We're too high

Does anyone else agree with me that alot of our lorries in the UK are way too high. Personally i think we should adopt the 4.0m high limit in this country. You always see foreign outfits running much lower with smaller wheels. Is this anyway reason we run big wheels here?

Opinions on a postcard.

Simon.

We’ve got the infrastructure to cope with extra height so let us stay that way. A move to 4.0m standard would benefit European trailer makers whilst hammering the smaller UK concerns who build double decker trailers. Plus side, no deckers = more vehicles = more jobs. Downside probably all surplus jobs created will be taken by foreign nationals.

Yeah that would really help in this recession every firm having to buy new trailers :unamused: :unamused:

Hilary Devey of Pallex and Dragons Den fame is campaigning to keep the double deckers

No we’re just fine as we are !

reducing to 4.0m would reduce artic livestock trucks back to 1 deck Cattle/2 decks Sheep instead of 2 decks Cattle / 4 decks sheep, as most jobs are paid per head the whole lot would become uneconomic ( or more uneconomic)

I didn’t like them at first but over time I have become used to them, they handle surprisingly well considering their height (if loaded correctly) and make for more efficient transport.

We have a lift at the stores to offload both decks so no problem and our routes are set.
Anything that gives U.K hauliers an edge has to be welcomed. Here to stay I reckon.

Site work would be a bit iffy with less clearance underneath, it’d mean that a lot of our equipment couldn’t be transported without having to move it from beavertail to step frame low loader trailer or some of the big stuff would need a proper job lowloader trailer. I’ll stay on big wheels thanks.

Europe will decide what we do.

personally im 100% for 4metre.
DHL disagree with me as theyve buggered up their order for 14’6" metre trailers and ended up with around 350 15"3", them being them, they didnt send em back, they kept quiet and took 'em. ■■■■■

Saaamon:
Does anyone else agree with me that alot of our lorries in the UK are way too high.

Opinions on a postcard.

Used to do a delivery to Charles Kendal’s in Trafford park in a low rider Renault Magnum with a huge fuel tank, and it kept scraping, so I told the boss and he said it’d be fine, probably just the mudguard…

Anyway, 1 day, fuel tank lands on the deck, it was the strap that was scraping…

Barely a hill there, but it was enough with the long wheelbase of a 4 legger and the low rider tyres.

Do much worse places, some places I go to, I’m watching for my trailer legs catching, even when wound fully up, so I like things as they are for the reason of keeping the form filling down.

Coffeeholic:

Saaamon:
Does anyone else agree with me that alot of our lorries in the UK are way too high.

Opinions on a postcard.

+1 :smiley:

I thought this thread was about Toby and his mates :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Saaamon:
Does anyone else agree with me that alot of our lorries in the UK are way too high. Personally i think we should adopt the 4.0m high limit in this country. You always see foreign outfits running much lower with smaller wheels. Is this anyway reason we run big wheels here?

Opinions on a postcard.

Simon.

We run big wheels in the UK so that short arses aren’t drawn towards trucking as a profession. No one wants short arses in their industry & I don’t see any reason why trucking should become a dumping ground for those who are considered to be vertically challenged.

They can always find well paid work in the Pantomime industry :smiley:

Foreign outfits have low trucks with small wheels ‘cos Johnny Foreigner’s average height is 5’ 3", compare that with an Englishmans average height of 6’ 2" & it just about balances it out, the trucks are designed so that we all have to climb the same number of steps to reach the cab.

Whether or not we should adopt a 4.0m high rule in this country is, I think, treasonous. As we are far superior drivers (by birthright) than any other culture, I think we shouldn’t entertain any maximum on height whatsoever. If Johnny Foreigner can drive a truck that is 4.0m high then your average Engerlishman should be able to cope with one that is at least 6.0m high.

If you think any differant then I would firstly question whether you are a true Engerlishmen, a short arse, a troll, or a vertically challenged person of foreign extraction who is bitter & twisted 'cos you’ve failed in your attempt to sue our glorious leaders 'cos they built our ground to close to your arses.

Chas:

Saaamon:

Opinions on a postcard.

Simon.

We run big wheels in the UK so that short arses aren’t drawn towards trucking as a profession. No one wants short arses in their industry & I don’t see any reason why trucking should become a dumping ground for those who are considered to be vertically challenged.

They can always find well paid work in the Pantomime industry :smiley:

Foreign outfits have low trucks with small wheels ‘cos Johnny Foreigner’s average height is 5’ 3", compare that with an Englishmans average height of 6’ 2" & it just about balances it out, the trucks are designed so that we all have to climb the same number of steps to reach the cab.

Whether or not we should adopt a 4.0m high rule in this country is, I think, treasonous. As we are far superior drivers (by birthright) than any other culture, I think we shouldn’t entertain any maximum on height whatsoever. If Johnny Foreigner can drive a truck that is 4.0m high then your average Engerlishman should be able to cope with one that is at least 6.0m high.

If you think any differant then I would firstly question whether you are a true Engerlishmen, a short arse, a troll, or a vertically challenged person of foreign extraction who is bitter & twisted 'cos you’ve failed in your attempt to sue our glorious leaders 'cos they built our ground to close to your arses.

quality :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Superior QUALITY

If it ain’t broke, why fix it. Plenty of trucks overturn even running at 4m, driving top heavy at neary 5m keeps your buttocks clenced and your senses alert and is safer :stuck_out_tongue: .

Saaamon:
You always see foreign outfits running much lower with smaller wheels. Is this anyway reason we run big wheels here?
Simon.

Because big wheels were thought of first, those rigs with little gay wheels were dreamt up by the Belgians who got vertigo sitting in Magnums :grimacing:

When I see stuff like this I think yes, but generally it is the driver that should be banned not equipment.

funny-car-photos-the-royal-mail-is-going-to-be-royally-late-today.jpg

Big Joe:
Because big wheels were thought of first, those rigs with little gay wheels were dreamt up by the Belgians who got vertigo sitting in Magnums :grimacing:

A little gay Belgian :stuck_out_tongue:

Big Joe:
little gay wheels were dreamt up by the Belgians who got vertigo sitting in Magnums :grimacing:

lol!