help please

Hello all!!

Not been on here for quite a while,after passing my class 2 about 17months ago i finally got a job in the industry,im not driving
a class 2 6 car transporter which is pretty ■■■■ crazy considering i’ve only had a matter of hours behind the wheel of a lorry. Started monday so my
first week is gone and im still there haha. It’ll take time but im enjoying it…so far anyway :wink:

Im gonna get a sat nav tomorrow to hopefully make my life abit easier so just after advice on whats the best TRUCK sat nav to get.i know there are alot
about so advice on best one to get would really be appreciated

cheers guys!
Al

I think the only truck related sat nav is the SNOOPER S7000 TRUCKMATE £380ish i think. Its got every type of restriction you could think of loaded into it and you get free traffic updates, with camera locations at a small subscription cost.

snooper.co.uk/snooper-s7000-truckmate.htm

I had a TomTom when I used to drive 7.5s and got into a few sticky situations with width restrictions and things :blush:

I hope this helps

Will

tattooedally:
Hello all!!

Not been on here for quite a while,after passing my class 2 about 17months ago i finally got a job in the industry,im not driving
a class 2 6 car transporter which is pretty ■■■■ crazy considering i’ve only had a matter of hours behind the wheel of a lorry.

I’m not driving a class 2 6 car transporter either … pretty ■■■■ crazy eh :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: :wink:

Don’t get too hung up over a Truck sat nav… I use a normal Tom Tom with a decent truck map, check the route your sat nav suggests against your map. You’ll be fine.

philmots:
Don’t get too hung up over a Truck sat nav… I use a normal Tom Tom with a decent truck map, check the route your sat nav suggests against your map. You’ll be fine.

Yep I use a Tom Tom too and its fine

Will_161:
I think the only truck related sat nav is the SNOOPER S7000 TRUCKMATE £380ish i think. Its got every type of restriction you could think of loaded into it and you get free traffic updates, with camera locations at a small subscription cost.

l

there’s also Tom Tom Truck, and I thought there was another one at Truckfest but can’t remember the name :blush:

Denis F:

Will_161:

l

there’s also Tom Tom Truck, and I thought there was another one at Truckfest but can’t remember the name :blush:

Ahh right, I’ve never heard of Tom Tom Truck, is that just map software that you can download onto your existing Tom Tom?

I’ll have to have a look at that.

Will_161:

Denis F:

Will_161:

Ahh right, I’ve never heard of Tom Tom Truck, is that just map software that you can download onto your existing Tom Tom?

I’ll have to have a look at that.

As far as I know Tomtom Truck is part of Tomtom Work Active, if you want just the Tomtom truck map you will need to know where to download it from if you see what I mean (doubt you’ll find the latest Tomtom truck map though) :wink:

Garmin also do a truck satnav called Garmin Nuvi 465T but I have no idea how good it is, though I believe I’ve seen people here post about it so a search may be worthwhile.

m4rky:

philmots:

Yep I use a Tom Tom too and its fine

Same here and never had a problem, you can become too reliant on a sat nav.

Nothing beats a good A to Z :slight_smile:

Although the ‘Little Red Book’ I think it is called, or something like that (little red map book of a chosen town center) are really good too.