truck sat navs

Hi guys. Anybody know of any good truck sat navs. I here tomtoms are good. Somthing around the £200 mark. Would love snooper but havent that kind of money. Any help apprecated guys :smiley:

Hi guys. Anybody know of any good truck sat navs. I here tomtoms are good. Somthing around the £200 mark. Would love snooper but havent that kind of money. Any help apprecated guys :smiley:

buy a used snooper. you wont regret it, by far the best imho.

Thanks qwaker. Want a used snooper but stil pricey used. What one with weights diemions and stuff. What snooper have you? :smiley:

I bought a Sat nav that someone suggested in another thread and to be fair, I’ve not had any problems so far. Had to reset it once and every now and then, it tries to send me places it shouldn’t, but that’s what your brain and the maps are for! I’ll try find the link for you.

Edit

steveg1804:
brought one of chris about 1yrs ago had a small prob with it and he went out of his way to solve it, in fact he sent me a upgraded card with the 2012 maps on it and its never failed me yet its got height, weight, axles, artic ect.

ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-TRUCK-7-H … 3a7dba648a

steve

I have had a Snooper S7000 for years with no problems.
If you do nights out, the TV is very good.
All the freeview channels.It has Adr routing and live incidents and road closure updates.
Up to 16 multi drops to enter.
They sell Snoopers at most motorway shops called Phonebitz.Ask for a discount.The newer models are out now.
Mine has Bluetooth that pairs up a mobile so you speak hands free in to your satnav.
Why truck drivers use a car sat nav.?

Hi Davy

I bought a Snooper S6400 Truckmate about a year ago, Its brillliant, I run it alongside my old TomTom at first but soon realised it was a lot better and I donated the Tom Tom to the wife.
Set vehicle dimensions etc, only glitch I have found is the driving times are a bit generous,
Its also got car setting

Steve

If going to London before the time restrictions for trucks,it rejects the route.
Just turn it off.Turn on then enter car mode.Then enter truck mode when the timed restiction ends.
For low bridges, it does the business.
For weight limits,there is the option for delivery.
Or it will send you around the weight limit.
My Snooper is robust and strong.All the leads and wires are good quality.
The Tv aerial is magnetic based.
If parked in poor reception,the tv may not work.

davy1111:
Thanks qwaker. Want a used snooper but stil pricey used. What one with weights diemions and stuff. What snooper have you? :smiley:

ITS A S7000. its ace.

www.snooper.co.uk
Snooper s2500 £229.99 with free lifetime updates

Thanks guys for the feed back really apprecate it :wink:

Pietrucker,why reply to a double post when we are responding to the same thing on the other post about the same thing ?

toby1234abc:
Pietrucker,why reply to a double post when we are responding to the same thing on the other post about the same thing ?

It’s ok Toby, I’ve merged the two topics :wink:

Thanks.

Sorry guys for double post ive bein putting posts on via my mobile phone thats why double posts. I write one post and it post two :smiley:

Hi there I bought a Snooper 8500 last year from networx automotive they’ve changed their name to in~car.com but anyway you can spread the cost over 4 monthly payments pay deposit and they send it straight out to you excellent way to buy such a fab truck nav never let me down highly recommend both sat nav and place I bought it from

Thanks ed must check that out mate. Cheers mate :smiley:

I see these advertised in a lot of places I deliver to…

hgv-trucktables.co.uk/truck-sat-nav.php

Never seen one in the flesh so can’t comment on them but if nothing else the price looks good :sunglasses:

I’ve gone straight for the snooper db8500, it’s pricey but worth it I think. It’s a reasonable investment but then I already invested 4k in getting the licences so another 500 quid didn’t seem that much.