Hayton coulthard

Has anyone ever worked for hayton courtyard? Got a mate who’s applying to them and was asking me if I knew anyone who had worked for them to get an idea of shifts, hours, wages etc… He’s looking to go tramping,

Cheers in advance

Think it’s Gregory distribution now

One of the oldest and best Scottish hauliers…run good gear and pay anyone who subs to them on time…or they used to ! No idea on salary etc etc

And they have a rich ex F1 driver in the extended family .

3 wheeler:
…And they have a rich ex F1 driver in the extended family .

Hayton Senna?

Sorry 'bout that… :blush:

Foolish boy! Everyone knows it’s Lewis Coulthard.

sure there are a couple of thread on here saying its £8 an hour, edited as cant find the thread so removed.

lots of them on their sides on here mind!

the maoster:
Foolish boy! Everyone knows it’s Lewis Coulthard.

Sod the comment…what’s with the footnote “free the Dozy 1”.
Keep him locked up for our safety !

Showing my solidarity to a brother rubber mate!

the maoster:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha…“rubber” mate…I do not want to know !

the maoster:

What is that guys name, he ain’t no reverend :smiley:

Its well documented they had their licence curtailed for several years for, tachograph offended.

backload:
Its well documented they had their licence curtailed for several years for, tachograph offended.

Yup before Gregory though and all 100% squeaky clean now.

Think its £8 p/h then £10 p/h after 8 hours.

I believe some of them work 4 on 4 off, away for them 4 days.

Was told can basically tho max your hours out.

Kennys about right. 4 on 4 off, all week, days and nights. Running clean and it’s a 50/50 with Gregory. Licence was curtailed about 15 years ago, not really relevant now. Usually plenty hours too.

Kenny1975:

only time and a quarter for overtime :cry:
why would anyone WANT to max hours out :exclamation:

green456:

Kenny1975:

only time and a quarter for overtime :cry:
why would anyone WANT to max hours out :exclamation:

Looks like they tramp for those 4 days so maxing hours out is preferable to sitting around not getting paid.

But yeah, those pay rates are pish. No thanks :frowning:

Guess someone has to pay for those shiny new Volvos though :bulb:

backload:

i subbed for them for a while and got out just before they got reamed by the comissioners…typical haulage contractor with tartan growing out of their ears.they were so miserable that they only breathed in…90 days before payment,and nitpicked to the last penny.miserable choochter gits. no doubt working for them is a bed of roses nowadays though. :unamused:

dieseldog999:

backload:

i subbed for them for a while and got out just before they got reamed by the comissioners…typical haulage contractor with tartan growing out of their ears.they were so miserable that they only breathed in…90 days before payment,and nitpicked to the last penny.miserable choochter gits. no doubt working for them is a bed of roses nowadays though. :unamused:

Tacho offences were uncovered quite some time ago, the op is asking about now, not years gone by.

Also if you weren’t happy with 90 days payment why did you sub for them?

hello mr pedantic…merely making a comment about tartan haulage.no doubt there just merged as a faceless tosco h&s type beancounter company now and only connected by name.90 days is the norm with some companies,and at least they didnt go ■■■■ up to leave all the subbies hanging out to dry,but 90 days kicks the ■■■ out of it when your waiting on payment.work is work,and 90 days with a somewhat established company has its merits if you can afford to wait.they were still miserable nitpicking choochters though. :wink: