advice needed

hi people new to the forum also need advice . two weeks ago did my weeks training for my lgv 2 but failed the test so about 4 days later i went to book my retest
with them but owner of the school said they have stopped doing lgv training :imp: . so they sent me to another company but because its a diffrent wagon they want
me to do another 4 days training + test £750 which i cant afford really . do i have any rights against the old company feel like i have been ripped off
big time all i needed was a day training + test

Who did you do training with originally??

did my training with roberts of stockton

these??

yell.com/listings/DoFindList … V-Training

yeah there the ones

I’ll give them a call on monday saying i’m looking at class C training see what they say to me, regarding what some other company thinks you should book doesn’t mean you have to do that, book couple of days and test with someone if you feel confident enough to pass once ironing out what you failed on. Not sure if you have any come back on original company to be honest

cheers mate appreciate it . yeah will do on the training

You won’t have any rights against the old company unless you had any contract with them in case you didn’t pass.

You don’t have to go with the company they suggest. Try others in your area and see what they say.

Remember that you are the customer and you should get what you want, however I have to say that we are never too keen on someone just coming to us for a few hours and then a test. A day and a test seems a good idea, and maybe you could have an asessement first just to show thats all you need.

It might be worth finding a training school who have the same make/model of truck that you originally did your course in.

kinda knew i had no rights just very mad at the way it all happend just needed someone who knew about training to tell me

What truck did you train in?

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome james1984 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

All the LGV TRAINING TIPS, including the Recommended LGV training schools that have been recommended by members, can be accessed by clicking on the link in my signature :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

THE DRIVER SHORTAGE IS AN ADVERTISING MYTH - Generally more drivers than jobs in the UK
Newbies - Jobs, Agencies & EXPERIENCE & Is the UK short of drivers ? & Was it really worth it?

How to post Pics, avatars, using quotes, Driver CPC forum & Tacho & WTD regs forum

james1984:
two weeks ago did my weeks training for my lgv 2 but failed the test

What did you fail on and how many minors :question: - I’m trying to gauge what extra training you might need…

i trained in a renault premium

failed on making progress that was my serious on a 40 mph road there was road works with cones just on the inside of my lane so slowed down to 30mph just got a bit nervous. 3 miner undue hesitation and 2 miner on my mirriors

james1984:
failed on making progress that was my serious on a 40 mph road there was road works with cones just on the inside of my lane so slowed down to 30mph just got a bit nervous. 3 miner undue hesitation and 2 miner on my mirriors

Not a lot really :slight_smile: apart from the mirrors the rest seems to be on the same theme - lack of progress when safe to do so - just need to progress a bit when ok but do not go in the other direction and go like a looney :exclamation: