CLEARSTONE AGAIN?????

:frowning: HI EVERYONE,following on from an earlier thread i have recently paid clearstone £1550 of hard earned cash to do my class 2 withthem.the price includes 5 days training,all books,pass protection and a two day fast track course.they seemed very proffesional and helpful and have assured me my training will be local,soon after passing the theory test and in modern boxed correct sixed vehicles.NOW after reading all pass bad press about them on here im beginning to wonder,my personal circumstances are such that i have not got time to be messed about by them with start dates,etc,etc.PLEASE everyone update me on them(i.e.has anyone trained with them on here recently).Thank You in advance for your suggestions as everyone knows its alot of money to find and im feeling let down before i even start. :frowning: :frowning:

Don’t get me started… :imp::angry::laughing:

:angry: :angry: :frowning: :frowning: OH DEAR,SORRY,I wonder if i can cancel and get my money back as i have not had theory test or any driving lessons yet.I have just received the latest theory book through the post from them.

Passed my theory, fastrack and practical driving - lets hope we don’t get mucked about

you done lgv driving at all before?

Kenny

:slight_smile: hi kenny c,with regards to lgv driving i have driven 7.5 tonne vehicles before,but still very nervous but confident.sadly i have not worked for the past eighteen months because my little girl has been ill,so im looking forward to getting behind the wheel again and hopefully in a new career when i pass.I have my theory test on the 22nd feb then im hoping to start practical lessons as soon as possible and get working.With regards to CLEARSTONE i too had already booked them before reading all the bad past posts on here,but so far they have been fine although i said to them i have not got time on my side financially to wait weeks and weeks to start driving lessons,BUT I WONT HOLD MY BREATHE.Did you say you have already passed with them and what was the fast track course like,any work yet?keep me informed kenny and i will do likewise. :question: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Hi Ruddio

Real sorry to hear about your daughter, hope she gets / keeps better.

I have passed my theory. I have the 2 day fastrack up here in Glasgow next week. 21 and 22 Feb, its in a hotel, with food provided. It will be interesting.

My practical training is 26/3/07 - 5 days. I have been in the life and Pensions industry for 28 years, need out. Because I am currently working I need to space my holidays therefore the big delay until my practical training.

I have managed to get an assessment run booked for a week on saturday with a different training to those whom I am doing my training with just to get me out on the road, get a feel for a 18 tonner.

Not many lgv training companies up in the Glasgow area.

So far no problems with clearstone, they are all very polite and proffessional on the phone, I guess the reality comes when (if) I pass my class 2 and then they help me get work. I have taken pass protection, 2 more goes at the test if needed.

Kenny

ruddio:
:slight_smile: hi kenny c,with regards to lgv driving i have driven 7.5 tonne vehicles before,but still very nervous but confident.sadly i have not worked for the past eighteen months because my little girl has been ill,so im looking forward to getting behind the wheel again and hopefully in a new career when i pass.I have my theory test on the 22nd feb then im hoping to start practical lessons as soon as possible and get working.With regards to CLEARSTONE i too had already booked them before reading all the bad past posts on here,but so far they have been fine although i said to them i have not got time on my side financially to wait weeks and weeks to start driving lessons,BUT I WONT HOLD MY BREATHE.Did you say you have already passed with them and what was the fast track course like,any work yet?keep me informed kenny and i will do likewise. :question: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

ruddio:
:frowning: HI EVERYONE,following on from an earlier thread i have recently paid clearstone £1550 of hard earned cash to do my class 2 withthem.the price includes 5 days training,all books,pass protection and a two day fast track course.they seemed very proffesional and helpful and have assured me my training will be local,soon after passing the theory test and in modern boxed correct sixed vehicles.NOW after reading all pass bad press about them on here im beginning to wonder,my personal circumstances are such that i have not got time to be messed about by them with start dates,etc,etc.PLEASE everyone update me on them(i.e.has anyone trained with them on here recently).Thank You in advance for your suggestions as everyone knows its alot of money to find and im feeling let down before i even start. :frowning: :frowning:

Hi, I very nearly had the same story to tell, luckily for me however I had only paid a deposit before stumbling across this site, I cut the deposit as a loss and went for a company that had a few recommendations on this site, Wallace in London, I’ve just started my training, very professional instructor I certainly feel I’m getting my moneys worth. I also read your thread regarding your theory test, have you managed to get another date for that? I understand that the test has been made harder as of today I believe (more questions)

i passed with clearstone over a year a go and never really had a problem with them. i lived in bedford and had a choice of peterborough or northampton to do courses at for class 1 and 2.
for the class one though it was a wag and drag that was used but managed to pass ok. big change from that to a first drive in a renault magnum!!!

