Decent truck sat nav?

Hi all, after passing my class 2 last month i have just started a job driving an 18 tonner for a removal company. I just wondered if anyone knows where i could get a half decent truck nav to help me out. Moneys tight at the moment after paying for my training so only looking to spend about £100 if possible, have seen some on ebay going for around that price and some cheaper, i’m a bit reluctant to get the cheapest one being just £55 but would £100 get me a decent one ? Any help would be appreciated, cheers !

I use this one and its great for the money, the seller is also a driver and from UK.

hgv-trucktables.co.uk/truck-sat-nav.php

Madguy :smiling_imp:

looks good, can you use a postcode on this as some you cant and have to enter the whole address

rusty919:
looks good, can you use a postcode on this as some you cant and have to enter the whole address

Yes, full 7 digit post cade search, address search, long and lat search, basically anything you want.

It will take dimensions of as many different truck sizes as you want and easily interchanged, map display is 3d so you can see if you have to go under a road etc.

I also have the snooper 7000 and IN MY OPINION it is better than the snooper.

Madguy :smiling_imp:

I have the tomtom truck 5150. Having tried garmin dezl, and the snooper I would recommend the tomtom.

^^^^ What he said. Tomtom traffic has saved me on numerous occasions already from sitting in miles of queuing traffic. And it’s free for the first year!!

Any Tom Tom with up to date truck maps…and also a truckers map book to go with it.

snooper s7000 best thing i ever bought
:smiley:

Pronav mate all the way. Mine has never let me down F*** TomTom and snoopy there not all that and over ££££££

Go to the Prnav website they got a deal on at the moment.

Pronav mate all the way. Mine has never let me down F*** TomTom and snoopy there not all that and over ££££££

Go to the Prnav website they got a deal on at the moment.

ended up buying a tomtom go 920 with truck maps for £125, so far so good :laughing:

I have an old 520 with the truck maps on SD card.

Need to update them but can’t find the site i used to use?

Also, are there any truck navigations apps on Android?

rusty919:
ended up buying a tomtom go 920 with truck maps for £125, so far so good :laughing:

where did you get it from

bought it off some fella on Gumtree

any update on how the new sat navs are coming along, any highly reccomended ?

I use a Tomtom 530 with truck maps, it works ok but avoids 7.5 tonne limits when you may need to deliver in the zone, also if you miss your turning it sometimes tells you to turn round in small roads ! … It’s certainly 100% better than the standard car tomtom as it avoids low bridges… But it’s not perfect… Remember YOU are suppose to be the professional driver :laughing:

I’ve got a P-navi, not the best known brand and I’ve not had it long but I’m impressed with it so far, £74 for Europe-wide truck mapping is a good price and it’s as quick and as accurate as the TomTom it replaced. It uses Windows software.

!(http://i.ebayimg.com/t/New-7-INCH-HD-Truck-Lorry-GPS-SAT-NAV-Navigation-Navigator-128M-POI-Speedcam-/00/s/NTAwWDUwMA==/$(KGrHqV,!pcE-v8GkcE,BP9Qn3eG-Q~~60_12.JPG)

Only real problem is that the instruction leaflet is written in Chinglish, but that gave me and the kids a laugh reading out sections of it in the car, “Make to the best connection for avoiding electrical collisions”, “your device bring you many happy hour of pleasant motoring and friendship” type of thing. :wink:

ebay.co.uk/itm/320907758426? … 1439.l2649

And congrats on the test pass. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

DonutUK:
I have an old 520 with the truck maps on SD card.

Need to update them but can’t find the site i used to use?

Also, are there any truck navigations apps on Android?

http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?1576-Latest-Europe-TRUCK-Map

Hi buys, I’m new on he and compare to most of you I drive only a van these days.
Did drive hgv but family and not interested in digi card controlling and sleeping along the road , needing 2 days for a trip to London etc stopped me from carrying on when the new laws came into it.
Now I drive a van so still able to do 70 and demo going home every day.
I use a I pad with window mount in tha van.
Planning to modify the holder so it will go above the radio system and not blocking too much of the windscreen.
I have 5 different sat nav maps on it and I must admit all of them actually good and usable for full Adress search, postcode search and if needed as mine got 3G I can use google for finding things like schools, councils or whatever direct.
Also.i can .listen to music, Internet radio, live traffic update is available, Internet access when wanted to everything incl films and tv.
Very handy.
I have a contract so it was next step from notebook to I pad, and I don’t regret doing it.
I also have a mount in my car for it and use it on every day base when going out.
Better then any sat nag I every used, and I used gaudiest a lot to find the best for me.
Usually I swept all 4 month, but since I have my ipad it’s all I need.

But for fully navigation it has to be wireless with a card, I don’t think without Internet it works so well.

May a solution to get one instead a 200 pound sat nav?

I have a Tom Tom 7150 pro expensive but it’s safe out