Hayton Coulthard

Can anyone tell me what type of work to expect when working for Hayton Coulthard out of Ecclefechan. I’ve had class1 for a year , not a lot of experience but would like to try 4on4off.

Lots and lots of Highland Spring mineral water.

You’ll be delivering winners.

Did not Gregory buy them a few years ago?

SWEDISH BLUE:

Yes Gregory’s own them now. Which was basically what saved them from being completely closed down after their “tea without biscuits” meeting with the TC. :wink:

The fechan jobs are for walking floor same as the jobs on offer at barrow on furness.

Harry Monk:
Lots and lots of Highland Spring mineral water.

Haven’t they lost that contract?

Anyway, there’ll be a lot less road transport needed when the new railway siding is completed.

Harry Monk:

SWEDISH BLUE:

Yes Gregory’s own them now. Which was basically what saved them from being completely closed down after their “tea without biscuits” meeting with the TC. :wink:

Aye Harry ,but a lot o wee companies and 0/0s that were “mentioned”were not so lucky and seemed at the time HC got off easy . Just my very local at time opinion

Hayton Coulthard is not a bad place to work, I have done subbie work for them now and again over some years and the work is a doddle. they work all sorts of shifts, day, tamping, night trunk/changeovers, 4 on 4 off, weekends. they run 100 % legal and have good tackle mainly volvo and scania, ideal job to get you some experience and they will keep you busy and I,m sure the wages are about average for the area, expect to do at least 4 nights out if you go tramping, hope this helps.

Thanks Willie

Do they not have a couple of trucks based at Auchinleck as well, or has that been scrubbed under Eggers weird new rules?