High electricity & gas prices!

Carryfast:

Franglais:

lancpudn:
I fully expect our Gov to tell us that “the market” will provide whatever is needed.
If by some chance it doesn`t there are well tried routes for chums, buddies, and party donors, to provide a supply of…summat or other, that might or might not be useful.

As opposed to Euroland enforcing a nuke fuelled all electric utopia at £1 per kwh for us while it burns as much cheap safe fossil fuel as it can get.

To add.Climate scam is an understatement.

forexlive.com/news/more-info … -20220907/

If you rely on public fast chargers to charge your BEV, today sees the start of £1/kWh on Ospreys rapid chargers :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: fleetnews.co.uk/news/latest … -1-per-kwh

thelocal.fr/20220914/french … s-in-2023/

Prime Minister Elisabeth Borne, speaking during a press conference on Wednesday, announced that from the beginning of 2023 both gas and electricity prices will rise – by a maximum of 15 percent.

For the average user this will result in an extra €20-25 per month on their energy bills – as opposed to an extra €180-€200 per month without the price shield in place.

It’s nice having a government that does the right things for its citizens…

OwenMoney:
https://www.thelocal.fr/20220914/french-pm-to-present-measures-to-limit-energy-bills-in-2023/

Prime Minister Elisabeth Borne, speaking during a press conference on Wednesday, announced that from the beginning of 2023 both gas and electricity prices will rise – by a maximum of 15 percent.

For the average user this will result in an extra €20-25 per month on their energy bills – as opposed to an extra €180-€200 per month without the price shield in place.

It’s nice having a government that does the right things for its citizens…

France sells our gas cheaper to its consumers for less than we pay for it at home.While telling us that we have to go all electric at £1 per kWh to save the planet.

lancpudn:
If you rely on public fast chargers to charge your BEV, today sees the start of £1/kWh on Ospreys rapid chargers :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: fleetnews.co.uk/news/latest … -1-per-kwh

That’s actually in line with domestic electricity prices after the October and April increases.Obviously not including road fuel duty and 20% VAT …yet.
I’ve actually recently delivered two petrol replacements for EVs one a V8 Range Rover replacing a Tesla and an F Pace replacing a Polestar.
The market for EVs is rightly heading for a train wreck.Only a fool would buy one

Carryfast:

lancpudn:

That’s actually in line with domestic electricity prices after the October and April increases.Obviously not including road fuel duty and 20% VAT …yet.
I’ve actually recently delivered two petrol replacements for EVs one a V8 Range Rover replacing a Tesla and an F Pace replacing a Polestar.
The market for EVs is rightly heading for a train wreck.Only a fool would buy one

£1/kWh seems to be a symbolic round number to me, Are they doing it for dramatic effect for the government to see!!! I’m paying 29p/kWh & looking like it’s going to go up by 20% on the 1st October according to Octopus energy.

rac.co.uk/drive/news/electr … ket-grows/
I wouldn’t call it a train wreck, Used EV’s are in huge demand to the point of MG ZS EV owners being offered almost the same price they paid for their EV’s two years ago, One MG dealer offered them that trade in price against a new MG 4 BEV. The only problem was they would have to wait for the new MG 4’s landing on the shores of the UK nearer the end of this year. 10000 MG4’s have set sail from China for the EU/UK already.

lancpudn:

Carryfast:

lancpudn:

£1/kWh seems to be a symbolic round number to me, Are they doing it for dramatic effect for the government to see!!! I’m paying 29p/kWh & looking like it’s going to go up by 20% on the 1st October according to Octopus energy.

rac.co.uk/drive/news/electr … ket-grows/
I wouldn’t call it a train wreck, Used EV’s are in huge demand to the point of MG ZS EV owners being offered almost the same price they paid for their EV’s two years ago, One MG dealer offered them that trade in price against a new MG 4 BEV. The only problem was they would have to wait for the new MG 4’s landing on the shores of the UK nearer the end of this year. 10000 MG4’s have set sail from China for the EU/UK already.

The October rise is only the first stage.There are higher increases in the pipeline and £1 per kWh is a very real figure by early next year.Bearing in mind Octopus is just rigging it’s prices, with unsustainable subsidies, to stop it’s aim of an all electric captive market to make Al Gore richer, being derailed.
As for the EV market what I’m seeing is EVs being traded back to petrol on balance because EV owners are slowly realising the cost implications of electric v petrol ICE per equivalent kWh.
Good luck with that.

I rang up gas/elec supplier & said you’ve put ours up from 66- 85 -£148 pm , we’re still only using apx £65 , after looking at previous bills he’s dropped our monthly d/d to £75 , but said we may put it up if bills go up , I said take it out the £300 apx credit I’m in first !!!
I’d of had no real issue with £85 pm , but £66 -£148 was just a ■■■■ take , my money earning them interest

dozy:
I rang up gas/elec supplier & said you’ve put ours up from 66- 85 -£148 pm , we’re still only using apx £65 , after looking at previous bills he’s dropped our monthly d/d to £75 , but said we may put it up if bills go up , I said take it out the £300 apx credit I’m in first !!!
I’d of had no real issue with £85 pm , but £66 -£148 was just a ■■■■ take , my money earning them interest

You can pay monthly direct debit only based on the monthly meter reading.£80 per month in the winter no chance even at these unit prices let alone the new ones.

So Truss is borrowing 150bn to help, who she borrowing it from and who’s going to pay it back?

Sent from my SM-T976B using Tapatalk

rearaxle:
So Truss is borrowing 150bn to help, who she borrowing it form and who’s going to pay it back?

You, and your children.

Franglais:

rearaxle:
So Truss is borrowing 150bn to help, who she borrowing it form and who’s going to pay it back?

You, and your children.

Exactly, so we still paying whichever way they move it about. Giving us jack ■■■■!

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

rearaxle:

Franglais:

rearaxle:

You, and your children.

Exactly, so we still paying whichever way they move it about. Giving us jack [zb]!

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Come on ! Be fair:
Previously, only the poorer, more needy folk, have had gov assistance, now Truss wants to give the same help to bankers,and oil companies.
It`s only right you know.

Quite a few countries are not going to be held to ransom over sky gas prices for generating electricity & are going back to building nuclear power stations :open_mouth:

Poland are building 6
France are building 40
China are building 150
Japan & South Korea are building more & restarting their nuclear power stations back up.
Interesting video ‘Japan’s plan to ruin the price of oil & gas’. youtube.com/watch?v=K0Ff0Fg4mTI

lancpudn:
Quite a few countries are not going to be held to ransom over sky gas prices for generating electricity & are going back to building nuclear power stations :open_mouth:

Poland are building 6
France are building 40
China are building 150
Japan & South Korea are building more & restarting their nuclear power stations back up.
Interesting video ‘Japan’s plan to ruin the price of oil & gas’. youtube.com/watch?v=K0Ff0Fg4mTI

Obviously all countries with no major oil and gas resources …unlike us.
While going all electric at £1 per kWh at the risk of nuclear disaster for us is just cutting off our nose to spite our face.
As for Poland and China I think coal is still their main source of electricity generation not gas.There’s no way that their economies would stand the switch to expensive nuclear electric.Just as ours didn’t/won’t.

Oh dear! VW is talking about moving vehicle production out of Germany in the coming months because of the dire gas shortage, They’re considering moving production to their other plants in Slovakia & the Czech republic who can still get Russian gas via the Slovak-Hungarian pipeline until 2024, Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. europe.autonews.com/automakers/ … s-shortage
Mercedes are also producing as many car parts as they can before the gas runs out. todaynewspost.com/auto-news/mer … tra-parts/

Absolute joke , I spoke to a e-on bloke a month or two ago who told me from October my monthly d/d would reduce from the £148 pm ( from 66/85/148 ) that they’d put it up to down to £75 as I was only using apx £65 gas/elec pm & was now in apx £300 in credit
Que end of sept I get a letter saying they’d looked at my gas /electric usage ( last monthly bill was £64 ) & we’re raising my monthly d/d to £98 pm including my £66 pm rebate from government , I thought maybe the £66 would come off the £98 , but no £98 has come out bank , so I’m now paying £164 pm & will be nigh on £400 in credit
After 2 x1 hr attempts to contact them I gave up as couldn’t stomach the music anymore
It seems not only are e on ripping off there customers there purposely not answering there phones
I thought the government were sorting this rip-off out
Nb I can afford this , but many can’t , bloody discacefull

dozy:
Absolute joke , I spoke to a e-on bloke a month or two ago who told me from October my monthly d/d would reduce from the £148 pm ( from 66/85/148 ) that they’d put it up to down to £75 as I was only using apx £65 gas/elec pm & was now in apx £300 in credit
Que end of sept I get a letter saying they’d looked at my gas /electric usage ( last monthly bill was £64 ) & we’re raising my monthly d/d to £98 pm including my £66 pm rebate from government , I thought maybe the £66 would come off the £98 , but no £98 has come out bank , so I’m now paying £164 pm & will be nigh on £400 in credit
After 2 x1 hr attempts to contact them I gave up as couldn’t stomach the music anymore
It seems not only are e on ripping off there customers there purposely not answering there phones

I’m with E.on through Sainsbury’s.
Without prompting they’ve reduced my DD from £88 to £20 something. I’m only £150 in credit but I assume it’s the rebate kicking in.

stu675:

dozy:

I’m with E.on through Sainsbury’s.
Without prompting they’ve reduced my DD from £88 to £20 something. I’m only £150 in credit but I assume it’s the rebate kicking in.

That’s about what I thought my d/d would be stu 98 - 66 gov rebate =£22 , but it seems not , if they’d answer the phone which they seem not to be doing I’d certainly be demanding my apx £400 credit back never mind reducing my d/d , I read a article where the government were going to stop this profiteering , but it doesn’t seem to be happening

Gas prices have now more than halved this year…

Funny how the establishment are still setting us up to pay even MORE by next april now…

It is about time that the entire energy complex - got nationalized - or at least taxed to the hilt.

“Windfall Taxes” cannot be permitted to propel Labour to power, who are likely to overturn Brexit before wiping their feet on Number 10’s doormat!