£1,550 for one course of Class 2 is disgusting! But most of you know my opinion on driving schools that rip off their students.

Wallace in London, I’ve just started my training, very professional instructor

Good school with good intructors - have you got Terry or James by any chance??

Cornelius is my instructor, I’ve had day 3 today, I feel the training I’m getting is absolutely spot on, I know exactly where my problems are as they are pointed out to me in what I would is say a very professional method, and I find when I get home and rest I get a chance to get my head around it, the next day comes and I know exactly what I need to concentrate on.

Good to know that you are enjoying your training.
Of course you will make lots of mistakes on the course but that is thw whole reason for the course and the instructor pointing things out and making you understand is exactly what yoou have paid for.
I am sure thast you will be well prepared on your test day and hopefully will pass with flying colours. Good luck and keep us all informed.

Thank you for your words of encouragement, I’m feeling confident that I will be ready for my test, I’ve had day 5 today and I feel it went really good (you know your doing well when the instructor is sitting next to you and not saying anything) just made a few silly little mistakes, when I initially went for my assessment day, the instructor said that I could probably achieve the level required in 5 days but he recommended 7, I went with his recommendation so I still have 2 full days before my test on Thursday.

GOOD LUCK on your test thursday spinergy,let us know how you get on,with regards to theory test i passed it last thursday 2nd time i just held back alittle with the clicking.i start training next month local to where i live and so far i cant fault CLEARSTONE i have to say no probs.The school i will be using has modern correct size vehicles.Anyway good luck on your test and have a look at all the useful tips on here for test day… :bulb:

Thank you ruddio, I did read your thread “theory test 2” saw you had passed and also congratulated you on there. but congratulations again anyway, I’m glad that clearstone has been helpful to you and hopefully they will continue to do so throughout and also after your training i.e. a job, with regards to reading through this site for tips on the test your absolutely right, I’ve spent a good few hours now reading through posts, that’s how I chose wallace for my training and I’ve picked up many tips from other drivers, this site is invaluable to newbie drivers, and I’m sure it is to experienced ones too

Ruddio - have you done your fastrack course which clearstone organise, I did mine 2 weeks ago in a Glasgow hotel. Found it a lot of information to take in, but got a good feed at lunchtimes !!!

Will be interesting, or rather clearstone better not muck me around with the guarantee" of a job goes once I have hopefully eventually passed my class 2, there appear to be more jobs in England than Scotland.

Kenn

ruddio:
GOOD LUCK on your test thursday spinergy,let us know how you get on,with regards to theory test i passed it last thursday 2nd time i just held back alittle with the clicking.i start training next month local to where i live and so far i cant fault CLEARSTONE i have to say no probs.The school i will be using has modern correct size vehicles.Anyway good luck on your test and have a look at all the useful tips on here for test day… :bulb:

hi kenny
I passed my class c through clearstone in october last year and still havn’t had a job offer from them. Also reccomended a friend to them who has since passed his c+e, He’s had no offers either.I was lucky enough to walk straight into a job.Once clearstone get your money they go quiet.If I had gone direct to my training company i would of saved £1000 on the back to back course.
I’ve got my c+e test tommorow.
any way good luck with the training and job hunting
sean

If I had gone direct to my training company I would of saved £1000 on the back to back course.

I am glad you posted this.

I think it should be shouted from the rooftops that some ‘Schools’ are only agencies and take a big cut out of the fee before farming the pupil out to one of the driving schools on their books.

My advice to all prospective truckers is to shop around. Ask loads of questions and make sure you know what you will be paying per hour and what hours you will be getting.
Dont be put off with a load of waffle. It’s your hard earned money you are spending and you are entitled to know exactly what you are getting for it.

THESE may not be the cheapest, But they do look after you. And it`s owned and operated by Volvo Trucks Main dealers Also there are special deals for women and even Funded training for some people Sounds to good to be true Eh Have a look at there site find it by going to …thardie.co.uk or thdrivingacademy worth a look ? Nothing lost.

they are sharks & make money for doing nothing, They take your money & farm you out to a local training school which if you could have done yourself you would have saved around £1000.
Most training schools charge around £35 an hour for training, you usually need between 16 to 20 hours training…so work it out yourselfs.

Clearstone…what a rip-off…cost me around £700 to pass my class 2…& around the same for my class 1…Think clearstone sent trainees to the place I took my lessons at…what did they get that I did’nt get?? .Probably a load of glossy enticing brochures…oops…I got them too…just didn’t fall for it.

Oh yeah…I just signed up to an agency afterwards & have had work ever since…tho this probably depends on the agency & where U live…

As has already been stated…Clearstone simply farm you out to local instructors…instructors who would most definately be cheaper if you’d gone to them direct in the first place.