Is there a need for this

What gets my goat up more than tailgaters and people not indicating are prats in cars and lorries who insist on flying through roadworks at full pelt. Happily doing a tad below 50mph through some roadworks today (M25) when a vast majority of lorries came trundling through at more that the posted limit, some were very close to my cab, is there a fire somewhere or is someone giving away free bacon butties. At one stage this idiot in a Merc lorry tried to pass me, he got really close to my tail end before realising that he couldn’t get through as there was no room for two Artics side by side at that stretch of roadworks.

You’ll never stop there is always gonna be one ignorant ■■■■ nipping your heels doing your nut in. Take a leaf out of limeyphils book and flick your trailer gee the ■■■■ a wee scare :smiling_imp: Then follow him to his destination and pan his head in with a claw hammer, phil has all the answers :laughing:

Road rage is the answer :smiling_imp:

I have to say there isn’t a lot of room in the roadworks, there’s a few bits on the M1 by J11 where the inside lane narrows down even more as you go over a couple of bridges & the same going over the M11 on the M25, but they have at least kept all three lanes open so it doesn’t cause more congestion than necessary, I don’t think it’s very safe at all, one little wobble & your mirrors are gone, with this in mind I think that 50mph is plenty fast enough & I’d be happy to sit in a line at this speed, but you’re on a motorway after all & the whole point of a motorway is to get from A to B as fast as possible, some people take this to mean that they must overtake everything they can.

I’m quite happy to sit at 50, but I do end up passing lorries and cars in the nearside lane through roadworks. This is mainly because on the approach to the 50’s cars will come flying past me, and when the 50’s arrive, they change lanes in front of me, slam on their brakes and travel at around 40-45mph. And on some unfortunate occasions you get cars which brake to speeds even slower than this when they drive beneath the gaze of the average speed camera. This means that in order for me to carry on travelling safely at 50mph, I pull out into the centre lane in order to pass the slower traffic - if they’re bright enough to use the lane system correctly by keeping left. I do try to make sure that if I am going to pass another HGV, the carriageway is wide enough to do this safely as lanes in roadworks don’t always stay the same width and there are often no signs to warn you of further narrowing. Of course, if the HGV I’m passing then speeds up and matches my speed as I’m halfway past and then the road becomes narrow, he might just get his mirror angle altered!

manowar:
I’m quite happy to sit at 50, but I do end up passing lorries and cars in the nearside lane through roadworks. This is mainly because on the approach to the 50’s cars will come flying past me, and when the 50’s arrive, they change lanes in front of me, slam on their brakes and travel at around 40-45mph. And on some unfortunate occasions you get cars which brake to speeds even slower than this when they drive beneath the gaze of the average speed camera.

This is what really winds me up, A34 at Oxford is a prime example, they hammer past you at 70+ then slam on to 40 in the space of 100yds. I normally carry on past them as i slow down gradually. Nothing worse then people braking sharply for a speed limit whether its on a motorway or any other road

Problem is the people who think they are doing 50 on the dot, are actually doing 47 46 or less, so to be doing 50 is actually 53-54 or the clock, when your limited to 54, what the point in even coming off the limiter unless you have too ? Really should be able to use outside lane in roadworks to get past all the numptys hogging the middle lane.

That foreigner who got sent to prison for ramming slow cars out of the way in the roadworks, guy deserves a medal.

merc0447:
You’ll never stop there is always gonna be one ignorant [zb] nipping your heels doing your nut in. Take a leaf out of limeyphils book and flick your trailer gee the [zb] a wee scare :smiling_imp: Then follow him to his destination and pan his head in with a claw hammer, phil has all the answers :laughing:

Road rage is the answer :smiling_imp:

I was in fits when i looked at this and tell you what, i can picture limyphills reply :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

nickyboy:

manowar:
I’m quite happy to sit at 50, but I do end up passing lorries and cars in the nearside lane through roadworks. This is mainly because on the approach to the 50’s cars will come flying past me, and when the 50’s arrive, they change lanes in front of me, slam on their brakes and travel at around 40-45mph. And on some unfortunate occasions you get cars which brake to speeds even slower than this when they drive beneath the gaze of the average speed camera.

This is what really winds me up, A34 at Oxford is a prime example, they hammer past you at 70+ then slam on to 40 in the space of 100yds. I normally carry on past them as i slow down gradually. Nothing worse then people braking sharply for a speed limit whether its on a motorway or any other road

The A34 is a dangerous road just tale a look in the hedgerow at all the bits of cars there, I stopped in a lay-by on the A34 my way to Bicester last week when there was loud bang as some poor bugger was punted from behind I get out to see if the guy was o.k, turns out it’s a courtesy car as his was being repaired from a shunt the previous week, probably caused by him driving too close to the car in front. The best way to deal with this type of behavior is to ignore it.

anyone who is happy driving at A TAD BELOW 50 should not be so outraged when drivers driving at 50 or just a TAD over pass them?

