Highways agency on deathwish?

going down m6 yesterday bout 1/2pm… between j2 to j1…
saw this flashing incdent van on hardshoulder with lights flashin on back…( no arrow etc)
as i got closer some clown working on his own… was inbetween gaps in the traffic dropping tarmac into holes in lane one :open_mouth:
im guessing health and safety dont apply to this type of work then?? :open_mouth: was no warnings on the matrix signs before the area… the van didnt have the arrow flashing on the rear of the incident van…
this makes all the rest of the roadworks with coned areas much safer for the workers therefore whats the point in a 50mph limit??

on another note maybe this dangerman could get down the m25 in the morning, cus around the m11 section ive never seen so many big potholes on a motorway :open_mouth: this must have been caused with the rain on monday nite. these holes need sorting… if a driver has a hot drink close to him he/her may get scalded :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

coming round the M25 this PM they were doin exactly that,rolling road blocks & the agency guys plugging up the holes.

I think this operative would face possible dismissal for such blatant lack of following procedures.And for being plain stupid.
I don’t un-intentionally risk my life for a pot hole,or a traffic jam.
The main reason is that a pot hole can be filled properly under a rolling road block,than dashing into live traffic.

What would you rather have ?
A lane coned off for about a mile, coupled with a 40mph speed limit resulting in a tailback . . . .
for a pothole !

Fair play to that man with the bucket of tar :smiley:

Suedehead:
A lane coned off for about a mile, coupled with a 40mph speed limit resulting in a tailback . . . .
for a pothole !

It’s got to better than hitting someone that’s mis-judged the traffic. A few minutes of inconvenience or a lifetime with the image of a bloke bouncing off the front of your motor?

arronls:

Suedehead:
for a pothole !

It’s got to better than hitting someone that’s mis-judged the traffic. A few minutes of inconvenience or a lifetime with the image of a bloke bouncing off the front of your motor?

Of course i wouldnt like to see a bloke “bouncing off the front of my motor”
but then again i can remember when i used to fit tyres on the hard shoulder without a lane closure.