Have i been ripped off?

Hi folks i have a little bit of a dilema here, just wonder if anyone can help or advise??
Ok whats happened is that about 4 - 5 weeks ago i sent my cheque away for my lgv class c training ( to a reputable company i think) which was cashed in about 3 days.
I have been on the phone to them about 5 or 6 times in the last 2 weeks as i was supposed to be sent out some literature about my theory test, now they say that they have sent out 3… yes 3 information packs and the last one was recorded delivery. So they said that they would email me with the tracking number for this recorded item. No email!! So i tried to ring them twice today and left 2 messages on the anwser phone and no return call.
Just wondering is this normal not to recieve any sort of paper work after 4 - 5 weeks■■? not even a reciept of payment and a welcome onboard sort of thing?
Hope someone out there can help as i dont know what to do.

Keep up the good work as i am finding a lot of really usefull info from this forum, a really good read.
HELP!!! :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

do you know where they are based if so nip down and have a chat with them

or failing that nip down with a van full of mates and have a chat !!!

rich32:
Ok whats happened is that about 4 - 5 weeks ago i sent my cheque away for my lgv class c training ( to a reputable company i think) which was cashed in about 3 days.

if you can give us the name of the company then i expect a member of this site can give you first hand info on them

Sterling?
Qualitas?
or Clearstone?

Semtex:
Sterling?
Qualitas?
or Clearstone?

Thinking the same as you :open_mouth:

Thanks guys but no its not one of them because i read so much bad press about them i stayed well clear.
They are called Apex and the site is www.apexhgv.com.
If i did wrong by posting the website i can only apoligise in advance.
I booked with this company because i heard good about them, seems i may have been mistaken.
Does it sound a little fishy to you? :confused: :question:

rich32:
Thanks guys but no its not one of them because i read so much bad press about them i stayed well clear.
They are called Apex and the site is www.apexhgv.com.
If i did wrong by posting the website i can only apoligise in advance.
I booked with this company because i heard good about them, seems i may have been mistaken.
Does it sound a little fishy to you? :confused: :question:

This is on their site and I thought that 'i have seen this on TruckNet somewhere:-
TRAIN NOW PAY LATER
To protect your investment, we are able to offer a “pass protection” policy, which basically means if you did fail on your first attempt, the policy covered by ourselves would guarantee you extra training and two more attempts at passing your test.

yea but i must be getting the pay now train later package!! :cry:

apexhgv.com/

Thats the real url you put an extra . at the end.

TBH most of what they say is bull doodey.

First of thier “40 test centres” are govt owned. They are not owned by apex hgv.

200 vehicles? I’d place money on them farming out the work to other companies and taking a cut. For 200 vehicles they are supprisingly quiet.

ALso I’d phone trading standards. They are making blatently false claims on thier website.

Edit: Not only that. They are also in breach of the companies act 2007 by not displaying certain information on thier website.

ANyhoo here are some contact details:

Registrant:
Apex
145-157 St Johns Street
London, London EC1V 4PY
GB

Domain name: APEXHGV.COM

Administrative Contact:
Ahmed, Amir apexluton@aol.com
145-157 St Johns Street
London, London EC1V 4PY
GB
Technical Contact:
Ahmed, Amir
145-157 St Johns Street
London, London EC1V 4PY
GB

Registration Service Provider:
UK Reg, Whois Privacy and Spam Prevention by DomainTools.com
+44 1452 541252
+44 1452 538485 (fax)
ukreg.com/

Registrar of Record: TUCOWS, INC.
Record last updated on 19-May-2007.
Record expires on 09-May-2008.
Record created on 09-May-2007.

very interesting. Looks like im not going to get much satisfaction from this lot.
Not the best of news but will have to look into it.
By the way has anyone ever had dealings with them?

Sockpuppet:
200 vehicles? I’d place money on them farming out the work to other companies and taking a cut.

You would be right, go on to the sight and click T&C’s it is in pdf file so you will need an adobe reader.
It mentions on there about “training partners”

some very interesting reading in there if you want to trawl thru it. (I only scanned thru it myself)

I would go down to the office and demand either the paperwork or my money back - preferably the latter. I can believe one lot of paperwork going astray - the postal service being what it is - but not three.
And if anybody should be tracking a letter sent by recorded delivery then surely it is the responsibility of the sender to track it not the person to whom it was addressed. :confused:

What a load of #^.
get down their office and demand your money back, dont let them tread on you.

Semtex:
some very interesting reading in there if you want to trawl thru it. (I only scanned thru it myself)

how about

The Guaranteed Pass does not imply that the customer will pass, it means APEX Guarantee that in the event of the customer failing their first test we will provide extra tuition on the day of their retest and that will be the case for two retest attempts following their first test. Any retest training required after the third test will be charged at our normal current daily rate plus the DSA lest fee.

Ask for the tracking number so you can check it out on royal mail website.
You could also use this site

moneyclaim.gov.uk/csmco2/index.jsp

All the best

Thanks for all the info folks but i live in the north east and they are in london area (bit of a travel) but i will go for the claims as linked in the last post.
realley gutted about this but learn from this.
:open_mouth: :open_mouth:

i’d go and get my money back in person, find a company you pay in person close to you, you can’t trust them!