Oops

Would I get away with saying “I was looking for a safe place to park up” ■■

You will be shot at dawn, that is all.

I think 6 hours over is more than enough time to find safe parking :laughing:

You pulled the fuse and still managed to record 16h 20m. Did your magnet fall off? :stuck_out_tongue:

Done it in the 80s and worse (as did everybody else at that time) so I can’t say much, but why would anybody do it today :open_mouth: , ignorance, stupidity, arrogance or all three, is the job really worth doing time for, there’s pushing your luck,… then there’s taking the ■■■■ :confused:

bend over and assume the position !
you are about to get well and truely f@*$£d !

blown fuse and disconnected battery, blimey you weren’t taking any chances was you :laughing:

as it goes past your nose just remember to hold your breath, because with that report I would of said you were in it :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Pat Hasler:
I think 6 hours over is more than enough time to find safe parking :laughing:

Come on now Pat, we both know that along the US eastern seaboard if you dont park up by 8pm and arent familiar with where you are you can drive for hours and hours to find somewhere to park. I’ve been coming up the 81 from the Carolina’s before and tried parking at 10pm and still be driving at 3am. Its no coincedence that since the big uptake in e-logs by US trucks that every slip road down the 81 in Virginia and many of the ones on the 84 in Connecticut are crammed full of trucks parked on the hard shoulder with their side lights on while they try and sleep 10 inches from moving traffic because they have that lovely “Driver using electronic logs” sticker on the cab door! I’ve even done it once myself in PA and I’m still on paper logs ffs because I went for hour after hour with no luck and just got fed up and abandoned it with the rest of the new age truckers in the land of the free so that I could ■■■■ in a hedge and hope I didnt need a number two. Just like being back in England!

I started my shift at 19:30 and worked until 9:15 the next morning, but for some reason the Tacho started me at 14:30 until 4:15 :open_mouth: it’s being looked at to see how many other drivers are affected, but apparently the day drivers was out until 18:30 so either out charts will overlap or his will be out too :neutral_face:

Lesson learnt : When removing tacho chart don’t just fill it in without checking it :blush:

Darb:
I started my shift at 19:30 and worked until 9:15 the next morning, but for some reason the Tacho started me at 14:30 until 4:15 :open_mouth: it’s being looked at to see how many other drivers are affected, but apparently the day drivers was out until 18:30 so either out charts will overlap or his will be out too :neutral_face:

Lesson learnt : When removing tacho chart don’t just fill it in without checking it :blush:

Presumably the tachographs time was out because of the disconnected power supply, and the tachograph time was not corrected at A tachograph centre ?

Darb:

With all due respect you should be checking that the tacho is showing and recording the correct time, BEFORE you start driving not at the end of the shift.

Although I’ve made the same mistake myself, and I don’t know many who haven’t. As noted above, you just don’t get away with it so easily in this control-freaked age.

The time on the tacho head was correct as this is the clock I use throughout my shift :smiley:

Darb:
The time on the tacho head was correct as this is the clock I use throughout my shift :smiley:

Do you mean the display clock was correct, if so it doesn’t matter whether it’s correct or not, it’s the UTC time that matters on a digital tachograph.

Still as you say a lesson learned :wink:

It was an analogue unit :smiley: