Clearstone again?

Clearway LGV have appeared from the ashes of Clearstone LGV.

My mate had a course and called the number…he did a search and found Clearway LGV (who just started to appear today). Think its the same company with a subtle name change. The old Cleartone site www.clearwaylgv.co.uk has sprung up in its place.
They maybe able to help drivers looking to recoup their training course cash…

tel: 0800 121 4947

Gotta love legal loop holes.

Company goes bust, sells asests to a new registered company for a £1 also pays staff redundancys out of whatever money they’ve got stashed from customers that have paid for services there now not going to get.

Directors/staff end up with a bit of wedge, new company gets trucks/equipment for a quid AND all the debt of the previous company is not transfered to the new one :wink:

It happens daily and is just a sign of the times :open_mouth:

They maybe able to help drivers looking to recoup their training course cash…

Whooooosh!!! There goes another flying pig!!

It amazes me how these people sleep ast night - but I reckon they do and very well too - with pillows stuffed with cash.

The only thing we can do is keep warning newbies to go direct to reputable schools and to shop around for prices. Nothing much else we can do.

have noticed another national training company that has big adverts and promises a lot smells of ex clearstone to me .if you are thinking about lgv training forget the adverts in the newspapers :wink:

scania245:
have noticed another national training company that has big adverts and promises a lot smells of ex clearstone to me .if you are thinking about lgv training forget the adverts in the newspapers :wink:

Good advice :slight_smile: - dig out the yellow pages and find a training company that has their own lorries and instructors or do an internet search and put in the area you wish to train in and look for the contact address of the company.

Mothertrucker:
The only thing we can do is keep warning newbies to go direct to reputable schools and to shop around for prices. Nothing much else we can do.

That’s a very fair point Mothertrucker, but a fair number will have already “Googled” for “LGV training” and been directed to these middlemen, because the middlemen can have their ads come out at/near the top of the search results list.

One of the features of this is that the person searching will probably act according to human nature and click something at the top of the list of returned sites. Unfortunately, it’s not about quality, reputation or price to the potential trainee, but instead it’s about firms knowing how to get their pitch to show very high up on the search engine’s list of returned sites.

One of the problems with any search engine is that there’s an inbuilt unfairness based on money and “clicks.” An internet person could probably explain this a bit better than I can… :blush:

This is all a bit baffling for us old 'uns. :frowning:

One of the problems with any search engine is that there’s an inbuilt unfairness based on money and “clicks.” An internet person could probably explain this a bit better than I can…

Entering the correct ‘KEY’ words in the hidden bit of your website helps a lot but nothing works better than the universal language of money!
Sponsored links asre those that have paid up front a large sum or ‘pay per click’ That is every time someone hits on your website it costs you a couple of pence. (What if you had a million clicks :open_mouth: )
But if you notice, the Clearstones of this world are always under’ Sponsored Links’

I ‘Googled’ LGV Training before Christmas and after reading Clearstones stuff rang them up. The bloke on the other end seemed OK but they never told me they were ‘middlemen’. They boasted about why they were number one on Google, quality blah, blah, blah. :exclamation: :unamused: :exclamation:

Anyway, I thought about it for a couple of months and rang them back a week or so before they went into administration. I spoke to the same bloke and he was very insistant on me sending him a big deposit ASAP, I chickened out and went somewhere else with my business.

A very lucky escape!!! :slight_smile:

That new site looks very similar to the Clearstone site, very similar layout, something needs to be done to stop folks getting ripped off.

clearway again one man band in his bedroom - go and visit their offices! ex employee of clearstone !

registered over a year ago accounts are late and overdue! wouldnt pay a penny don’t use these companies that farm out !

look at their credentials…

Mothertrucker:

One of the problems with any search engine is that there’s an inbuilt unfairness based on money and “clicks.” An internet person could probably explain this a bit better than I can…

Entering the correct ‘KEY’ words in the hidden bit of your website helps a lot but nothing works better than the universal language of money!
Sponsored links asre those that have paid up front a large sum or ‘pay per click’ That is every time someone hits on your website it costs you a couple of pence. (What if you had a million clicks :open_mouth: )
But if you notice, the Clearstones of this world are always under’ Sponsored Links’

probably something to do with the clearstones of the world being good salesmen while the good instructors with their own vehicles are good instructors but crap salesmen
:wink: :laughing: :laughing:

good instructors but crap salesmen

Would you like to buy… :question: :question:

ROG:
Would you like to buy… :question: :question:

Put me down for 5 and a half.

Cheers

NB