We're too high

As it is just the height of the trailer that is being determined, how long before we see flat trailers, stacked with stillages to 16ft, roped and sheeted!!
Back to the 60s and 70s!!

Not at all, anyone who thinks we will be able to manage with 4M trailers has never been to a pallet network hub. It won’t be feasible. And most standard straight frame trailers are higher than 4M anyway.

Big Joe:
If it ain’t broke, why fix it. Plenty of trucks overturn even running at 4m, driving top heavy at neary 5m keeps your buttocks clenced and your senses alert and is safer :stuck_out_tongue: .

Saaamon:
You always see foreign outfits running much lower with smaller wheels. Is this anyway reason we run big wheels here?
Simon.

Because big wheels were thought of first, those rigs with little gay wheels were dreamt up by the Belgians who got vertigo sitting in Magnums :grimacing:

So would pulling a 4.0 reefer loaded with hanging beef /lamb i would imagine

Theres nothing better than watching 4 desks of sheep doing 100kph on the Motorway with the top lot ducking when they see the shadow of the bridges :stuck_out_tongue:

I pulled 5.0mt for years on general haulage with no sat nav telling you about low Bridges, I could say that was proper driving, but I wont it was crap and on windy days a*se clenching :grimacing:

I think we should double the height of all trailers, but dont tell the highways agency :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

my honest opinion…keep to the european 4.0m throughout…

JLS Driver SOS:
I pulled 5.0mt for years on general haulage with no sat nav telling you about low Bridges, I could say that was proper driving, but I wont it was crap and on windy days a*se clenching :grimacing:

I remember pulling one of the first double deck fridge trailers up to Boroughbridge for RB on the day there was two dozen went on their side between Boroughbridge and Sheffield. Serious arse clenching. Also driven double deck curtainsiders when I was in L1 and the trailer was on the hard shoulder. I learned how to tie back curtains that night, lol.

JLS Driver SOS:
Theres nothing better than watching 4 desks of sheep doing 100kph on the Motorway with the top lot ducking when they see the shadow of the bridges :stuck_out_tongue:

:

took all the fun away when they made them fit a roof though :wink:

Well, what makes me laugh is that discussion about megaliners being too dangerous for British road. Then you switch the radio on Sally Traffic or something and you got five minutes of “lorry tipped over here, here, here, here, here, here, here…”

Personally in that windy weather of UK I would feel much safer passing lorry pulling two trailers than a double decker.

And I think that would be about the same load…

IMHO they should allow doublers, but ban double double deckers and wait 10 years to see what people prefer :wink:

orys:
Well, what makes me laugh is that discussion about megaliners being too dangerous for British road. Then you switch the radio on Sally Traffic or something and you got five minutes of “lorry tipped over here, here, here, here, here, here, here…”

Personally in that windy weather of UK I would feel much safer passing lorry pulling two trailers than a double decker.

And I think that would be about the same load…

IMHO they should allow doublers, but ban double double deckers and wait 10 years to see what people prefer :wink:

+1