Hayton Coulthard Lesmahagow

Hi guys, in today’s paper (read at 2105 lol) and on the Hayton Coulthard website the advertising for drivers at a new site at Lesmahagow, Lanarkshire.

Does anyone know where it is and what they are running from it. Also the usual like pay and shifts. Do they start drivers without experience (9 years in bus and coach industry). Just want a wee heads up before I phone them tomorrow.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Rumour has it that it is for the b and m contract. Can’t tell you anymore than that

Cheers buddy, I had an inkling it could have been that

What B&M contract? Are they losing their trampers then?

ohhhhhhh this could be big news on the way once all the bullshitters add to this topic

happyhebridean436:
Hi guys, in today’s paper (read at 2105 lol) and on the Hayton Coulthard website the advertising for drivers at a new site at Lesmahagow, Lanarkshire.

Does anyone know where it is and what they are running from it. Also the usual like pay and shifts. Do they start drivers without experience (9 years in bus and coach industry). Just want a wee heads up before I phone them tomorrow.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

I would think they would give u a shot mate. Big outfit nowadays and standards may/may not have dropped

being a Coulthard subbie I can tell you this contract will start in a months time. It is a B&M contract and they are saying they need 50 drivers and 4 office staff.

Cheers weewulliewinkie, you don’t happen to know shift patterns and rates of pay by any chance?

B&M were looking for drivers based in Lanarkshire at the beginning of this year. I applied and never heard a thing back from them. This probably explains why. The money on offer was decent, but speaking to a mate that works with HC, I doubt what they will be offering will be anywhere near as good.

As long as I get on the hgv ladder and I’m not losing too much money compared to where I am now, that’s all that’s important to me

Heard a new HC motor / trailer got stuck badly on Sutton Bank today! To heavy to get up apparently. Rolled back into a ditch & Police closed road!

Where are they going to get 50 drivers from in lesmagaow/larkhall :confused:

I seen that ad too damoq even considered applying myself, they where looking for drivers, transport planners awe sorts sounded like a full depot setup, then it just faded away…somebody probably seen the costs and said hey why don’t we just get some diddy company to do it for buttons instead :confused:

My thoughts too. I can’t see many people want to commute to the gow every day for work. That’s trampers territory down that way, not your home every night kind of driver. I think they’ll struggle to get 5 drivers never mind 50, but I might be wrong. Different if they were going to be based in Bellshill or something.

happyhebridean436:
Do they start drivers without experience

Judging by the driver I seen yesterday in his shiny new volvo I think the answer to this question would be yes.
Nothing wrong with the guy’s driving but he looked about 10 years old :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

i worked for them as a subbie years ago,and they were the type of company that were so miserable that they only breathed in.tartan,heather,haggis,neeps and tatties growing out of their ears.i wouldn’t have imagined they would be any better payers now even for the experience of delivering to b.m shops in a double decker if that’s what it is.the b.m work over here is just total underpaid bottom of the barrel dung,and there always looking for victims. :frowning:

merc0447:

I seen that ad too damoq even considered applying myself, they where looking for drivers, transport planners awe sorts sounded like a full depot setup, then it just faded away…somebody probably seen the costs and said hey why don’t we just get some diddy company to do it for buttons instead :confused:

Where I work in Larkhall most of the drivers are local and a lot of them are looking for new jobs, and a few have applied for Coulthards… probably a few more but they aren’t admitting it

Sounds a bit like the set up at Pringles for the HomeBargains contract.

I asked a b and m driver in Stirling 1 night what was happening about them getting a depot up here because i also seen the advertised jobs. He said they mothballed it because it was too much Wonga and they knew they couldn’t get enough drivers. I kindly thanked him for this gossip and went on my way

youngpretender88:
I asked a b and m driver in Stirling 1 night what was happening about them getting a depot up here because i also seen the advertised jobs. He said they mothballed it because it was too much Wonga and they knew they couldn’t get enough drivers. I kindly thanked him for this gossip and went on my way

I remember a chat I had with a B&M driver, I was delivering to a home bargains store and their was 2 or 3 B&M motors nighting out in the service yard. I’m banging away doing the delivery at about 3am, tail lift “Beep Beep” all the way down and must have woke this guy up, he got out for a ■■■ and I asked him “Why do you guys sleep here knowing we will be in here through the night, every night?” he says “They won’t pay for parking at services!!!”

Might have changed now… Was he spending the night in Stirling?

merc0447:

Even more so when you consider they are allegedly moving into the old distribution centre in Glespin

happysack:

merc0447:

Even more so when you consider they are allegedly moving into the old distribution centre in Glespin

I heard its based in the truckstop. Just a satellite depot.