Hi guys!

just found this forum! i’m planning on taking my class 2 beginning of next year. i’m working as a transit driver at the moment and have been on an d off for the past 6 years. When i first started i found it really hard to find work, because i didn’t have any experience. am i likely to have the same problem with wagons?

Hi Nate and welcome to TruckNet UK. It can be a problem finding something without the experience but we have had many reports on here of drivers finding work not long after passing and there is a driver shortage in places so companies are more prepared to give ‘newbies’ a chance.

Hi Nate & welcome to TruckNet.
If you get out & get pro active rather than just wait for the work to find you, there are many companies & agencies, who will give you work.
But how easy you will find it to find work will also depend upon the types of work you are willing to do, most HGV 2 work does not involve tramping, (nights out,) but it can involve multi drop & handballing & generally getting your hands dirty.
If any of the companies you drive for at the moment use HGV’s start asking there, as you have the advantage of being a known quantity, not an unknown risk.
Good luck.

hi nate,welcome to trucknet and i hope you enjoy the forums.most company’s want experiance but i’m sure you’ll get there in the end.good luck. :wink:

Hi Nate, welcome to TruckNet UK.

alan makes a lot of sense to me. I hope you enjoy the forums here, any other queries you might have, just ask. Have a good look through first tho’, often your question will have been asked a few weeks ago.

hello again!

long story short, bad things happened not long afer i last posted here, but i have finally passed my rigid test on the 2nd attempt :smiley: currently living in wiltshire driving a recovery truck. started with them 3 years ago on 7.5’s, then moved up when i passed last november. need to start thinking about taking my artic test so i can move onto heavy recoveries

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome back Nate :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Nearly 5 years late… :open_mouth:
… You’re fired !!! :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Glad things turned out OK in the end :smiley: :smiley:

Nate:
thinking about taking my artic test

All the LGV TRAINING TIPS, including the Recommended LGV training schools that have been recommended by members, can be accessed by clicking on the link in my signature :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

FAQ forum for info on Posting Pics & avatars, How to use quotes, Driver CPC, and much more…

ROG:
Nearly 5 years late… :open_mouth:

satnav drivers :unamused: :laughing:

Hi Nate, glad you finally got it together. :smiley:

Catch up on the zzz’s now while you can - there won’t be any time for sleep if you start on the heavy recoveries! :unamused: :laughing: