High electricity & gas prices!

totalenergies.fr/fileadmin/ … uliers.pdf

This are the tariffs for France. Depending on area and consumption, but for a normal sized home.
Electricity 11.42 euros per month standing charge , unit price 0.1659. Vat inc.
Gas 20.73 euros per month standing charge , unit price 0.0819. Vat inc.

OwenMoney:
https://www.totalenergies.fr/fileadmin/Digital/Groupe/PDF/Documents_contractuels/Particuliers/Tarifs_TotalEnergies/fr/grille-tarifaire-online-particuliers.pdf

This are the tariffs for France. Depending on area and consumption, but for a normal sized home.
Electricity 11.42 euros per month standing charge , unit price 0.1659. Vat inc.
Gas 20.73 euros per month standing charge , unit price 0.0819. Vat inc.

Ironically that gas price is largely based on imported Brit gas that we pay around the same for and is about to almost double in price then more than double in January.
As for the costs of nuke fuelled electricity that can vary from a Chernobyl type disaster at worse.To massive subsidies indirectly largely paid for by Brit consumers being ripped off by EDF energy and plundering of our gas resources, at best.

The New Year looks set for a shaky start with 18% inflation forecast by Bloomberg UK. :open_mouth: bloomberg.com/news/articles … tion-to-18

lancpudn:
The New Year looks set for a shaky start with 18% inflation forecast by Bloomberg UK. :open_mouth: bloomberg.com/news/articles … tion-to-18

I wonder if inflation took into account the change in petrol from E5 to E10. The fact that you get 5% less mileage, or did they just compare the prices?

lancpudn:

WAAAAH
WAAAAH
WAAAAH

WE ALL GOING TO DIE…

stu675:

lancpudn:

I wonder if inflation took into account the change in petrol from E5 to E10. The fact that you get 5% less mileage, or did they just compare the prices?

I was reading about that E85 ‘super ethanol’ petrol in France & motorists there saying it’s way cheaper than standard petrol but you seem to be filling up more often.

lancpudn:

stu675:

lancpudn:

I was reading about that E85 ‘super ethanol’ petrol in France & motorists there saying it’s way cheaper than standard petrol but you seem to be filling up more often.

It needs an engine optimised for it in the form of high compression and boost and ignition timing to take advantage of the ( what should be ) higher octane rating.
An engine that’s optimised for ethanol won’t really run properly on petrol.

The underlying cause of the UK energy crisis has been found by our outgoing PM.
Apparently it has nothing to do with 12 years of Conservative Government: it is all because of Blair and Brown.
youtube.com/watch?v=L-2ktRADfRA
So, we can all happily vote for Tories again, safe in the knowledge that they will act fast to rectify these issues.

Franglais:
Apparently it has nothing to do with 12 years of Conservative Government: it is all because of Blair and Brown.
So, we can all happily vote for Tories again, safe in the knowledge that they will act fast to rectify these issues.

It’s got everything to do with our fossil fuel resources being exported to keep Euroland in luxury and so France can close down its dangerous nuke power stations to use our gas.
While telling us that we have to go all electric at £1 per kWh.
There’s no difference between Liebour or their Con allies in that scam.

Franglais:

LOL typical Tories to blame everyone but themselves, They knew this day was coming back in 2015 when they themselves proposed decarbonising transport/aviation/shipping/energy/dairy/meat & it was written into their manifesto in 2019 before the 2020 election. I wonder how many people would still have voted Tory if they bothered to read the manifesto thinking now that we’ve left the EU it’s nowt to do with us.

Carryfast:

lancpudn:

stu675:

lancpudn:

It needs an engine optimised for it in the form of high compression and boost and ignition timing to take advantage of the ( what should be ) higher octane rating.

I’ve been reading into those ‘Flexi fuel’ kits that enable the car to run on such high ethanol levels, Huge range of prices for them between £110 to over £500. I take it they could be switched over from one fuel to the other? :open_mouth: Aviation will soon be the next industry to be in dire straits when the green tax on kerosene comes into play in 2025 for the first time ever, It will be the most expensive fuel for aircraft to use if they cant source enough renewable e-fuels :open_mouth:

So whether you have a smart meter (which can be changed to a pre-payment meter) or declined one they will still get their way. :open_mouth: “Data obtained by The Big Issue shows that courts in England and Wales have granted more than 187,000 warrants to energy companies this year to allow them to enter customers’ homes and forcibly install prepayment meters.” :open_mouth: bigissue.com/news/social-ju … of-living/

lancpudn:

Franglais:

LOL typical Tories to blame everyone but themselves, They knew this day was coming back in 2015 when they themselves proposed decarbonising transport/aviation/shipping/energy/dairy/meat & it was written into their manifesto in 2019 before the 2020 election. I wonder how many people would still have voted Tory if they bothered to read the manifesto thinking now that we’ve left the EU it’s nowt to do with us.

It’s stated cross party policy to tie us to an unaffordable nuke fuelled all electric energy policy while applying punitive artificial price loading to fossil fuel.
So that our fossil fuel resources can be exported.
All based on the ‘climate’ fear narrative and the public have bought it at an all too predictable £1 per kWh.Good luck with domestic heating costs let alone charging the EV.

lancpudn:

Carryfast:

lancpudn:

I’ve been reading into those ‘Flexi fuel’ kits that enable the car to run on such high ethanol levels, Huge range of prices for them between £110 to over £500. I take it they could be switched over from one fuel to the other? :open_mouth: Aviation will soon be the next industry to be in dire straits when the green tax on kerosene comes into play in 2025 for the first time ever, It will be the most expensive fuel for aircraft to use if they cant source enough renewable e-fuels :open_mouth:

Increasing the compression and possibly forced induction boost is the only way to make it run efficiently on ethanol and takes some serious engine work like pistons and cylinder head fastening and gasket modification.
What would be the point of then retarding the ignition to the point of making it laughably inefficient running on petrol.
Ethanol is a one trick pony of relying on its higher octane rating to compensate for its lower energy content.The idea of trying to make an engine run efficiently on both is an oxymoron.Unless its only being used as an octane booster with a reasonably decent base petrol in which case E5 99 octane is as good as it gets.

Hey we’re going to be in luck in England! Grant shapps has put a cap on bus fares at 2 quid/journey starting January 2023. we’ve already got this price cap in greater Manchester which started on the 1st September 2022 Cost me zilch anyway with my old pharts concessionary travel pass :laughing: transport-network.co.uk/Sha … edge/17799

lancpudn:
Hey we’re going to be in luck in England! Grant shapps has put a cap on bus fares at 2 quid/journey starting January 2023. we’ve already got this price cap in greater Manchester which started on the 1st September 2022 Cost me zilch anyway with my old pharts concessionary travel pass :laughing: transport-network.co.uk/Sha … edge/17799

But he hasn’t put a ‘cap’ on bus operators then walking away leaving people with no buses.
I paid almost 5 quid just to get from a delivery in Funtington to Chichester station last week.They blamed it on operating costs.Luckily I can claim it back.
He’s talking crap as usual.
The only way to fix this is to use emergency powers to stop oil and gas exports and keeping it all for ourselves and ditch the climate bs.But the Tories obviously aren’t up for that.

blue estate:

stu675:
Who else already has a fixed rate contract?
My last fixed rate contract obviously ended with the supplier going bust, how worried should I be about Sainsbury’s/E.On going bust? Or otherwise somehow them getting out of my contract before October 2023?

Eon won’t go bust as it’s A German firm

The German government are preparing to take over critical energy companies in case too much brown stuff hits the fan. euractiv.com/section/energy … ssian-gas/

After securing five floating LNG terminals they’re also eying up oil/diesel fired floating power stations to help balance the electricity grid :open_mouth: I wonder if those will be going to the highest bidder & which third world countries they’ll outbid to secure those from. Cuba, Lebanon, Indonesia,Senegal :question:
euractiv.com/section/energy … he-winter/

lancpudn:

blue estate:

stu675:
My last fixed rate contract obviously ended with the supplier going bust, how worried should I be about Sainsbury’s/E.On going bust? Or otherwise somehow them getting out of my contract before October 2023?

The German government are preparing to take over critical energy companies in case too much brown stuff hits the fan. euractiv.com/section/energy … ssian-gas/

After securing five floating LNG terminals they’re also eying up oil/diesel fired floating power stations to help balance the electricity grid :open_mouth: I wonder if those will be going to the highest bidder & which third world countries they’ll outbid to secure those from. Cuba, Lebanon, Indonesia,Senegal :question:

I fully expect our Gov to tell us that “the market” will provide whatever is needed.
If by some chance it doesn`t there are well tried routes for chums, buddies, and party donors, to provide a supply of…summat or other, that might or might not be useful.

lancpudn:

blue estate:

stu675:

Which is a clear statement that Germany knows that the climate scam is economic suicide at the risk of nuclear diaster and abandoning it in favour of a cheap safe fossil fuel based energy policy is the only logical solution.Coal fired power stations obviously also need to be brought back online as part of that.

Franglais:

lancpudn:
I fully expect our Gov to tell us that “the market” will provide whatever is needed.
If by some chance it doesn`t there are well tried routes for chums, buddies, and party donors, to provide a supply of…summat or other, that might or might not be useful.

As opposed to Euroland enforcing a nuke fuelled all electric utopia at £1 per kwh for us while it burns as much cheap safe fossil fuel as it can get.