Clearstone...

Clearstone Ltd:
First - an apology for the ‘fake’ post that appeared yesterday.

Just as well because I have everything ‘captured’ to my hard drive and this evening a ‘package’ of evidence was going to be forwarded to Trading Standards in respect of ‘fraudulent testimonials’.

Clearstone have bought to my attention their unhappiness with some of the comments made in this thread and others. I am awaiting a list of comments they feel are defamantry or libelious which we will review.

We would like to remind all users that they are responsible for their posts and to be sure that any comments-or accusations can be justified with proof if needed.

One comment that has been made is that by making this subject a “sticky” we are perhaps highlighting the adverse comments and being unfair to Clearstone , on consideration i feel that the post should not be a “sticky”, if there is enough interest to keep it on the top of the list then fair enough but we should not artificially keep it there.

Clearstone have bought to my attention their unhappiness with some of the comments made in this thread and others.

If I had a company and none of my customers had a good word to say about me then I would probably be unhappy to, then again if they addressed the issues properly for the individuals concerned perhaps good things would be said about them. After all a LOT of companies get good reviews and recommended here, which does get them more business.

My only gripe with them was the extortionate quote that they gave me, and the length of time it took to get the salesman off the phone. Others appear to have much more serious problems, hopefully Clearstone will try and sort them out rather than just try prevent them airing their views/problems.

G

and the length of time it took to get the salesman off the phone.

Just put the receiver down and walk away. works for me :laughing:

Good point - although for some reason since working in customer services I seem to have a problem doing that !!

G

I can understand there concerns
I can understand there GROWTH problems
I can even understand there Success

But what I can’t UNDERSTAND is why - if they are as good as they reckon, that comments from Clearstones successfull & happy pupils have not balanced up the arguments :confused: which from there success, you’d expect at least a few!!

Bump…

Nobody likes Bullies - not even ones who wear sharp suits and work from offices in Central London…

:sunglasses: :smiling_imp:

Clearstone Ltd:

• Complaints - We are aware that some drivers have had less than positive experiences with Clearstone and we try and resolve all complaints quickly and fairly. If any TruckNet readers have an issue with Clearstone please write to David Borg, Customer Service Manager at the address below - quoting TruckNet. We will immediately look into your query and hopefully find a resolution.

Thank you for taking the time to read our reply - it is great to see that the world of the HGV driver is so alive and fiercely debated on TruckNet. Clearstone will check the site for updates and try and respond when necessary.

Kind regards,
Gary Benardout
Marketing Manager

For Customer Service enquiries please write to:

David Borg
Clearstone Ltd
4 Greenland Place
London
NW1 0AP

rikki-uk:
Clearstone have bought to my attention their unhappiness with some of the comments made in this thread and others. I am awaiting a list of comments they feel are defamantry or libelious which we will review

So they publically state that this debate is good, but then warn the site directors of court action. Seems like an upfront company to me :imp:

Perhaps if they can they will have all the negative comments removed leaving only the positive comments of their company which would leave the thread with, errr… counting now, only their post showing.

Perhaps they would like to post a reply to each of the negative comments made that they are unhappy with, giving their reasons why and what if any actions they are going to take to recompense the poster for their bad experiance :bulb:

The only reply from them so far reads like a publicity plug and not an apology, perhaps they could actually persuade some of their happy students to post their reasons on here why they feel they had good service from Clearstone, because from the hugh amount of posters trucknet has, this post has so far been viewed by over 900 people, not one has posted a positive comment for you. :exclamation:

awaiting your reply Clearstone, hopefully this one will be constructive and not an advert or a ‘political answer’ avoiding the questions and problems in a long winded reply :wink: :smiling_imp:

Hi everybody, I’m a newbie at all this and just started to look into doing my C class, as most of you on here are discussing clearstone i may aswell say “too good to be true”.

1 more thing how much should i be expecting to pay avrage for a course? not including the theory ect ect ect…

Cheers people and keep up the good work!

Craig (south wales)

Did mine last year, INCLUDING theory & medical I paid £850 so I guess you should be looking around £100 less (at least).

G

Mine was just over a grand for 4 days one to one training then the test on the 5th day. With a full 8 hours driving each day and a couple of hours on the test day.

Be careful of companies that charge a grand or so for a ‘shared vehicle’ as you get a lot less driving in. Especially companies beginning with C. :laughing:

The way I see it, Clearstone had no choice but to reply on Truknet uk.
This site is very often the first port of call for people thinking about becoming a truck driver & they had no choice but to try & reset the balance.
I myself also seen their newspaper adverts & considered using them but their hardsell approach & reluctance to tell me the price put me off.
The underhand way they posted on this site, pretending to be someone else & didn’t cover their tracks, should give people considering training with them an idea of the type of company they are.

craigwilliams:
Hi everybody, I’m a newbie at all this and just started to look into doing my C class, as most of you on here are discussing clearstone i may aswell say “too good to be true”.

1 more thing how much should i be expecting to pay avrage for a course? not including the theory ect ect ect…

Cheers people and keep up the good work!

Craig (south wales)

Welcome to Trucknet Craig please join in, the more the merrier. :wink: :sunglasses:

David5l:
The only reply from them so far reads like a publicity plug and not an apology, perhaps they could actually persuade some of their happy students to post their reasons on here why they feel they had good service from Clearstone, because from the hugh amount of posters trucknet has, this post has so far been viewed by over 900 people, not one has posted a positive comment for you. :exclamation:

awaiting your reply Clearstone, hopefully this one will be constructive and not an advert or a ‘political answer’ avoiding the questions and problems in a long winded reply :wink: :smiling_imp:

Still awaiting your reply Clearstone. Or are you hoping the subject will drop off the boards :bulb:

David5l:
Still awaiting your reply Clearstone. Or are you hoping the subject will drop off the boards :bulb:

Not likely!! :smiley:

I’m a new member looking to do my ‘C’, I was put off by their price and the fact that their sales team kept phoning me for about 1 month trying to get me to sign up with them.

I am glad I came across this post.

cant sleep :open_mouth: anyhows clearstone, eventually they do get the message & stop phoning you ( EVENTUALLY ) now I must have enquired for a brochure from them about 4 months ago - & they are still sending me [zb] TEXTS the latest was this morning " World Cup Special OFFER…claim £100 off Full HGV courses for the duration of the World Cup " oooooooooooohhhhh

There is no option to STOP these alerts - so Clearstone if your reading if someone wants to book a course with you they will and thats there choice - you dont need to hassle people who havent taken up your wonderfull Packages 4 months later - They’ve probably gone direct to 1 off the companies you’d probably send them too for Less money!!!

So Plese Stop Texting Us

hdfh

BUMP

swordtail:
Hi all new to the forum well have not visited for a while :blush: Anyways think I have just had a narrow escape from Clearstone (paid but have sent letter of cancellation under distance selling/cool off period) after reading your accounts on this site it put me right off them.I was under the impression they had there own facilities and not just farm you off to other training companies :imp: at a premium price.Can someone point me in the right direction?I have tried respond driver training but apparently there instructor is off for a operation :cry: would have thought they would have more than one and also ruled out Stirling nearly went for that so called “free class 1 training” until i found out I had 140 hours of CPC training :unamused:.So what would you recommend Oh yeah I would like back to back training if possible.

Bump for the benifit of this thread. trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=18964
:wink: