here we go again

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/nort … 409755.stm :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

bloody hell that’s another nightmare i can have tonite! I hope he wasn’t hurt or too badly shaken up.
Every city should have to provide safe parking places for trucks by law.

They say he was parked in a lorry park,i wonder if next time he will use a layby as his safety would look to be the same in either place, Non existent.If this doesn’t show that we need places of safety to park what will !!!

If this doesn’t show that we need places of safety to park what will !!!

Here Here !!! When will it happen though. When 1 of us are dead !!!

mpj81:
When will it happen though. When 1 of us are dead !!!

At least one already is mate. There was a guy tragically killed on an industrial estate in Scunthorpe (iirc) not so long back when someone decided it’d be a good idea to set fire to his motor as he slept. And that’s only one i remember hearing about. We may’ve nicked a curly wurly or knocked the heads off the odd tulip or two, but setting fire to trucks and throwing blocks off bridges?! [zb]s!

■■■■■■■■■ :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

I remember a Homebase driver being killed when somebody set fire to his truck while he was sleeping in it overnight. It was either a bin which was set on fire near his truck, (or so the arsonist claimed) or he did actually set the truck on fire, I can’t remember. It was a good 4 or 5 years ago at least. Nevertheless, quite scary.

Do these peolple who own lorry parks not use security to patroll such places.
Pilsworth ind est has cameras and patrolls. Never been on there but i live quite close and see this all the time. Surely if you`ve paid your money then you should at least have some peace of mind that someone is looking out for you. Or is that not the case?

mpj81:
Do these peolple who own lorry parks not use security to patroll such places.
Pilsworth ind est has cameras and patrolls. Never been on there but i live quite close and see this all the time. Surely if you`ve paid your money then you should at least have some peace of mind that someone is looking out for you. Or is that not the case?

It does seem that camera’s go up everywhere, except where they are needed! I just wonder what kind of society is being created in this country now? The filthy scrotes who set fire to lorries need to be hung and left swinging on a gibbet chain as an example.

ezydriver:
I remember a Homebase driver being killed when somebody set fire to his truck while he was sleeping in it overnight. It was either a bin which was set on fire near his truck, (or so the arsonist claimed) or he did actually set the truck on fire, I can’t remember. It was a good 4 or 5 years ago at least. Nevertheless, quite scary.

its wasn’t a homebase driver. was a driver for branham pottery from barnstaple. he was parked of the night at the rear of homebase and the local kids set fire to some pallets next to skip and the truck. it was a erf ec11 with a fiber glass cab so it didn’t take long to burn.
i know as i use to do a bit of relief driving for them and was called in to cover the poor guys work.

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

when will all these mindless acts of thuggery end.

IMHO i think they should bring back public whipping on a sunday morning in the town centre ( i say sunday because i usually work saturdays and want to join in) that will stop the little ■■■■■■■■ from doing it i think!

Giblsa:
BBC NEWS | UK | England | ■■■■■■■ | Stone breaks lorry's windscreen

when will all these mindless acts of thuggery end.

IMHO i think they should bring back public whipping on a sunday morning in the town centre ( i say sunday because i usually work saturdays and want to join in) that will stop the little [zb] from doing it i think!

Or maybe even just get the police and the courts to use the powers they already have.

These incidents aren’t really taken that serious it seems most of the time unless someone is seriously injured or killed. Even then the courts hand about lientent sentences.

Trouble is i think, that its always blame the parents, fair enough in somecases that is true. But by going down that road, it basically removes blame from the kids themselves where we now have a situation were kids commiting crimes is not taken seriously because they are the victims because its the parents fault.

At teenage years they need to take more responsability for their actions and face the consiquences. Even my mate who is a policeman agrees says its basically a waste of time them arresting anyone under the age of 16 for any offence because nothing much will happen and the kids know this an do as they please.

Kenny1975:
Trouble is i think, that its always blame the parents, fair enough in somecases that is true. But by going down that road, it basically removes blame from the kids themselves where we now have a situation were kids commiting crimes is not taken seriously because they are the victims because its the parents fault.

At teenage years they need to take more responsability for their actions and face the consiquences. Even my mate who is a policeman agrees says its basically a waste of time them arresting anyone under the age of 16 for any offence because nothing much will happen and the kids know this an do as they please.

i dont think we should blame the parents. if the kids are old enough to launch bricks off the motorway bridges or set fire to trucks they should be held responsible for tjhier own actions. whip them and see if they do it again! i bet not many would chance being caught once you have whipped a few of thier mates on a sunday and they se the blood and the scars it will leave.

lets get back to the old school of policing like the 17th -18th century and see how many of the little toe rags want to hang outside the co-ops terrorising the grannies going in for the milk. i used to get swore at and have things thrown at me when i went to the shops, because i am a bit of a fat bloke but one day my wife was with me and i got hold of one of the kids by the throat, funnily enough the police didnt get involved and as soon as i go to the shops now they clear off until i have gone home again!

I live in Harrogate as you can tell - that park is right next to the main ASDA and is well used by truckers - this is the 1st time there has been any problems that I know off.

The orange truck looks like one of Kidds removals from Bridlington the green one I cannot recognise.

I know we have had travellers camping in there from time to time but not seen them later - problabley some of our hooded friends having a laugh!!!

peteandbrenda:

ezydriver:

its wasn’t a homebase driver. was a driver for branham pottery from barnstaple. he was parked of the night at the rear of homebase and the local kids set fire to some pallets next to skip and the truck. it was a erf ec11 with a fiber glass cab so it didn’t take long to burn.
i know as i use to do a bit of relief driving for them and was called in to cover the poor guys work.

I was trying to recall a story, I think it must have been this one, Apparently because of the fibreglass cab the cab warped and jammed the doors so would be rescuers couldnt get in. What a nightmare :frowning:

One of our lorries was returning to base one morning, early, aout 5am. Somebody shot pellets at the windscreen from the wooded area and cracked it. The windscreen had to be replaced.