Fuel theft.

Came across this on you tube, never seen this guys stuff before, it just randomly came up…I’m more of a trucker Jay guy…(JOKING btw. :laughing: )
Anyhoo just thought I put it up for any newbie trampers.

Just watched first relevant 10 minutes, (the rest is just crap) , but it highlights what we have to put up with as trampers,.and risk everytime we park up…

youtu.be/6-Xe7firy24

Just wondered how many more trucks were parked next to him if any,.and how well lit the area was, I try and minimise the risk by using these two aspects (and a few others) as a criteria.

The Police should have one of their famous ‘‘clampdowns’’ they love to tell us about, but I can’t see it happening anytime soon, it ain’t ‘■■■■’ enough for the public, and there is little money to be made out if it. :unamused: …nuff said.

If it was my lot the ■■■■■ would be attempting to get the driver to pay for the.damage AND the lost fuel. :imp: :unamused: ,.which is why I now park paid parking in truckstops these days when possible…thing is in the areas I work it ain’t often possible.

What did I see…

A situation that isn’t helped by the RDCs who could accommodate these vehicles but choose not to.

No facilities at all for the driver.

The firm he works for not giving a monkey’s about their drivers welfare.

A driver setting off and openly admitting he’s not slept at all.

No police involvement at all.

yourhavingalarf:
What did I see…

A situation that isn’t helped by the RDCs who could accommodate these vehicles but choose not to.

No facilities at all for the driver.

The firm he works for not giving a monkey’s about their drivers welfare.

A driver setting off and openly admitting he’s not slept at all.

No police involvement at all.

Yep,.and wasn’t all, (or most of) this stuff mentioned and discussed at the highest level during news interviews …even the PM,.when the Govt were going to give it their ‘fullest attention’ during the so called driver shortage, to make this job not more attractive, but just attractive.
So wtf happened exactly, is the job attractive?
About as attractive as Susan Boyle in skimpy lingerie. :open_mouth:

I have a bit of an outrageous idea. If you know you’re going to (have to) park in a dodgy spot/area why not wait until the morning to fill up? Park up with only 20-ish litres of diesel in the tank, maybe leave a note on the fuel cap or something…like those vans with signs ‘‘no cash or tools left in this vehicle overnight’’ then fill up in the morning about as much as you think you’re going to need for the day.

Btw is this the ‘‘new wave’’ of lorry drivers :question:

ETS:
I have a bit of an outrageous idea. If you know you’re going to (have to) park in a dodgy spot/area why not wait until the morning to fill up? Park up with only 20-ish litres of diesel in the tank, maybe leave a note on the fuel cap or something…like those vans with signs ‘‘no cash or tools left in this vehicle overnight’’ then fill up in the morning about as much as you think you’re going to need for the day.

Btw is this the ‘‘new wave’’ of lorry drivers :question:

The comments section…

Of the video has several suggestions of leaving the fuel cap unlocked. Then you just pay for the lost fuel instead of the damage caused. In the same way the doors are left open to show you’re empty (I know I know, they still ■■■■■ anyway), leave the key cover on the cap in the open position to indicate it’s unlocked.

Obviously, it would be preferable that the diesel fairies were too scared to come out in the first place but, we know that won’t ever happen.

As soon as a company says they don’t pay for parking it’s a deal breaker.

WheelsofCardiff:
As soon as a company says they don’t pay for parking it’s a deal breaker.

That particular policy would be pretty crap right enough, even my firm pays parking ffs.
However if that was the ONLY bad point at the interview, it would not be enough to prevent me from working there.
Only thing is I’d be making sure .that I’d be parking within half a mile of every ‘‘non members of the Caravan club’’ sites I could find.
Wtf could they say exactly?
And I bet they would sure as hell change their policy pretty soon.

I very rarely park at MSAs but in a moment of weakness (and busting for a ■■■■ and a shower) I parked at Ferrybridge last Thursday. I landed at 2100 so no spaces anywhere apart from in the car parking area so I slotted in behind a container ships lad pulling reefer box who looked settled in for the night and I was gambling on him being gone in the morning so I could get out - none of which helps get a good sleep…… anyway, I nodded off about midnight and woke up at 0100 to what sounded like an electric screwdriver noise……. thinking somebody was doing my fuel tank I checked both mirrors but saw nothing. I cracked my front curtains to see a hooded little ■■■■■■ with an electric grinder trying to do the reefer container bolt seal. Not being a hero particularly, I didn’t jump out in my pants and start milling, I just sat on the air horns for a good 10-15 seconds and the little ■■■■■■■ ran into the night. I probably woke a few people up unfortunately but at least he didn’t get in the container. I rang 101 and asked them to send a patrol…. Gave them the reg of the truck that had been had a go at……… never heard another thing. Didn’t see one police car all night and barely bloody slept. Last time I pay £30 to park at Ferrybridge

