Clearstone...

Clearstone has been mentioned alot in previous posts, so thought i’d get all who have been stung to “vent” any anger on this post…

I got stung by them, but also found…

Poor customer service.

Lack of support once they had your money.

Didn’t even have me on records after i had paid.

Told i could train in Nottingham, but was sent to Leicester.

Told they would find work as soon as passing test.

Paid alot more than the average costs of lessons and test.

Thread made ‘Sticky’. K

Just remember that each individual is liable for their own comments. Criticisms based are on personal experience are nearly always valid. Generalisations based on ‘rumour’ need to be more guarded.

Ditto all above - I found myself driving over an hour each way to do my training, even though there are two or three local companies I could have gone to. I was lured by the promise of a job with one of the big nationals- Stobarts, Tesco etc - 6 weeks on from passing my class 1, and not a word - I did get a letter congratulating me though. I would advise anyone thinking of going with them to check the vacancies part of their web site.To top it all off the company I trained with had a large advert on the side of their wagons telling me I had overpaid by £400 per class.

Ditto here to everything

1. Was told i was gauranteed a job at the end of it

Well 6 months later i havent had one offer from them. I sent a letter of complaint just to be fobbed off with a letter back saying sorry havent got any work.

1. I was told training place would be local to home.

I live in Bournemouth and had to travel almost 50 miles each way to Fareham for 5 days. When theres a training school I found out 3 miles down the rd.

1. You are not told that before you sign up with them that all they do is palm you off to another training school who you could go to direct for quite a few hundred less.

So to be quite honest im totally ■■■■■■ off that I chose Clearstone. But you see there glossy adverts in the papers etc and all these promises etc.

I wonder if all of us got to together and filed a complaint to them and watchdog etc if something would happen. Cause I think there false advertising.

agree with everything you say
ive been ripped off as well :imp:
had to wait 3 months for a 2nd test :imp:
phoned them :imp: letters to them :exclamation: no reply
everytime u ring them,the contact you spoke to has left :exclamation:
passed my class c got a letter to say congratulations,someone will phone you with a job offer :exclamation:
load of crap :angry:
im still waiting :laughing:
they ignore your letters and phone calls

There you go!!! Every single person on my school coming through Clear Stone complains a lot. Since we get our licences they forget about us…actually, since we PAY they forget about us…Jobs…where are they? 80.000 vacancies in UK?! Where are they!? Agencies?! - have you got experience■■? Where’s my job? Where’s my 25000 I spent plus all that extra money going to the petro ( I was 50 miles away each way from my school ), the lunch, the extra lessons, extra exams, yada yada yada!!! Basically, if you shown any interest with Clear Stone they will promiss you the world, however since you have payed you become a ghost…you do not exist anymore! Promisses, promisses, lies, lies…! I will say “NO WAY” to everybody who is thinking to enrol with Clear Stone.
Best regards and the best of luck for everybody.

Danish:
There you go!!! Every single person on my school coming through Clear Stone complains a lot. Since we get our licences they forget about us…actually, since we PAY they forget about us…Jobs…where are they? 80.000 vacancies in UK?! Where are they!? Agencies?! - have you got experience■■? Where’s my job? Where’s my 2500 I spent plus all that extra money going to the petro ( I was 50 miles away each way from my school ), the lunch, the extra lessons, extra exams, yada yada yada!!! Basically, if you shown any interest with Clear Stone they will promiss you the world, however since you have payed you become a ghost…you do not exist anymore! Promisses, promisses, lies, lies…! I will say “NO WAY” to everybody who is thinking to enrol with Clear Stone.
Best regards and the best of luck for everybody.

I mean 2500 :smiling_imp:

Please note people that though I am not denying the value of this thread to new members please ensure that all posts reflect real factual events because you are responsible for the accuracy of your posts and any action from Clearstones regarding misinterpretation will be directed to the member concerned. :wink:

same here i passed with then in jan and am still waiting for the promised job
all i get when i phone them is i have been short listed for jobs but nothing more.

aa

Hi, i started this post for anyone who feels they have not been satisfied with Clearstone, myself included. The post was not to be negative, but to tell of how they have been treated through personal experience.
I am sure that another post could be started with good experiences that people have had with the company.
It was not started to warn people off the company, i was just interested to see if other people had the same feeling as me.

Robin Hood.

I wonder if LPR-1251, happens to work for Clearstone…

dennisw1:
I wonder if LPR-1251, happens to work for Clearstone…

My thoughts exactly :smiley:

just did a whois on the IP address he posted from :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

you’re right :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

the IP address is registered to Clearstone training and Recruiting Ltd

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

That says it all really doesnt it, they fact that they need to make such a post themselves. :laughing:

I mean if you’re going to do something that dumb, do it from your home PC for christ sake :laughing:

dennisw1:
That says it all really doesnt it, they fact that they need to make such a post themselves. :laughing:

I mean if you’re going to do something that dumb, do it from your home PC for christ sake :laughing:

I’m sure they’d get a better response if they had posted on here saying who they were and tried talking to the people who’d had a bad experience - maybe they could have sorted things out.

Do we have a shooting yourself in the foot icon? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Why not register as the company and address the complaints rather than make a post like that? Doesn’t make them look very honest in my opinion. :unamused: :unamused:

jf

Clearstone Ltd:
First - an apology for the ‘fake’ post that appeared yesterday. A junior employee made the mistake of trying to show the company in a good light - without really thinking of the repercussions!

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks for that. I had a bet with someone that once you had been sussed you would be on blaming a member of staff, and likely a junior one. They thought you wouldn’t be that obvious and now it has cost them. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Our prices include all VAT, DSA Test Fees (theory and practical), theory test books, videos & CD-ROMS etc. In a recent price survey our packages for 5 day HGV Class I & II courses came out pretty much spot on industry averages.

When I was looking at taking my “C” I contacted Clearstone and other training companies - £1200 at Clearstone vs £850 with who I ended up with (inc VAT, Medical & Theory)… £350 is a heck of a lot to pay for a couple of books and CD’s.

G

Firstly I would like to thank clearstone for having the courage to come on here and actually admitting that sometimes problems do exist and trying to resolve them. All credit to you for doing that.

When I was looking at doing my C and my C+E I looked at several schools including yourselves. Whilst I am prepared to accept that your “package” may offer more than the average, what it all boils down to at the end of the day is the cost. I was not going to benifit from your job scheme due to my geographic location. I was actually told that by your office, and moving was not an option for me!!!

The school I eventually chose was the only one of all the schools that I contacted that recognised the skills that I already had.

Let me clarify, prior to obtaining my C licence I already had a D(pcv) licence and about 6 years experience of both service work (local bus) and coaching. That meant I already had some experience of driving larger vehicles. (A coach is 40’ long and weighs about 12 tons) and also has air brakes similar to lgv’s

Recognising that fact, the school I went with was prepared to offer a significant discount based on that fact as I was not coming “straight from a car” (a similar discount was also offered to “experienced” 7.5t drivers)

As I said, the ultimate choice came down to money. If your company offered a similar scheme, you might well have got the business.

This is just a small piece of “constructive criticism” that might be worth looking into since you have lost at least 1 potential customer this way!!!

ps I now have both licences so it would be to late to win me back :smiley: :smiley: sorry