hgv training

:sunglasses: hi i am new to this site. i need a little help i live near coventry and would like to do my c+e licence but dont know where to start looking. any help would be great. and what sort of money will i be looking at to do this test.
:smiling_imp: i am also trying to find lgv c1 work but no luck yet.
and if you are out there HI LYNDSEY…

If I’m out there! I’ve always been out there honey as you well know! :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

A HUGE WARM WELCOME TO TRUCKNET!!!
(Which would be in bold type if I knew how to work this [zb]ing machine. :laughing: :laughing:

Have a good look round, check out Bully’s ect you might find some of the stuff in the PDF (proffessional drivers forum) a bit technical but if you have any questions just ask the only dumb question on tnet is the question that isn’t asked. Please let us know how your interview goes and you will find plenty of people here in the same boat as you and who have also been through it recently. As I told you in the pub on saturday (she leads me astray!) go for that 7.5t work to get some experience with navigation ect. I’m sure others will come along with a more extensive answer soon.

repton should be along later he’s out for the day being dangerous. (oh don’t tell him I was moaning! :wink: ) Let’s just hope he doesn’t scratch those leathers! :open_mouth:

Note to Liberace;. This is Polly of spag bol fame.

Lindsey.

is that bold enough :laughing: Denis F

Thank you Denis, good ain’t I! :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :wink: :laughing:

Hi Polly and Welcome to TruckNetUK. Very nice Spag Bol it was too :wink:. As for cost, it cost me nearly £3500 to go from car driver up to Class 1 and a lot of sweat and a few tears besides :open_mouth:. That’s with 5 tests in total, retests and lessons for retests. My old instructor charges £32.50 p/h for Cass 1 and is [zb] good (found him after I got upset with a training school in Nottingham). He’s at Loughborough. Dunno about your area though. I made that money back doing work no one else wanted to (multidrop on artic) to get the all invaluable experience you need to get the better jobs. Now I’m quite happy taking home around £350 or so a week with a boss who leaves me alone to do what I want so long as I do my job and no hassle at all unless I don’t do the job properly :wink: (and I don’t miss the multidrop one bit :laughing:).

Your best bet for work when you pass would probably to be to contact an agency and work on an ad hoc basis or take a lower paid job to get the experience to go for the better jobs. Again, don’t know your area, but the agency wage at Walkers at Leicester is pretty good at the moment. £8.50 p/h when I last looked (worked for them) and they will/would take new drivers.

The 7.5 tonne work’s probably a good idea, because some of them would be just a little smaller than the Class 2 vehicle you would take your test in and get you used to them quite nicely without forking the cash out lfor your Class 2 lessons (I’d ridden a motorbike for 4 years and was stuck in this [zb] big lorry one Monday morning :open_mouth:).

Hope this helps.

Ian

Ladytrucker679:
repton should be along later he’s out for the day being dangerous. (oh don’t tell him I was moaning! :wink: ) Let’s just hope he doesn’t scratch those leathers! :open_mouth:

As promised by the good lady here I am, safe and sound and the leathers are no more scratched than they were before I started :slight_smile:

I’ll add my big welcome to TruckNet to the pile. There’s enough here to keep you going for months if you want to read it all…

Paul

Welcome to TruckNet UK polly rocket :smiley:

for C+E try Dave Brine hes in treacle town…
keep a spare road atlas at home…if a strange town comes on the telly look it up…
this will help built up your geographical awareness

oh and by the way
welcome to tnuk

hitch:
for C+E try Dave Brine hes in treacle town…
keep a spare road atlas at home…if a strange town comes on the telly look it up…
this will help built up your geographical awareness

oh and by the way
welcome to tnuk

That is a very good idea. :sunglasses:

:stuck_out_tongue: THANK YOU FOR THE WARM WELCOME
it put a big smile on my face. nice to be made so welcome by u all. i have joined a couple of agencys today and hope to soon be on the road to gaining some experience to head up the ladder to the big ones> :laughing:
hi rep
thanks for the welcome nice to know your leathers r ok :wink:
hi to u 2 lib
thanks for the info
THANKS to 2 convoy for your usefull info i will follow that up.
hope to speak to u all agian soon

Ladytrucker679:
A HUGE WARM WELCOME TO TRUCKNET!!!
(Which would be in bold type if I knew how to work this [zb]ing machine. :laughing: :laughing:

And she’s a moderator :confused: ■■?

Welcome to Trucknet.
Can’t really help you, you are going to have to find out who does training in your area and compare prices.
The same really goes for 7.5 tonne work, knock on doors and if you get it right you might get a company to take from 7.5 tonne to C+E.

Whats all this about Spag Bol thenâ– â– ? :confused:

me and my missus like spag bol…
and where local to you

And she’s a moderator

Was thinking the same :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Welcome to trucknet polly rocket

Welcome from another newbie - just a thought, but some agencies will not only give you 7.5t experience, but pay for all or part of your LGV training in return for a set period of service. I’m not going down that route myself, for various reasons too tedious to go into here, but the offer was there from an agency I was doing some work for.

repton:
I’ll add my big welcome to TruckNet to the pile. There’s enough here to keep you going for months if you want to read it all…

The only other thing to say is that repton is dead right. I haven’t posted a lot, but I’ve been hoovering up as much info as I can - lots of really useful stuff :smiley:

And there was me expecting dirty jokes about leathers! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

repton I think I need some computer lessons! :blush: :blush: :blush: :laughing:

And she’s a moderator :confused: ■■?

That wasn’t my idea! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Ah the spag bol thing, what you do is throw a dinner party and take the ingredients around to Polly who cooks it and brings it with her. Cool huh? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ladytrucker679:
And there was me expecting dirty jokes about leathers! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

it’s ok, we do things with leather and whips here too :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: