High trailers ban them! now!

Yesterday I was westbound on the A14 early in the morning when I came up quite fast on the most ridiculous trailer I think I have ever seen. It was maximum height, it had stupid little wheels and the smallest tractor unit that this particular firm could find. It was not gale force wind but there was stiff breeze, as I went past I could see the pilot hanging on to the steering wheel for dear life, the bloody horrible thing was all over the place. What idiot designed the thing and what idiot put it to work, who ever they were they should be made to drive the bloody thing in bad weather, they might think again. At least our foriegn cousins have got it right by banning anything higher than 4mtrs. It looks like our TMs and operaters care more about profit than the well being of their employees. I would not like to see the state of that poor truckers pants when he finished his shift, lets ban the things now.!!!

Wasn’t DPD/Parceline was it ■■ couldn’t agree more - a true accountants motor - great as long as they’re not driving :wink: :wink:

Mackem:
Wasn’t DPD/Parceline was it ■■ couldn’t agree more - a true accountants motor - great as long as they’re not driving :wink: :wink:

I am not sure but I thought it said something like Home Serve

SPOT ON MR ENIS,IT’S ALL ABOUT PROFIT :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Correct me if I’m wrong but I’m sure that I remember years ago when the max weights went up to 38 tonne that we used to put certain loads on flatbeds when running at max weight because apparently you couldn’t run a high tautliner at 38 tonne.
I may well be mistaken but it sticks in my mind.

the maoster:
Correct me if I’m wrong but I’m sure that I remember years ago when the max weights went up to 38 tonne that we used to put certain loads on flatbeds when running at max weight because apparently you couldn’t run a high tautliner at 38 tonne.
I may well be mistaken but it sticks in my mind.

I thing you are quite right there maoster, now we are running them at 44 tons

Totally agree little enis,anyrhing over 4 mtrs should be banned…
…then i could only get 2 cars on and have an easy life. :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

buck73:
Totally agree little enis,anyrhing over 4 mtrs should be banned…
…then i could only get 2 cars on and have an easy life. :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Buck it must be a bloody nightmare if you get lost with all that height to worry about, just following one of you guys gives me the shytes

its honestly not that bad ,enis,its trees that cause the most problems.no matter how well you plan unfamiliar drops with a bridge height book,trees always seem to jump out on you. :wink: :wink:
believe it or not,one of our guys got pulled and breath tested for suspected drink driving.
it turns out a member of the public had seen him weaving down the road.(he was avoiding trees). :open_mouth:

buck73:
its honestly not that bad ,enis,its trees that cause the most problems.no matter how well you plan unfamiliar drops with a bridge height book,trees always seem to jump out on you. :wink: :wink:
believe it or not,one of our guys got pulled and breath tested for suspected drink driving.
it turns out a member of the public had seen him weaving down the road.(he was avoiding trees). :open_mouth:

As I said a nightmare you guys deserve a medal, on the continent car delivery firms seem to make a good living with their low rigs so why cant the Brits?

Mackem:

Drove the double deckers there for 6 months last year, at least they kept you awake at night :open_mouth:

You silly little ENIS!

It’s obvious to those that know you that it was just a 14’11" step frame trailer, it just looks bigger cos yr so much lower than every normal height person! :wink:

little enis:

buck73:

As I said a nightmare you guys deserve a medal, on the continent car delivery firms seem to make a good living with their low rigs so why cant the Brits?

Simple answer.
on the continent,manufactures pay a historically decent rate per vehicle.
In britain,firms cut each others throats for work,manufactures hold rate cut meetings,one even did an e bay type tender for work last year.

little enis:
Yesterday I was westbound on the A14 early in the morning when I came up quite fast on the most ridiculous trailer I think I have ever seen. It was maximum height, it had stupid little wheels and the smallest tractor unit that this particular firm could find. It was not gale force wind but there was stiff breeze, as I went past I could see the pilot hanging on to the steering wheel for dear life, the bloody horrible thing was all over the place. What idiot designed the thing and what idiot put it to work, who ever they were they should be made to drive the bloody thing in bad weather, they might think again. At least our foriegn cousins have got it right by banning anything higher than 4mtrs. It looks like our TMs and operaters care more about profit than the well being of their employees. I would not like to see the state of that poor truckers pants when he finished his shift, lets ban the things now.!!!

i run about with 15’6 decker & it just ain’t funny when the wind plays with you, our T.M. is a pure fud, it’s not that bad… yeah only a FORCE 6!! :unamused: :open_mouth:

little enis:
I am not sure but I thought it said something like Home Serve

This lot perhaps: http://www.glynwebb.co.uk/

Run double deckers out of Blackpool.

microconcepts.co.uk/i_conten … 390_01.jpg

Blimey, and they used to talk about greedy boards!

We’ve got new double deckers at Royal mail…

16ft 2in…

Keep an eye out for them… They’re in full Royal Mail livery, but have a white headboard, and unlike the previous double deckers, have full size wheels and two straight through decks that can carry 90 yorks of mail.

Iggy:
We’ve got new double deckers at Royal mail…

16ft 2in…

Keep an eye out for them… They’re in full Royal Mail livery, but have a white headboard, and unlike the previous double deckers, have full size wheels and two straight through decks that can carry 90 yorks of mail.

Ill look out for one but no doubt soon we will find out what colour they are underneath and on the top.

I dont like them at all bet heres an idea, cut the top half off bring them down to about 14 feet to sit nicley behind a unit and being so low to the ground just think how stable they could be with a low centre of gravity.

Oh I forgot safety isnt the issue is it …

i remember that height thing
when it went from 32 to 38 you couldnt run over 4;2 metres
bizarre really

i hate high trailers
you can run over 4metres in France