[UPDATE] Passed!

Evening all, (soon-to-be) newbie driver here

As of monday i should be starting my weeks intensive, and by friday evening, hoping to be a C1 Rigid driver! :smiley:

The only downside i have at the moment is that i dont believe there is going to be a massive amount of prospective employment for a fresh driver.

In anyones experience, are there any companies that take fresh drivers? i live on the border of oxford/wiltshire so have a large area of focus, i also have 2 years of commercial van experience.

does anyone know of any companies within the area looking to give new drivers a chance?

Many thanks and hello to all :slight_smile:

UPDATE:
Passed on friday the 15th! with 8 minors. CPC is set for thursday the 28th, with all luck ill be ready to rock and (not roll the truck).

still looking for work but hopefully with christmas deliveries coming soon iā€™ll be able to get some work over the holiday period :smiley:
Sketch

You could try Bidvest Banbury.

Did you have a read of the LGV TRAINING TIPS link in my signature below ?

One thing I will say is having commercial van experience doesnā€™t seem to matter to anyone. Itā€™s only really hgv experience that counts. Iā€™ve been doing multi drop work for years in a 3.5t van but I keep getting told itā€™s not relevant!?!?!? Even applying for hgv multi drop work. Seems if you havenā€™t had your license for 2 years no one cares. Class 2 seems so hard to get on.

Although on that note I will say that there are tons of jobs available and Iā€™ve found work on class 1 as a brand new driver.

Although on that note I will say that there are tons of jobs available and Iā€™ve found work on class 1 as a brand new driver.

And yet another bit of proof to poke in the eye of the ā€œno jobs for newbiesā€ brigade! There clearly is work if you go and look for it. And it seems you dont have to look as hard as has been the case for the last few years.

And congrats on your job success.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I recently passed Class 2 and Class 1 (August and September this year) and have been employed since mid October driving artics. There is work out there for newbies, you just need a bit of luck and a lot of persistence and determination!

Assume the c1 bit is a spelling mistake ?

indeed so hehe. its been a long week :smiley: been working in a skip factory to keep the money coming in. 4am till 7pm takes its toll after a few days :smiley:

Updated

Sketchzor:
indeed so hehe. its been a long week :smiley: been working in a skip factory to keep the money coming in. 4am till 7pm takes its toll after a few days :smiley:

It is long days but in the long run that will count for more when employers ask about experience and thry see you are willing to work it will look good

very true, im hoping that they do, im in the process of looking for jobs at the moment, all i can see so far is alot of people requiring 2 years C experience :S

:smiley: :smiley: