lgv1

hi im new to this site at the moment i have started my lgv 1 training i have my lgv2 and have had for ten years im looking any advice that any one could give me on lgv1 thanks :smiley: :question:

Hi and welcome to TruckNetUK.

The advice I would offer is take your time, take all that your instructor is passing on to you, try not to get frustrated if you don’t master a particular task immediately (reversing anyone??) but most of all relax and enjoy. :smiley:

If you have any questions just ask away. :wink:

Welocome to the No1 site.
Having several diffent classes on my licence, I have always viewed it as a chance to improve my driving as much as gain a new class. Pass which I hope you do, or fail, view it as alearning opertunity, work at it & you will always come out a winner.
As everyone will tell you listen to your instructor, relax, don’t let bad days get to you, as its just part of the learning & just try to enjoy it.
Oh yes & don’t take your jumper off whilst moving during a mock test, they concider it to be a fail.

Hi ntaylor1965…

Welcome to TrucknetUK mate…

Well is looks like you have plenty of experience in large goods vehicles, being a Cat C holder for ten years.
So you hopefully shouldnt have any probs in addapting to a ‘Bendy’ Cat C+E…

I am too, going through my training for Class1 at the moment, so looks like me and you are in the same boat…(or should that be truck… :laughing: :laughing: )

Tell us a bit more about your self mate, where your training, who your training with, etc…

And dont be afraid to ask any questions that you need to ask. This site is the No1 site for Drivers and Driving… and you wont find a more helpful bunch of Guys and Girls to help you…

Good Luck with your training mate, and keep us posted on your progress…

thanks for your helpfull comments most wellcome im nigel im doingmy driver training with acompany from cannock in west midlands i my self come from wolverhampton todays driver training was not at all good due to taking another driver for his test got to dsa centre for his test to be told his wasnt booked went back to training centre to be told to take him back to dsa centre and by the time he had finishedhis test i had lost two hours of mine so when i got home i made a complaint to the company they now agreed to give me two extra hours thursday and i have my test at 10-30 friday im worried that im not ready o well i can only do my best on the day thanks again for the helpfull comments i will let you know how i do :confused: :laughing:

Friday eh??.. well, that dont leave us much time… but let us know what you are having problems with, and we’ll see what we can do to advise you mate…

BUT, during my training, my main problem has been speed… Not speeding in limits but, going at thing WAYYYY to fast, and far to quickly.

Take everything very slowly… There is this thing that you have to ‘Make Progress!!’… and this is what I was concentrating on. Not holding up traffic, not sitting at junctions to long… etc etc… but I was told that Making progress can only me done in a straight line and in good conditons…
Bends, Junctions, roundabouts, traffic lights… none of these can be rushed. If you rush??, you mess it up, hit a kerb, hit a car, hit the wall… etc…

So take your time, think about what you have got to do as you approached the obsticle, what ever it may be, and assess the area. And all this is much easier to do when you are going slowly…

thanks andy for your help its islands that im haveing probs with not allowing enough room with the kerbs and the possitioning of the truck many thanks
:laughing: :wink:

I have a love affair with kerbs too…LOL :laughing: :laughing: , so your not alone there bud, and dont think we are the only ones either… :unamused:

Have a read of my class one training. I wrote a little diary of my training
My thread is HERE… And it has lots and lots of info and advice from experienced drivers when they were advising me. Its a long thread, but well worth reading…

I havn’t yet done my class 1, however it’s booked and getting very close.

Saying this though, I did have a ‘play’ at my last place of work with reversing and manouvering, and the comment I was told, is work out how much space you think you need, and take some more for safety.

The other comment was, most drivers think they own the road, truck drivers know they own the road. (Well, we do pay more in road tax, so it’s only fair we get our moneys worth)

All the best with the test.

hi to every one well tommorow is the day but today has been brill ithink i got it intructor say ive cracked it and should be able to do this so only time will tell i will let you know tomorrow all beingwell■■? :blush: :laughing:

GOOD LUCK FOR TOMORROW ntaylor1965

Wayne.

well sorry to say i failed due to clipping a curb will go for a retest asap :blush:

Keep at it
nerves are the worst bit and that doesnt get any easier!

most need 2 or 3 tests nowadays! :open_mouth:

Oh mate, I’m sorry to hear that you failed.

I failed my first test on Nerves… on the reversing… Something I had done sweet as a nut, all week during training…
Come the day of the test, the nerve went, a Brain block ensued and that was it, hit the B cone…

But good idea, book up ASAP and get back out there… You know what to expect now, so you wont have to worry about how your gonna feel, coz you now know the game plan…

Keep us posted mate…

hi every one got my retest book for the sixth hopefully this time alsogetting plenty of road expereancefrom the firm thats taking me on driving a tanker with a volvo FH12 unit havent hit the kerb once o well hope i getthat test next time■■? loli will let you know

hi mate, just read your thread sorry to hear you failed 1st time round.don’t worry about it.you know where you went wrong so next time you’ll do it.the only 2 bits of advise i can give you to remember is width and length.remember these 2 things and when you approach roundabouts and left turns you will know to give yourself a little extra room to prevent hitting either of them. good luck and keep us informed on your progress. :wink:

is your retest today then? if so- GOOD LUCK. :wink: