CO2 tax on transport & buildings

The EU has just approved CO2 tax on transport & buildings/heating starting in 2027 on the EWTS2 (Emissions trading system).
"The new carbon price will apply to petrol, diesel and heating fuels such as natural gas whose climate warming emissions have continued to rise over the years despite attempts to decarbonise. "
There is a €87billion social climate fund for EU citizens to help with rising costs, The UK is linked to this & I wonder if we’re going to get owt!
euractiv.com/section/emissi … mate-fund/

No doubt accompanied by all the climate scam and EU supporting media whingeing about the freezing poor not being able to afford to pay their heating bills.
Be careful what you wish for.
Ironically I would be in support of the EU putting a 300% import tax on UK gas exports to Europe thereby levelling gas and electric prices in Euro la la land.But not because I believe the climate scam.

lancpudn:
There is a €87billion social climate fund for EU citizens to help with rising costs, The UK is linked to this & I wonder if we’re going to get owt!

So they use punitive taxes, supposedly to stop people using gas, then they give the money back to us.
Which actually translates as Communism works until it runs out of other people’s cash.
You know all the ‘others’ who don’t qualify for the ‘CO2’ tax kickbacks.
While the richest elites don’t care about their fuel bills.They can afford to burn as much gas and petrol as they want.

Carryfast:

lancpudn:

So they use punitive taxes, supposedly to stop people using gas, then they give the money back to us.
Which actually translates as Communism works until it runs out of other people’s cash.
While the richest elites don’t care about their fuel bills.They can afford to burn as much gas and petrol as they want.

Yeah another kick up the backside for ICE vehicles before the 2030 ban. It was supposed to start in 2025 at the same time as the Euro 7 emission standard but it kept going back to the drawing board because of intense lobbying by oil companies & car manufacturers.

lancpudn:

Carryfast:

lancpudn:

Yeah another kick up the backside for ICE vehicles before the 2030 ban. It was supposed to start in 2025 at the same time as the Euro 7 emission standard but it kept going back to the drawing board because of intense lobbying by oil companies & car manufacturers.

No another kick up the backside of those on relatively low incomes but who don’t qualify for the CO2 tax kickbacks.
As I said be careful what you wish for.
It’s not going to be any fun for the younger generations and absolutely no sympathy from me they deserve everything that’s coming to them.
They wanted it, they voted for it, they’ve bought it, and they will get it.
A zero hours service sector job and wage and strictly controlled living standards.Meaning a bus or bicycle to commute to and from work and a cold energy rationed house to live in.
Glad I was born in the mid 20th century but 10 years earlier would have been better.

Ahhhh “Carbon”…

“Let him that hath Wisdom count the number of the beast”…

Six Protons, Six Neutrons… and … Six Electrons.

This is common “Soot” of course, Carbon-12, the most abundant natural isotope, and what all animal life happens to be comprised of… “The Beast” is in all of us, but to do away with it - is to do away with life as we know it as well.