Anyone know This Company?

Hi Guys.

I have spoken to a LGV Training Company who i believe is a family owned company and not a broker, I am going to see them on tuesday and as far as I can tell from research they seem legitimate so just wanted to check on here before I hand over any money etc.

Like I said they seem legitimate and its probably me being over caucious but any info would be welcome.

lgvtrainers.co.uk/

The guy I spoke to was very helpfull and most importantly didnt start asking for money which always turns me off, on top of that I was offered a assesment drive without cost and he also gave me some good advice.

Like I said I’m sure they are Kosha I just wanted to check with you guys.

Thanks Madguy :imp:

Not sure if their trainers are dsa registered instructors or not, but they are a local company not family owned though as far as I am aware they have been going for some time, heard both good and bad, book an assessment drive and see how you get on, they are deff not brokers, The main thing is book an assessment to check you get on with them and there are no personality clashes. Good Luck. :smiley:

Why are you not doing class 1 with the company you used for class 2 ■■?

I really want to use the same company for the class one that i used for my class 2 Hughs Driver Training as they were fantastis, I had a guy called Mike who was absolutly fantastic and wouldnt hesitate to use them or reccomend them however as all good companies they are booked up for quite some time and i have a family friend who will give me artic work as soon as i pass my test, as im unemployed i reaaly want to get back into work a quickly as possible.

Madguy :imp:

But if they are booked up for a while then they must be good, where are you based ■■?

Im based in coventry but dont mind travelling.

Can highly recommend these, based in Mansfield , Nottingham, have own test centre, very modern vehicles, have a b+b nearby, only possible downside for some is they use wagon + drag, though you will get the same licence and its easier to pass, :smiley:

truckdrivertraining.co.uk/

madguy:

Powerdriver in Wellingborough got me through C+E first time and seem to care.

madguy:

Have a look at Data Academy Driver training in Leicester too. There is another one but I wouldn’t use it

Got my C with Coates and my CE with Peter Smythe up in Mansfield. Highly recommend both as they got me through with few minors. I’m in Cov too

Saratoga:
Got my C with Coates and my CE with Peter Smythe up in Mansfield. Highly recommend both as they got me through with few minors. I’m in Cov too

Congrats on getting CE. I must have missed the thread.

Dont want to derail thread. Just thought I’d get it in.

Not to worry Dar. Although getting familiarisation on a regular class 1 is seemingly harder than expected. I have taken a high resolution colour scan of my drivers licence document plus the 4 main cards front and rear into a PDF file (1mb each) and despite all the companies saying they need to see my licence won’t except that.

Surely most companies have the DVLA, the horses mouth, that they can ring up and offer the numbers from my licence to confirm I am telling the truth? Still, more delays.

One day, I’ll get there… But the wait from getting the licence back, to actually getting the lesson is 1-3 weeks…

Thread HiJack? I thought we all did that here by default anyway :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Saratoga:
One day, I’ll get there… But the wait from getting the licence back, to actually getting the lesson is 1-3 weeks…

See i dont understand this, when you apply for your provisional you mark C and C+E Provisional and it comes with it on, then you pass your class 2 and the test centre keep the licence to send it away and give you a pass certificate, but you still have to wait until your licence comes back before you can do your class 1 training, surely the pass cert should entitle you to train on C+E.

Would make sense to me

You don’t get CE provisional until DVLA add it to your license.

This is not done until they are in receipt of a pass notification of Cat C for you.

You cannot drive on the road in a CE vehicle until CE provisional has been added to your license.

Indeed, But I have my CE, and I have a scan of the licence but no company will still touch it or me. They claim they have to see it in person and on paper, which is understandable. But all the info is on that bit of paper because, tada, it is a scan of my licence!!!