Government warning

The government has advised that due to the extreme weather conditions you should carry a shovel, torch, hazard warning light, food water, and a blanket, I looked a right ■■■■ on the bus this morning,

Sapper

:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

on a serious note. its bad when the government feel the need to issue a warning telling people what to carry because they dont automatically carry necessary items in their cars in this weather :unamused:

scanny77:
on a serious note. its bad when the government feel the need to issue a warning telling people what to carry because they dont automatically carry necessary items in their cars in this weather :unamused:

Whoosh :wink:

Wheel Nut:

scanny77:
on a serious note

Whoosh :wink:

nope. just making a serious comment on the topic. they say the same thing every year. who isnt getting the message yet? :laughing:

I sent an email to BBC and ITV to complain about TV weather presenters advising the nation what to wear in cold and summer temperatures,they say we need to wear a hat or a scarf,take an umbrella,and so on,sun tan lotion in the summer,you know the craic,drives me mad,i just look out the window,for my weather report.
And why do all TV presenters have to wave their arms and hands around like a windmill to gesticulate their point to camera. :imp:

I don’t think this is anything new at all. I love watching the old wartime information films and Pathe News.

I found one here.

youtube.com/watch?v=vfu0aV1dkHw

toby1234abc:
I sent an email to BBC and ITV to complain about TV weather presenters advising the nation what to wear in cold and summer temperatures,they say we need to wear a hat or a scarf,take an umbrella,and so on,sun tan lotion in the summer,you know the craic

What pees me off at this time of year is that on the weather forecast they keep on telling you you should put an extra blanket on the bed, but they never tell you to take one off, I’ve got over 500 blankets on my bed now. :wink:

Harry Monk:

toby1234abc:
I sent an email to BBC and ITV to complain about TV weather presenters advising the nation what to wear in cold and summer temperatures,they say we need to wear a hat or a scarf,take an umbrella,and so on,sun tan lotion in the summer,you know the craic

What pees me off at this time of year is that on the weather forecast they keep on telling you you should put an extra blanket on the bed, but they never tell you to take one off, I’ve got over 500 blankets on my bed now. :wink:

Times or News of the world ? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Its the bread and milk brigade that get me…I prefer to stock up on bottles of magners and large pouches of golden virginia myself but each to their own eh ■■ :laughing:

plant fitter:
Its the bread and milk brigade that get me…I prefer to stock up on bottles of magners and large pouches of golden virginia myself but each to their own eh ■■ :laughing:

Yep, so long as you can have a smoke and a drink you can endure any hardship :smiley:

Couple of cases of strongbow would see me alright stick yer bread and milk up your arris. :laughing:

sapper:
The government has advised that due to the extreme weather conditions you should carry a shovel, torch, hazard warning light, food water, and a blanket, I looked a right [zb] on the bus this morning,

Sapper

Lucky you! You had some buses in your area?

My gf (now ex, but I still moved out yet) called me today asking if I can give her lift to work. She’s been waiting for 40 minutes and no single bus came (two lines, every 10 mins of better!)

I drove her up to the town and back. Roads were empty, so despite that it takes usually about 40 minutes, if not better, to get to the town in rush hours, I was back home in 45 minutes. Haven’t seen a single bus in the town (nor the snowplough, by the way).

But the most funny situation I had yesterday. There is a hill near my place, and I drove up it on the snow, only had to swerve to evade sledge riders going from the top, who were shouting something to me.

At the top of the hill there were two traffic cones and a police car, I think it was a conicindence that they were there. But they stopped me and asked why I use road wich is closed for traffic.

• It’s no sign that it’s closed at the bottom, sir - I replied
  • That’s because everyone can see that it’s impossible to drive up that hill in this conditions - said he. Then he paused and started to think. His face was just brilliant to watch. Finally he decided that he just have to get rid of that confusion and told me “Ok, just go away, sir”

:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Harry Monk:

toby1234abc:

Do you still feel that pea which is at the bottom? :slight_smile: