Do Your Research!

So I have been in touch with lots of training providers over the last week or so and to be honest I am 95% sure I will be booking my training with Peter Smythe, However i have been in touch with other companies to see how they measure up to my current preferred training provider.

One company today really shot for the stars and in my opinion landed at the bottom of the pacific ocean, I will not name said company but I will take you through the conversation and you can make your own mind up if they will be suitable to train with…

Q1, Could you confirm that the training is 1-2-1 please?

A, Yes all our training is 121 with our instructor

Q2, Could you tell me about your pass rate for class C training?

A, Our pass rate is very good, the instructor has been with us for years, so is a very competent instructor, with lots of knowledge. :unamused:

Q3, What vehicles do you use for the training and are they Manual or Automatic?

A, The vehicle is hired in but is an automatic and will be between 12t and 18t :confused:

Q4, What is the current availability for Class C and Mod 4 training if I was to book on completion of my theory? (I appreciate that this will always be changing but If I could get a idea of availability please)

A, If you were to pass your LGV, the next availability for the Mod 4 Training would be the 14th at the moment and the test the week commencing the 17th June :unamused:

At this point I thanked the company and made my excuses, The answer to Q3 and 4 threw me totally and Q2 was so vague.

So a question to the great and the good of Trucknet, would you consider this firm?? or do the same as me and run for the hills after Q4… :neutral_face:

Don’t see the problem?

Jimmy McNulty:
Don’t see the problem?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
+1
paranoia or what? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

What mod 4 training?
I just went in early on my 2nd day of my practical training and did the test. I answered 5 questions after reading all the possible questions the night before. It’s not even a full on test

OP, I don’t see a problem here, …do you?
What is it?