work.

kiwipower:
Out me front door and in to the wagon thats parked on me drive way. Boss lets me park at home so i dont have a 20 mile trip to work each morning :smiley:

ayup kiwi,not being picky or owt,but i would assume your gaff is an authourised operating centre :wink:

160 miles round trip on my last job. Went in Sunday night, came home Friday night.

Tiger.