Best kind of sat nav for lorries?

Endgame:

YorkshireJeff:

Endgame:

truckertang:

B1 GGK:
Ring Chris at HGV Trucktables,
Put your sizes in, destination anywhere in Europe and away you go,
£100 will buy you the nav delivered to your door, pay your 1st nights parking and a good few beers too to celebrate :wink:

I got 1 of these from Chris & I must say it beats my previous tomtom as it is a truck version (see picture) & a bargain at £70 delivered…0

Chris from Halifax? I went to his house and got one - nice bloke, my parents only live in Huddersfield, so whilst visiting them, I nipped round and bought one off of him. We’ll happy with it.

Is there a link where you can buy online.

Regards,
Jeff. :sunglasses:

Jeff, if you post the following number into eBay, it will take you to his listing and you can access his profile from there. I’ll post it underneath.

Does anyone know of a youtube review of this as I’m curious about it in use and if it has traffic alerts etc??

Cheers,

MarkC

Why don’t you email Chris at HGV Trucktables and ask the question about traffic alerts or get him to do a demo

markc1290:

Endgame:

YorkshireJeff:

Endgame:

truckertang:

B1 GGK:
£100 will buy you the nav delivered to your door, pay your 1st nights parking and a good few beers too to celebrate :wink:

I got 1 of these from Chris & I must say it beats my previous tomtom as it is a truck version (see picture) & a bargain at £70 delivered…0

Chris from Halifax? I went to his house and got one - nice bloke, my parents only live in Huddersfield, so whilst visiting them, I nipped round and bought one off of him. We’ll happy with it.

Regards,

Jeff, if you post the following number into eBay, it will take you to his listing and you can access his profile from there. I’ll post it underneath.

Does anyone know of a youtube review of this as I’m curious about it in use and if it has traffic alerts etc??

Cheers,

Traffic alerts as in live updates?
I dont think it has, not noticed any with mine, its not sent me on a bum steer yet, some of the places we go too are abit shonky and it tells us were not supposed to be there (farms, flour mills etc).
Can see it being abit ■■■■ on the A75 as it tells you off if your speeding :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

truckertang:

B1 GGK:

Parked in a weight limit? Naughty :wink:

These sound alright, I think I’ll pick one up

I’m gonna get one too, to help me plan till I get into the swing of things, then just if I get stuck. I’m a ‘mappy’ but happy to use a decent sat nav if it’ll get me around without sending me into a river, cul de sac etc :wink:

If you speak to Chris, tell him Graham sent you over as he does ask where you heard of him due to having adverts all over the place, think he likes to know what adverts are working and which aint.

Ain’t this sod’s law - bought myself a nice Phillip’s map and ordered a sat nav off Chris in time for starting work, and the sat nav won’t work properly - bank hol means I’ll have to wait till Tues to ring him. Bah!! :frowning:

If have a look on sales section scanison is selling two of the sat navs that chris@ hgv trucktables sells.

B1 GGK:

I can’t for the life of me find where I put weights and dimensions into the truck table one anyone done it successfully?

Face:
Ain’t this sod’s law - bought myself a nice Phillip’s map and ordered a sat nav off Chris in time for starting work, and the sat nav won’t work properly - bank hol means I’ll have to wait till Tues to ring him. Bah!! :frowning:

Did you get it sorted ? i only ask because I’m thinking of getting one & would like to know about customer service.

Regards,

Endgame:

YorkshireJeff:

Endgame:

truckertang:

B1 GGK:

Regards,

That ebay number is for a leeandlucy, not Chris.
It is also £10 more.
For the 1 from Chris go to hgv-trucktables.co.uk or ebay number 251632794618, pay £10 more through ebay.

Eat My BB:

Endgame:

YorkshireJeff:

Endgame:

truckertang:

B1 GGK:

Is there a link where you can buy

Regards,

It is also £10 more.
For the 1 from Chris go to hgv-trucktables.co.uk or ebay number 251632794618, pay £10 more through ebay.

That ebay link for leeandlucy is, I think, chris’s business partner perhaps? The instructions that came with it had a helpline phone number for Chris at the bottom of it. I’m going to assume that it’s the same Chris. Also, the sat nav works fine! Even though I’ve only used it a brief period of time up to now, I’ve not found any issues with it.

Endgame:

Eat My BB:

Endgame:

YorkshireJeff:

Endgame:

truckertang:

B1 GGK:

Is there a link where you can buy

Regards,

It is also £10 more.

That ebay link for leeandlucy is, I think, chris’s business partner perhaps? The instructions that came with it had a helpline phone number for Chris at the bottom of it. I’m going to assume that it’s the same Chris. Also, the sat nav works fine! Even though I’ve only used it a brief period of time up to now, I’ve not found any issues with it.

I don’t think it is as you are only getting 1 car charger and there is no instructions with it, as with Chris you get 2 car chargers and the instructions with it.

There may have been something lost in confusion then here. This indeed does have 2 different charge leads with it. It also has some printed out instructions with it and at the bottom of the instructions, it has a mobile contact number and refers to the name “Chris” who you’re meant to call if you run into any kind of difficulties. Also, it has the windscreen sat nav holder.

I would post the number on the instructions, but, with it being what I assume is somebody’s private number on it, I’m not sure I should be doing that.

If you go to Chris’s web site or ebay listing, his mobile number is on them, just to check that it is the same person.

The number is for Chris, I have rung him a couple of times with queries during office hours and he’s more than happy to help.

I’ve just been on Chris’s website.

His satnavs look too good to be true at that price. They’re not Chinese made ones are they?

It is the same number. All I can think is, if the “Leeandlucy” eBay account isn’t him, it must be someone selling on his behalf, using more than just the 1 account to sell on?

The satnav’s are the real deal, I tested mine out this weekend before I start a new job on Monday and it works a treat. Basically what I think he’s done, is get a navigation unit, then put Google maps and TomTom on it, like some kind of customized sat nav. For the money, you really can’t go wrong. The ones costing in excess of £200 will have to do something really special for them to be worth buying, IMO.

ezydriver:
I’ve just been on Chris’s website.

His satnavs look too good to be true at that price. They’re not Chinese made ones are they?

They are Chinese. I bought one through his website on Friday afternoon, it arrived Saturday morning. I thought for the small amount of money compared to the Tom Toms etc it would be worth having a backup. I’ve been using a Tomtom truck nav for 5+ years. It took a bit of getting used to, I didn’t like it at first but now after a few days I like it. Chris does provide instructions with it, which I had to follow because at one point it froze but I gave it a second chance. It’ll keep it and ring Chris if I get any more probs though. I payed £68 +£3 p&p through trucktables.co.uk

Endgame:
It is the same number. All I can think is, if the “Leeandlucy” eBay account isn’t him, it must be someone selling on his behalf, using more than just the 1 account to sell on?

The satnav’s are the real deal, I tested mine out this weekend before I start a new job on Monday and it works a treat. Basically what I think he’s done, is get a navigation unit, then put Google maps and TomTom on it, like some kind of customized sat nav. For the money, you really can’t go wrong. The ones costing in excess of £200 will have to do something really special for them to be worth buying, IMO.

Hi Endgame hows the sat nav performing in your new job ?, i have orderd one today hopfully it should be here tomorrow & payed the same as Mike.