Lucky newbie

Hi all, I’ve enjoyed reading others training diary’s and alike so thought id post my own. I’ve got the chance to do my hgv licences for just cost of fuel, tests and a small fee to use the lorries. This is because my uncle does training part time for the firm he works for as well as general driving for them, and he’s willing to put his time in for free :smiley: :smiley: Il probably pay for his grub at the food vans so this may cancel out the savings :laughing: I’m actually off to uni all being well this year but always been in to trucks so cant resist the chance to do my licenses, hopefully be a good way to earn some cash while I’m there and when I’m on the breaks. Should be able to get some work with the firm my uncles with to get some experience which will be a massive help as I’m only 19 at the mo. Any who so far I’ve passed all my theory’s had them all booked in 1 day and they let me do one after another which was handy as I had the lot done in about a hour. 99 on multi choice, 46/50 on case study and 74/100 on the hazard perception thing. I have my cat C booked for the 23rd and my mod 4 booked for 29th. Hopefully all will go well and I will be getting straight on to the C+E as soon as I can, no doubt driving that for the first time will be interesting :open_mouth: Will be starting my training about a week before the test although may head out for a quick drive before that if the chance arises. When I can get a pic of the trucks il be training in I will post it up here, and il update this when theres more to say I spose.

Cheers for reading Phil :grimacing:

Good luck with the training. Wish I was able to get the cheap training like you are :smiley:

All the best with your training and tests. Keep us posted :laughing: :laughing:

Good luck with your training and the added bonus of getting it for free.

Good luck with the training ( and tests) :sunglasses: . Put a training diary on if you can :wink: .

John.

Hope all goes well for you god luck with the training & uni what are you going to be doing there :question: which uni you going to :question:

Take the opportunity while you can as you are still young

Good luck

Cheers for all the replys guys il post up some pics and a bit about how its going when i start training which will probly be very late this week or early next.

animal:
Hope all goes well for you god luck with the training & uni what are you going to be doing there :question: which uni you going to :question:

Take the opportunity while you can as you are still young

Good luck

Thanks, im going to UWE in bristol all being well to study robotics, was gonna do computing but seemed a bit dull in comparison. Got plymouth down as my insurence, same course. Seems like an interesting course and you do a year in industry as part of it which is handy as seems a lot of degrees are just a waste of time as far as getting a job goes. And once i have my licences il always have something to fall back on if needed.

Phil