How far do you travel??

How far do you travel to work/the yard each day to collect your wagon? Just trying to work out how far is too far to travel each day!

14 miles. Around 20 minutes

Personal choice and job opportunity are the deciders for this. Its not uncommon to travel up to an hour. But on top of a 15 hr shift, its not good.

I know someone who travels from London to Durham to fetch his truck but he’s away 2 and 3 weeks at a time.

Each to their own. :laughing: :laughing:

It was 12 miles but it has gone to 15 since we relocated, although as it is mostly motorway now whereas before it was B roads it is actually quicker. I did it in 11 minutes this morning.

Currently 5 miles, previously about 30 which took up to an hour depending on the time of day. Not great when you’d worked a long day and would need to be back in early.

I walk out front door out of gate & bingo there it is packed outside my house

animal:

Haha. For the last 14 years as a cab driver I did that :smiley:

Takes me roughly 20minutes if Im leaving when the roads are dead. Then when I rarely have a late-ish start and have to travel to work during more busier hours can take up to 45min to an hour.

Gavtheskav:

animal:

Haha. For the last 14 years as a cab driver I did that :smiley:

Well there is always 1 isint there :laughing: :laughing: has to be but nope have work van + car parked outside my house

exactly 2 mins… put a tenners worth of diesel in my 4x4 every 3 weeks … :smiley:

Generally 45 minutes maximum.
Any more and they (agency) can swivel and get somebody else to do it…or if they’re desperate, enhance the basic rate quite considerably.

22 mile , motorway all the way :smiley: doing a double tonight which i like as it really dont get dark at the min, good when you see it getting light again at 1.30am

About 6 miles 15-20 mins depending on traffic.

About 3 miles 10 minutes when its clear :slight_smile:

5.5 miles, 20 minutes on mountain bike or about 8 minutes on motorbike, and the yards relocating a couple of miles closer :slight_smile:

30 minutes max

hi all.Forgive me for cheating a little as i am neither new nor wannabe[more old and hasbeen]but was curious enough to post to show the differences if travelling in different countries.I live 90 kms from my work and it takes me 1hr10 mins,winter or summer.The difference with the U.K.is i pass maybe 20 vehicles on the way to work.Iwork 7 days x 10hrs driving then have 7days free plus i get cheap or free diesel and can also claim tax return for travelling.Mike

at the minute im about 6 miles from the yard, But due to my desperation to drive artics ive just taken a job which is 20 miles from my house, its a decent run and will take maybe half hour. Ive also just downsized my car from a petrol hungry turbo to a sensible 1.4 just to accomodate the new job.
Ive no artic experience so cant be picky on the job offers so i suppose i can do it for a year or so to get some experience behind me, then theres a haulage firm roound the corner ive got my eye on!! would walk it in 10 mins :smiley: Hmmm one day i hope! :smiley:

i would travel to the ends of the earth for the right job :smiley: :smiley:

about 4 hours on a train :slight_smile: