Warning - cameras installed M6 between J4 and J5

Saw one flash this morning. Installed on the gantries in the ‘managed’ motorway section.

Lots of drivers speed through there, especially when the motorway is clear and the limit is set to 40!

Worst is when the first gantry northbound shows 40 although there’s not a vehicle in sight, you have to slow from normal motorway speeds down to 40, which is pretty dramatic and very dangerous. Most ignore it…

At THEIR peril! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

What controls are in place to ensure motorists aren’t done when ■■■■ like this occurrs

I’ve seen loads flash even when theres no speed limit showing so they must have been doing 90 up I’d say.

I’m not sure that someone was saying they’re not legally enforceable though but don’t quote me on that.

Silver_Surfer:
I’m not sure that someone was saying they’re not legally enforceable though but don’t quote me on that.

It might have been me on the M1 camera thread.
The question was how can a picture be taken behind the matrix board prove what the speed showing on the front of it says?

m1cks, the proof will be in the electronics.

If taken further, they could tie in the time the camera flashed, and view a CCTV camera further back to see what the matrix was displaying.

Just to clarify, I think they’re ■■■■■■■ stupid! 11 PM, M6 towards B’Ham, clear weather… Matrix on side of motorway first of all… “SLOW - FOG”… Followed by “20 20 20 20” on the next gantry. They were mandatories, not advisories. I can’t believe these things were passed as legal, somebody must have realised the potential repercussions of forcing fast moving traffic to a near standstill, in GOOD CONDITIONS…

Ive seen them flash at other people but have never personally got a ticket myself and i regularly speed through them…