What gets my goat up more than tailgaters and people not indicating are prats in cars and lorries who insist on flying through roadworks at full pelt.

Simple answer - it’s a ME FIRST attitude - typical of the society we live in.

ROG:
Simple answer - it’s a ME FIRST attitude - typical of the society we live in.

Couldn’t agree more!

Lets just reitterate this, my Tad below normally is 49mph, if I can I’ll set the cruise on and just ‘flow’ or not with the traffic. I always assumed that going through roadworks should be done with caution but I suppose that word doesn’t mean much to some people. My theory is to get there in one piece, possibly a bit late but still in one piece. I know motorways are supposed to get you where you’re going fast but surely there are exceptions.

xamtex:
anyone who is happy driving at A TAD BELOW 50 should not be so outraged when drivers driving at 50 or just a TAD over pass them?

Surely a posted speed limit is there for a reason, or does it not apply to some people who seem to think that they are ‘special’

On containers I travelled at 50ish on a motorway anyway, no rush u see, yet I’d still end up passing vehicles through roadworks cause they’re a bunch of muppets who slam on their brakes when they see the camera(s) and travel sometimes as low as 30mph, M62 W approaching the M60 junction is a fine example of this.

I’m happy to drop as low as 45 to stay on inside lane and behind vehicles, any slower than that and they’re takin’ the pi55 :smiley:

Paul-H:
I always assumed that going through roadworks should be done with caution

what for theres never any workmen doing anything anyway :unamused:

Just let em get on with it, it’s their licence after all, mind you I doubt the cameras are set to dead on 50 anyway.

What gets me is you get all these car drivers complaining about slow lorries and how they should stay out of their way etc, then you get to the roadworks and they’re in the inside and middle lanes doing 30-40 and you want to keep to 50 will they move out of your way? Will they (zb) one rule for them and one for us :imp:

I travelled from Norfolk to East London on Monday. Due to an accident on A14 at Newmarket I lost 40 mins and a further delay at Redbridge, 60 mins. I arrived at the customer 50 mins late. A 3hour journey took 4.5hours. The customer wasn’t bothered, it arrived, that was what counted.

If the loads we carried were that urgent we would have blue lights and sirens. The tins of baked beans have a 2 years shelf life, I should be at the RDC by then.

waddy640:
I travelled from Norfolk to East London on Monday. Due to an accident on A14 at Newmarket I lost 40 mins and a further delay at Redbridge, 60 mins. I arrived at the customer 50 mins late. A 3hour journey took 4.5hours. The customer wasn’t bothered, it arrived, that was the counted.

If the loads we carried were that urgent we would have blue lights and sirens. The tins of baked beans have a 2 years shelf life, I should be at the RDC by then.

I like this post and correct me if I am wrong but it seems to say that I’ll be there as soon as I can safely & legally do so and all other considerations come second - am I wrong?

Paul-H:
What gets my goat up more than tailgaters and people not indicating are prats in cars and lorries who insist on flying through roadworks at full pelt. Happily doing a tad below 50mph through some roadworks today (M25) when a vast majority of lorries came trundling through at more that the posted limit, some were very close to my cab, is there a fire somewhere or is someone giving away free bacon butties. At one stage this idiot in a Merc lorry tried to pass me, he got really close to my tail end before realising that he couldn’t get through as there was no room for two Artics side by side at that stretch of roadworks.

said before and i’ll say it again…
some lorry drivers really need to grow up !
the industry is in the mess its in because drivers are their own worst enemies running about like headless chickens on a pittance of a wage.
driving through roadworks too fast , driving on the limiter on a 40mph road , fiddling their hours …the list goes on.
all to make money for their greedy bosses.

WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE YOU IDIOTS !!!

Marty B7:

Paul-H:

the industry is in the mess its in because drivers are their own worst enemies running about like headless chickens on a pittance of a wage.
driving through roadworks too fast , driving on the limiter on a 40mph road , fiddling their hours …the list goes on.

That sums it up, when they have lost their licences or died of heart attacks, the industry will carry out without them. None of us are indespensible, there are graveyards full of people who thought they were.

Take it easy, the load will still get there.

waddy640:

Marty B7:

Paul-H:

That sums it up, when they have lost their licences or died of heart attacks, the industry will carry out without them. None of us are indespensible, there are graveyards full of people who thought they were.
Take it easy, the load will still get there.

and do they think their fat greedy bosses care about them when theyre gone ?
NO … they just get the next muppet into the saddle and it starts again.