HGV 1 C+E driver vacancy

Hi everyone,

was just checking out the local jobs on the job centre site, and was amazed at the jobs on offer ? no wonder this country is going down the pan.A firm local to me (midlands) was offering a C+E job for get this £6.70pr hr lol .Now i thought we werent in a 3rd world country were they pay there workers crap money and i thought slave labour went out years ago.i for one wouldnt dream of driving such a vehicle with all the responsibility that goes with it for that crap money i should name and shame these guys but i wont.i work for an agency atm but i want a job with a firm as i want some form of stability but all i can see is crap pay for loads of hours worked in company jobs went for interview today european work pay was a joke £60 per day they were paying and they had the cheek to say you get £30 per night extra tax free ? since when did the night allowance become part of the wage when its supposed to be an inconvience allowance for having a night out ?been driving for 20 odd years now and the pay in firms is getting worse ? would love some thoughts on this ?

Hi Paul,

I’ve moved your post to where it can be better discussed.

BUMP :wink: :grimacing:

the problem we have, is some people will take the job, no matter what the pay is. this ■■■■■ it up for everyone. it’s the same with the driver cpc.
all those who work for low wages, and do the dcpc, are driving this industry into the ground.

Also the problem is,…someone might take this job and get working tax thus making it worth while but if you are a single guy with no kids there wont be much chance getting any benefits.

I see your £6.70 and lower you to £6.10…and driving a car transporter(a car auctions in leeds) at that !

TTX boy:
Also the problem is,…someone might take this job and get working tax thus making it worth while but if you are a single guy with no kids there wont be much chance getting any benefits.

Yes, it’s worth noting that if you are over 50 and were out of work during the last tax year, you are entitled to Working Tax Credits, whether you have children or not, and even if you are now in a well-paying job. I claim it myself, and have no shame or guilt in doing so, I have paid in enough over the years.

I would rather be earning a crap wage than no wage! In fact I am on a crap wage and have no shame in doing it as it puts food in my familys bellys and pays the bills! Ive been unemployed on benefits before and it is not a good place to be. Given the choice then I would NOT work for theses wages but as said, needs must.

Harry Monk:

TTX boy:

Yes, it’s worth noting that if you are over 50 and were out of work during the last tax year, you are entitled to Working Tax Credits, whether you have children or not, and even if you are now in a well-paying job. I claim it myself, and have no shame or guilt in doing so, I have paid in enough over the years.

Why would you have any shame or guilt in it? Get what you’re entitled to, you KNOW the foreigners and scroungers will, so why shouldn’t an English working man? You are English aren’t you? If not, put all that money back and [zb] off :laughing:

If it needs stars to get it past the auto censor, then that’s your clue that you were trying to use a banned word.
Adding the stars does NOT make a banned word become acceptable. dd.

waynedl:

Harry Monk:

TTX boy:

Why would you have any shame or guilt in it? Get what you’re entitled to, you KNOW the foreigners and scroungers will, so why shouldn’t an English working man? You are English aren’t you? If not, put all that money back and [zb] off :laughing:

Excellent lol

FAT-BOY:

waynedl:

Harry Monk:

TTX boy:

Excellent lol

Its not just the over 50’s, if you earn below the threshold you can claim working tax credits and housing benefits…One of my closest friends is just going through the system now, the woman on the phone told him that when working tax credits started, there was the general misconception that they were only for families and not single people.

I’m in the position I can’t afford to take a well paid driving job, working family tax credits put me on way more than any of the big paying jobs pay so it’s catch 22, I could go earn way more but in the end I end up worse off!!!

When i was working for agencies i was able to claim tax credits for what it was worth as conveniently all it did was pay my council tax as the monthly amount was the same, as for housing benefit you would have to be earing a very low wage under £300 take home a week to qualify for anything out of them,
As a single bloke myself i would not take a job at £90 per day add another £30-40 then maybe

If they want us to work for less today than we did 5-10 years ago then they (government) better had lower the cost of living , that’s from fuel costs to food on yer plate and roof over the head costs, things like council tax need changing for those who rent or live in a flat (should be paying less) some on benefits would be either no better off or worse off financially by working and the current system doesn’t stop this ,
But as a “Professional driver” with cat c c&e should never be expected to work for minimum wage , for me the reason for working is to earn money and do more than just pay my bills i want enough left over for me isn’t that a basic reward for working?