Happy stobart driver

Dropped my drawbar trailer today long lay by while I went off to tip the load on the front end came back to pick up trailer only to find stobart artic parked in front of my trailer,tapped on his door told him I needed to pick up trailer,he replie,s I,m on a break looks at his digi say,s you,re lucky I,ve had fifteen,I,m lucky for FFs sake,oh and he was a real miserable git with it as well,thank you mr.stobart,at least he moved that’s something I suppose,but I have only ever had that with cars before, most drivers can see what the score is and leave room to pick the trailer back up.

Maybe he’s ■■■■■■ off cos he’s losing his much beloved tramping job.

Should have parked in front of him and had YOUR 45.■■■■ him! :wink:

bigvern1:
Should have parked in front of him and had YOUR 45.[zb] him! :wink:

That is exactly what I would have done if I hadn,t been pushed for time,if it had been later in the day he would have been stuck there for hours the ■■■■■■!!

Probably the bloke who shouts a lot from the TV show, Big gun or Top Cat or something. He’s a Grade A Twit (other vowels such as ‘a’ are available)

had one today, scaffholding van says to driver “any chance you can move that”, he replies “and where im i meant to park it mate”, i says “anywhere thats not on the bloody weighbridge” he looks down, amazed at the weighbridge thats must have appeared after he got out…

If the stobby driver moved, would that be recorded on his digi card?, would that mean he could get in trouble?

if you want to be that pedantic could stick it on out of scope for the 10 seconds it’ll take to pull forward.

rambo19:
If the stobby driver moved, would that be recorded on his digi card?, would that mean he could get in trouble?

The point is why park in front of someone’s trailer which is obviously going to be picked up,plus his attitude,no need for it I wouldn’t,t do it would you??

rambo19:
If the stobby driver moved, would that be recorded on his digi card?

Yes.

rambo19:
would that mean he could get in trouble?

No, not going by what he is reported to have said. He’d had 15 minutes so he moved and then took the remaining 30.

Only slightly related,but. I do hooklift skips,you would not believe the amount of times i have had to ask other drivers if they could please move so i can get to my skip??this is especially pleasant at 0600 and somebody has overnighted right in frontof a skip you NEED to have in the landfill for 7.

That might of been Ady1 you met lol

bobbya:

rambo19:

The point is why park in front of someone’s trailer which is obviously going to be picked up,plus his attitude,no need for it I wouldn’t,t do it would you??

You’ve got a ‘point’ there,shame its only on your pencil!‘obviously going to be picked up’,so he’s supposed to know when your picking it up?trailer could’ve been there all day,or five mins hows he supposed to know,or not supposed to park in a layby where an unattended trailer is?The bloke moved so where’s your problem?

Sorry, but I would not have moved!!

Did you not at any time think that it was you who was the inconsiderate one by dropping the trailer there in the first place?

Why drop the trailer in a layby? Why not take it with you and drop it in the yard where you are delivering?

All you have done is inconvenience other drivers by taking up a parking space in a layby, and then got the arse about it when another driver parks legally in front of your trailer

shuttlespanker:

Did you not at any time think that it was you who was the inconsiderate one by dropping the trailer there in the first place?

Why drop the trailer in a layby? Why not take it with you and drop it in the yard where you are delivering?

All you have done is inconvenience other drivers by taking up a parking space in a layby, and then got the arse about it when another driver parks legally in front of your trailer

This^ +1 Laybys are for parking and Breaks!

The stobbies driver may have been tight for his break and had no choice but pull in there,sometimes you cant avoid it,i know its a pain for you but sometimes ■■■■ happens im afraid.

shuttlespanker:

+1 What he says :sunglasses:

To be fair, sometimes you see them drawbars lefts in layby’s all day as well.

shuttlespanker:

I was actually delivering to a private address in a very tight street,believe you me that trailer only comes off when it is absolutely necessary,to be going to a yard would have been a luxury,so no I do not believe I was being inconsiderate in fact I parked as tight to the end of the lay by as I could possibly get.thank you.

shuttlespanker:

Agreed +1

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk