Best kind of sat nav for lorries?

Ok, so I’m the kind of guy that likes to have a sat nav there, just in case I get lost. Despite sat navs trying to sometimes guide me into local canals and peoples living room windows, I do find them useful, so was wondering what is a good sat nav for lorries? One that takes size and weight dimensions of your truck, then knows which roads NOT to take?

My Snooper S7000 does a pretty good job of getting my all around Europe without to many problems.

I always find that some ppl like the tom-tom’s others the Garmins and the Snoopers, but I think its really down to personal choice… and how much you wanna part with and what deal you get… i.e. life time map updates or extra maps

satnavcompany.com/truck.html … P2EAtg&p=3

I have one of those cheap e bay ones.Use it in europe to with no problems so far.7 months old.Life time map updates to.Although the updates are hard to do unless your good with a computer.

Nozza:
I have one of those cheap e bay ones.Use it in europe to with no problems so far.7 months old.Life time map updates to.Although the updates are hard to do unless your good with a computer.

Nozza, buy cheap ebay one, do you mean the bloke that’s selling them for 85 quid? He’s got 773 feedback score?

lowbridges.com/bridgex.htm is a cheap alternative

Hi mate. I bought tomtom truck mate pro couple weeks go got use it on thursday and friday there. Brought me right to the doors. I bought it for diemensions and stuff as well but havent need use that yet i only used merc sprinter van and sprinter box van so didnt need it diemensions yet. Only started with agency so guess have work my way up. Bought it of amazon £280. Been spot on so for :smiley:

Ring Chris at HGV Trucktables,
Put your sizes in, destination anywhere in Europe and away you go,
£100 will buy you the nav delivered to your door, pay your 1st nights parking and a good few beers too to celebrate :wink:

Snooper S7000 or new one S8000.
Both have good Tv’s for night outs.Freeview channels.
Adr routing.
Bluetooth phone so you talk hands free in to the sat nav.
Multi drop planning up to 16 drops.
Live traffic and road closure updates.
Bridges and weight limits.
Why do truckers use car sat navs.
If the Police divert you,the car sat nav will not be any good.

ive owned a snooper, sent it back cos the software is sloppy compared to the tomtom, someone at work has a garmin truck and still compared to the tomtom its crap, I now own a tomtom pro truck 5150 and do not regret it in any way, the live traffic is a bit buggy where it works then it don’t but when it does work its great and has saved me sitting in many traffic jams and im sure I will pay to continue the service once its expired

ukweedkiller:
ive owned a snooper, sent it back cos the software is sloppy compared to the tomtom, someone at work has a garmin truck and still compared to the tomtom its crap, I now own a tomtom pro truck 5150 and do not regret it in any way, the live traffic is a bit buggy where it works then it don’t but when it does work its great and has saved me sitting in many traffic jams and im sure I will pay to continue the service once its expired

I’ve had a TomTom and now own a Garmin Dezl truck sat-nav. I previously used a Garmin car sat-nav but when I passed my class 2, I thought it was time I got a proper truck sat-nav since I’d been in a 7.5-tonner and had been directed along every back lane in Sussex on the way from Hastings to Wadhurst, rather than just up the A21 (which would have been quicker even in a car, I would have thought). I first got a TomTom because I’d heard that these were the name in sat-navs but found that the user interface was slow (i.e. it took seconds to even show a response when you pressed something on the screen), it would insist on multiple safety warnings (which took ages to get through because of the slow UI), the sign detail was inaccurate and the directions were often misleading. I sent it back and got a Garmin, because at least I was familiar with its oddities.

I’ve seen screenshots of Snooper sat-navs in the truck magazines, and they look awful compared to both Garmin and TomTom.

Endgame:

Nozza:

Nozza, buy cheap ebay one, do you mean the bloke that’s selling them for 85 quid? He’s got 773 feedback score?

Mine was only 50quid.I’ll have to have a look who I got it of.Was from Glasgow though.

If you prefer an ‘all in one’ approach and have an Android smartphone or tablet then there is Sygic Truck.

play.google.com/store/apps/deta … k&hl=en_GB

B1 GGK:
£100 will buy you the nav delivered to your door, pay your 1st nights parking and a good few beers too to celebrate :wink:

I got 1 of these from Chris & I must say it beats my previous tomtom as it is a truck version (see picture) & a bargain at £70 delivered…

truckertang:

B1 GGK:

I got 1 of these from Chris & I must say it beats my previous tomtom as it is a truck version (see picture) & a bargain at £70 delivered…0

Chris from Halifax? I went to his house and got one - nice bloke, my parents only live in Huddersfield, so whilst visiting them, I nipped round and bought one off of him. We’ll happy with it.

Dunno wether he’s from Halifax mate but he has got a northern accent so maybe :smiley:

Endgame:

truckertang:

B1 GGK:

I got 1 of these from Chris & I must say it beats my previous tomtom as it is a truck version (see picture) & a bargain at £70 delivered…0

Chris from Halifax? I went to his house and got one - nice bloke, my parents only live in Huddersfield, so whilst visiting them, I nipped round and bought one off of him. We’ll happy with it.

Is there a link where you can buy online.

Regards,
Jeff. :sunglasses:

I brought a snooper db8500 or something, haven’t the only prob I’ve had so far is it thinking there is a weight limit on a road when there wasn’t, emailed snooper and they changed in in their next map update

YorkshireJeff:

Endgame:

truckertang:

B1 GGK:

Is there a link where you can buy online.

Regards,
Jeff. :sunglasses:

Jeff, if you post the following number into eBay, it will take you to his listing and you can access his profile from there. I’ll post it underneath.

Thanks Endgame.