Mmm last Thursday night iirc I was at home sleeping in my bed, I didn’t even have to worry about the noises of other trucks, air horns blaring of stuff getting nicked. Though I didn’t get an extra £25 for the privilege of sleeping in my own bed.
I know it’s à difficult choice but I recon I can put up with the hardship :laughing:

ako444:
I very rarely park at MSAs but in a moment of weakness (and busting for a [zb] and a shower) I parked at Ferrybridge last Thursday. I landed at 2100 so no spaces anywhere apart from in the car parking area so I slotted in behind a container ships lad pulling reefer box who looked settled in for the night and I was gambling on him being gone in the morning so I could get out - none of which helps get a good sleep…… anyway, I nodded off about midnight and woke up at 0100 to what sounded like an electric screwdriver noise……. thinking somebody was doing my fuel tank I checked both mirrors but saw nothing. I cracked my front curtains to see a hooded little [zb] with an electric grinder trying to do the reefer container bolt seal. Not being a hero particularly, I didn’t jump out in my pants and start milling, I just sat on the air horns for a good 10-15 seconds and the little [zb] ran into the night. I probably woke a few people up unfortunately but at least he didn’t get in the container. I rang 101 and asked them to send a patrol…. Gave them the reg of the truck that had been had a go at……… never heard another thing. Didn’t see one police car all night and barely bloody slept. Last time I pay £30 to park at Ferrybridge

Ferry bridge :unamused:.
Years ago I parked on that ind est just behind it, all lit up like Blackpool, got a ticket…parking without lights. :unamused:
Next time,.same estate, parked on bit of waste ground just off the same road, woke up some ■■■■ had been in my trailer and ripped boxes open, stuff of no value, but the mess and the ■■■■ liberty kinda ■■■■■■ me off a bitI thought where was that ■■■■ copper who nicked me for parking the other week,.when he could be doing something useful.
Went over to Ferrybridge MSA for bog,.wash, and coffee to see 2 police cars on there checking tachos or whatever. :smiling_imp:
Had to have my say :unamused: ,.said where tf were you 2 earlier when my trailer got turned over, got a disinterested response asking if I wanted to report it…what would be the ■■■■ point? :unamused:

To redress the balance,…I parked another night just up the road on that ind est opp where the truckstop is,.beside the rail crossing pub, woke to find these ■■■■ scrotes all around my truck and in my trailer, no means of doing a quick runner as I had drove down the dead end rather than reverse.
Rang the Old Bill,.there was a patrol car there within 10 mins…so credit where it is due.

ako444:
I pay £30 to park at Ferrybridge

This is what

Grinds my gears. Payment for such a poor service.

MSAs profiteering as usual.

yourhavingalarf:

ako444:
I pay £30 to park at Ferrybridge

This is what

Grinds my gears. Payment for such a poor service.

MSAs profiteering as usual.

When I was in a routiers last night the Dutch guys I had beers with and a 3 course meal with a couple of bottles of red wine on the table (I was parked up till the following afternoon before anyone jumps on that) for 21euros including free parking obviously, they all said they hate UK work. They said £30 for the services and they all mentioned j26 on the M25 being £50 is a ■■■■ take so none of them pay. As j26 is still full it will probably have another increase soon enough.

My routiers tonight is free parking and showers and 14 euros for the 3 course, only one red bottle though.

Its not only trampers having fuel theft issues…

When I worked at Freightroute, some ■■■■ s came into the yard overnight and stole fuel from some of the trucks, one was mine, the ■■■■ s just broke the fuel cap!!! Luckily I hadn’t fuelled up that evening!!!

And XPO had the same issue not so long ago, I won’t say which depot, not the Depot I work from!!!

Now heavy plant has to run on white,thefts appear to have increased,had 300L taken out of one at landfill St Alban’s,then recently doing a river job,dumper n digger were,done, didn’t get much was fueling up in the morning due to rural site and no bowser on site,leave the machine fuel cap unlocked,it’s the sites diesel,saves cap getting busted or worse,near river tank being drilled

Going back to OP we ALL know Rob is really a big fan of Trucker Tim :wink:

Beau Nydel:
Going back to OP we ALL know Rob is really a big fan of Trucker Tim :wink:

Yep,.when I (eventually :smiley: ) grow up,.I wanna be like Trucker Tim. :sunglasses:
:laughing:

Out of curiosity I looked up this “Trucker Tim”
I have to ask myself, am I the only one who thinks that when he speaks his voice sounds like trying to talk while he’s on the vinegar stroke

peirre:
Out of curiosity I looked up this “Trucker Tim”
I have to ask myself, am I the only one who thinks that when he speaks his voice sounds like trying to talk while he’s on the vinegar stroke

It’s because he’s orgasmic about his Scania :unamused: …some people are like that bizarrely. :laughing:

the lad was parked in the industrial estate in goldthorpe, inbetween barnsley and doncaster, a well known fuel theft hot spot for years.
the police used to put signs up saying that but the thieves take them down so drivers not from the area dont know it is a hot spot.
nowhere is safe now but south yorkshire/north notts is a big hot spot for the fuel siphoners and has been for years but in the last 3-4 years it has really got bad.

scotstrucker:
the lad was parked in the industrial estate in goldthorpe, inbetween barnsley and doncaster, a well known fuel theft hot spot for years.
the police used to put signs up saying that but the thieves take them down so drivers not from the area dont know it is a hot spot.
nowhere is safe now but south yorkshire/north notts is a big hot spot for the fuel siphoners and has been for years but in the last 3-4 years it has really got bad.

So if it’s a well known crime ‘hot spot’ why tf is it not a regular and routine port of call for the Police■■?
Better things to do with their famous ‘‘limited resources’’ no doubt. : :unamused: