Happy stobart driver

How does Mr Stobart or anyone else supposed to know that? As was said above! I’ve seen trailers dropped in the middle of short Laybys all day before now around London! Why not drop the trailer in a MSA? See them regular at South Mimms!!

bobbya:

shuttlespanker:
Sorry, but I would not have moved!!

Did you not at any time think that it was you who was the inconsiderate one by dropping the trailer there in the first place?

Why drop the trailer in a layby? Why not take it with you and drop it in the yard where you are delivering?

All you have done is inconvenience other drivers by taking up a parking space in a layby, and then got the arse about it when another driver parks legally in front of your trailer

I was actually delivering to a private address in a very tight street,believe you me that trailer only comes off when it is absolutely necessary,to be going to a yard would have been a luxury,so no I do not believe I was being inconsiderate in fact I parked as tight to the end of the lay by as I could possibly get.thank you.

Fair enough, tight delivery address meant you had to drop the trailer somewhere.
You had parked near enough to the end of the laybye as you could, which end?
If at beginning of laybye the other driver was well within his rights and as you say he moved so why the moaning?
But if you had parked at the exit end (as close as possible) how come there was room for an arctic and with room for him to move.
Down to you ole pal, end of.
My job is the only one thats important attitude :wink:

shuttlespanker:

Did you not at any time think that it was you who was the inconsiderate one by dropping the trailer there in the first place?

Why drop the trailer in a layby? Why not take it with you and drop it in the yard where you are delivering?

All you have done is inconvenience other drivers by taking up a parking space in a layby, and then got the arse about it when another driver parks legally in front of your trailer

+1, if your time is up, and you see a laybay with a space in it, then tough i’m stopping there!!

Stricko:

shuttlespanker:

Agreed +1

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

Agreed.

looks like i didn’t need my tin hat after all :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

shuttlespanker:

You obviously have no idea what the point of a wagon and drag is. They are used to take a 44 ton load from where your beloved artic has no chance of going.

I collect milk from multiple farms, and believe me I take my drag into every farm it will go into, it’s much less effort than dropping it and having to go back and get it. We have to get into places miles down single track roads with no room to turn the wag with the drag at the end.

In these cases we have to leave the drag somewhere, as a two and a half hour drive back to the base would be a bit much. So when we HAVE to leave the drag we will always leave it in the most considerate place we can, if possible at the front of the lay-by, but sometimes the lay-by has other vehicles in it when we drop the drag so we cant.

Imagine if you had a puncture on the lift axle of your unit so you drop the trailer in a lay-by while you go to get it fixed, when you get back some ■■■■■■■■ has parked in front of your trailer, how would you feel?

You’re absolutely right you do have the right to park in front of a drawbar trailer that has been left in a lay-by, same as I have the right to block you in if I want to.

The point is that we all have a job to do and we should all try and work together , the rest of the world is against us so why the hell do we fight with each other?

schrodingers cat:

shuttlespanker:

You obviously have no idea what the point of a wagon and drag is. They are used to take a 44 ton load from where your beloved artic has no chance of going.

I collect milk from multiple farms, and believe me I take my drag into every farm it will go into, it’s much less effort than dropping it and having to go back and get it. We have to get into places miles down single track roads with no room to turn the wag with the drag at the end.

In these cases we have to leave the drag somewhere, as a two and a half hour drive back to the base would be a bit much. So when we HAVE to leave the drag we will always leave it in the most considerate place we can, if possible at the front of the lay-by, but sometimes the lay-by has other vehicles in it when we drop the drag so we cant.

Imagine if you had a puncture on the lift axle of your unit so you drop the trailer in a lay-by while you go to get it fixed, when you get back some [zb] has parked in front of your trailer, how would you feel?

You’re absolutely right you do have the right to park in front of a drawbar trailer that has been left in a lay-by, same as I have the right to block you in if I want to.

The point is that we all have a job to do and we should all try and work together , the rest of the world is against us so why the hell do we fight with each other?

i was replying to the OP’s first statement

bobbya:
Dropped my drawbar trailer today long lay by while I went off to tip the load on the front end came back to pick up trailer only to find stobart artic parked in front of my trailer,tapped on his door told him I needed to pick up trailer,he replie,s I,m on a break looks at his digi say,s you,re lucky I,ve had fifteen,I,m lucky for FFs sake,oh and he was a real miserable git with it as well,thank you mr.stobart,at least he moved that’s something I suppose,but I have only ever had that with cars before, most drivers can see what the score is and leave room to pick the trailer back up.

after my reply, he came back with the following

bobbya:
in fact I parked as tight to the end of the lay by as I could possibly get.thank you.

surely, if the OP had done what he said in the second quote, the Stobart artic could not have parked infront of the trailer?

shuttlespanker:

schrodingers cat:

shuttlespanker:

Imagine if you had a puncture on the lift axle of your unit so you drop the trailer in a lay-by while you go to get it fixed, when you get back some [zb] has parked in front of your trailer, how would you feel?

bobbya:
Dropped my drawbar trailer today long lay by while I went off to tip the load on the front end came back to pick up trailer only to find stobart artic parked in front of my trailer,tapped on his door told him I needed to pick up trailer,he replie,s I,m on a break looks at his digi say,s you,re lucky I,ve had fifteen,I,m lucky for FFs sake,oh and he was a real miserable git with it as well,thank you mr.stobart,at least he moved that’s something I suppose,but I have only ever had that with cars before, most drivers can see what the score is and leave room to pick the trailer back up.

bobbya:
in fact I parked as tight to the end of the lay by as I could possibly get.thank you.

surely, if the OP had done what he said in the second quote, the Stobart artic could not have parked infront of the trailer?

Which end?

You know that it is possible that the front end of the lay-by was being used when he left the drag, so he stuck the drag as far back as he could to give room for artics to get in, Mr Stobart driver may have then backed up to his trailer, at least he had the decency to move when he could.

I don’t know the situation, same as you, so we’ll have to wait for a reply from the OP.

But from some of the replies here, there are some wagon drivers who don’t give a ■■■■ about blocking drags in, thats my point.

I never said I would block a drag in! But if your not under it and i need to take a break!! Then what do you want me to do? Break the Law! Sorry not me! I don’t get paid enough to pay fines for going over hours!! :unamused:

shuttlespanker:
looks like i didn’t need my tin hat after all :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I thought it would have been obvious which end of the lay by I,d parked in if there was room for an arctic to get in front of me,not even stobart drivers are that good mister spanker!,

schrodingers cat:

shuttlespanker:

schrodingers cat:

shuttlespanker:

You obviously have no idea what the point of a wagon and drag is. They are used to take a 44 ton load from where your beloved artic has no chance of going.At last the voice of someone who knows what I,m talking about I think everyone should have a go on drawbars just to get a better understanding of what it entails,get myself ready for a bit more stick now I suppose!

bobbya:

bobbya:

Which end?

You know that it is possible that the front end of the lay-by was being used when he left the drag, so he stuck the drag as far back as he could to give room for artics to get in, Mr Stobart driver may have then backed up to his trailer, at least he had the decency to move when he could.

I don’t know the situation, same as you, so we’ll have to wait for a reply from the OP.

But from some of the replies here, there are some wagon drivers who don’t give a [zb] about blocking drags in, thats my point.

if i was the mr stobart in question, and the only space at the time of parking was in front of your drag, then that’s where i would park. if after 15 mins of a 45 i could pull forward i would. if there was no space and you needed in, it would be tough ■■■■■■■ for you. yes we all have jobs to do but i wouldn’t be getting an infringement for another driver.

bobbya:

schrodingers cat:

shuttlespanker:

schrodingers cat:

shuttlespanker:

bobbya:

bobbya:

Which end?

But from some of the replies here, there are some wagon drivers who don’t give a [zb] about blocking drags in, thats my point.

At last the voice of someone who knows what I,m talking about I think everyone should have a go on drawbars just to get a better understanding of what it entails,get myself ready for a bit more stick now I suppose!

FFS!!! abandons his drag in a layby, gets the hump with another driver for parking legally, then i have to fix his quotes for him too :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

oh look, i even put pretty colours in it for you so that others will know what part of the original quote that you were referring to :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

bobbya:

I’ve put the bit I think you’ve misread into a pretty colour for you Shuttlespanker, the front end bobbya was talking about was the wagon, not the lay-by.

I know as a drawbar driver if you have to drop the trailer in the middle of a layby you gotta expect someone to park in front of it wether or not they did it intentionally.

Best you can do is try and leave it at a slight angle so you can get on it. Thanks to google maps I can normally find a suitable spot near to the site I’m tipping at, if it’s in a layby I try to park right at the end as possible.

Doesn’t stop everyone though, I once left my trailer at leatherhead and came back to find a car transporter parked in front. Now the only way he could have parked there wouldve meant he stopped on the live carriage way and then backed up to my trailer. Unfortunately the driver wasn’t anywhere to be seen so I had to hook it round with the hiab while blocking the inside lane :confused:

*edited to add there was plenty of space behind in the layby so why the transporter had to park in front is beyond me :neutral_face:

schrodingers cat:

bobbya:

I’ve put the bit I think you’ve misread into a pretty colour for you Shuttlespanker, the front end bobbya was talking about was the wagon, not the lay-by.

well, bugger me backwards with a rag mans bugle, so, that’s how wagon & drags work then, i would never have guessed if you hadn’t explained it :unamused:

oh, and for your info SC, i did not mis-read it, my original post on this thread was as to why the OP decided to drop the drag in a layby and not take it with him

is it my fault if he can’t be bothered to fill us with ALL the facts instead of the NOTW/Sun sesationalist headlines :unamused:

and another thing SC, the comment about quote fixing was not aimed at you, it was aimed at bobbya who posted his comment in the middle of one of yours :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Surely the point is that we’ve all got a job to do, and blocking each other is wrong, whether we’re attached to our trailers or not.
Hell this jobs tough enough without in-fighting.

shuttlespanker:

YEP PLUS 1 :angry: LAYBYS ARE FOR RESTING NOT YOUR TRAILER SORRY

schrodingers cat:
Surely the point is that we’ve all got a job to do, and blocking each other is wrong, whether we’re attached to our trailers or not.

exactly, the argument was made earlier that the OP may not have been able to park the drag at the front end of the layby due to other vehicles there, what if the stobart driver could not park anywhere else in the layby for the same reason?

but, as per usual, everyone likes to bash stobarts and their drivers

did you see the other thread titled “Another Happy Stobart Driver”

it contained a video that has been posted on here too many times to care to rememeber of the ■■■■■■■■ that was dancing around his cab whilst he was driving

as i asked in the first reply, WTF has that got to do with Stobarts?

oh, the title has now been changed to “another happy owner driver” :unamused:

don’t get me wrong, i am not sticking up for Stobarts or their drivers, i am just trying to point out reasons for their actions

shuttlespanker:

schrodingers cat:

exactly, the argument was made earlier that the OP may not have been able to park the drag at the front end of the layby due to other vehicles there, what if the stobart driver could not park anywhere else in the layby for the same reason?

but, as per usual, everyone likes to bash stobarts and their drivers

did you see the other thread titled “Another Happy Stobart Driver”

it contained a video that has been posted on here too many times to care to rememeber of the ■■■■■■■■ that was dancing around his cab whilst he was driving

as i asked in the first reply, WTF has that got to do with Stobarts?

oh, the title has now been changed to “another happy owner driver” :unamused:

don’t get me wrong, i am not sticking up for Stobarts or their drivers, i am just trying to point out reasons for their actions

I hadn’t even picked up on the Stobart part of it, I was just defending wag’n’drag drivers having to leave trailers even though they would prefer not to.

Just so you know, I do one of my routes with a rear steer mini-artic in the summer when the milk is down and it takes around 2 hours less, this is purely down to not having to ■■■■ around with a drag. Trust me the people who drive wagons and drag hate them more than you do.