HGV Training Courses

Hi Everyone

I have posted on here previously and everyone was very helpful, so i thought i would ask for peoples advice.
Here goes, i was made redundant last year and have not had much luck on the employment front since.
I was told by a man at the job centre that i could get on an hgv course paid by the government however only if i could provide a letter stating that a company would offer me employment on completion of the course.
I have written to a few companies in the Glasgow area and they have said that they dont have any vacancies coming up so cant help me.
I realise that companies will be reluctant to offer concrete proof of employment but i thought i would see if any of you have any advice for me ?
Thanks in advance for your replies good or bad

allan :smiley:

Sorry but there is no money now available for training from the government

This would be standard but tbh there are a lot of drivers out of work atm experienced & newbies & things are very tight

In the last few weeks there have been at least 4 big transport companies go

Sorry but dont really mean to put you off but this is the harsh reality of it

animal:

It may be a different situation in Scotland.

Brendon:

animal:

It may be a different situation in Scotland.

It could well be but dont hole your breath & most transport companies will be much the same as in England due to higher fuel prices etc

But good look to him with it

There is always ESF funding if you can get that

amacke4344:
Hi Everyone

I have posted on here previously and everyone was very helpful, so i thought i would ask for peoples advice.
Here goes, i was made redundant last year and have not had much luck on the employment front since.
I was told by a man at the job centre that i could get on an hgv course paid by the government however only if i could provide a letter stating that a company would offer me employment on completion of the course.
I have written to a few companies in the Glasgow area and they have said that they dont have any vacancies coming up so cant help me.
I realise that companies will be reluctant to offer concrete proof of employment but i thought i would see if any of you have any advice for me ?
Thanks in advance for your replies good or bad

allan :smiley:

I found this?
sgbdcareers.co.uk/Vacancies/ … etail/1276