With winter approaching

and the chance of winter weather,sorry its called adverse weather now :unamused:
I was wondering if any of the day drivers/night trunkers that presume that they will be home after each shift are taking precautions?
Putting a sleeping bag,camping stove, water,kettle.pot noodles, wet wipes in the cab could be a lifesaver . . . be prepared!! :laughing:

Not just the weather this should be done all year round!
Was stuck on m6 for 8 hours yesterday had plenty if provisions to
Keep me going.

A good torch,bar of chocolate,a shovel, a hat and a good warm Hi Viz coat.

Spare pack of â– â– â– â–  :grimacing:

billybigrig:

Thats the most important thing of all in my book as well. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Essentials I take are laptop/inverter, plenty of baccy, and a good wide neck â– â– â– â–  bottle.

A pen to write on the back of my tacho print out!

billybigrig:

+1

As an aside, volvic have gone small bore like evian on the water bottles now which can be entertaining to say the least.

Don’t tell them your name Pike!

And do not travel in Ambulances

yorkpress.co.uk/news/1010047 … 4/?ref=rss

Hi all.I’m merely curious but i wonder if the emergency services vehicles in the UK are fitted with winter tyres to aid their driving to emergencies,ambulance\police\fire,etc.
Up here ALL emergency services are fitted with studded tyres for speeds up to 180kph.[i know thats not poss in the UK].But are they equipped for winters :question: Mike

Just put a spare thick blanket in the truck in case my night heater breaks down.
Plenty of tinned food, drinks, big roll,
I night out anyway so I’m pretty prepared.
Haven’t got a shovel though…

coreysboys:
Essentials I take are laptop/inverter, plenty of baccy, and a test tube for a â– â– â– â–  bottle.

FTFY>

After reading the driving on ice thread I strongly advise most of you make preparations. :unamused: :wink:

Wheel Nut:
Don’t tell them your name Pike!

And do not travel in Ambulances

yorkpress.co.uk/news/1010047 … 4/?ref=rss

Is that hot looking paramedic having her photo taken by that copper in the first pic? Certainly looks like she is posing to me.

hutpik:
Hi all.I’m merely curious but i wonder if the emergency services vehicles in the UK are fitted with winter tyres to aid their driving to emergencies,ambulance\police\fire,etc.
Up here ALL emergency services are fitted with studded tyres for speeds up to 180kph.[i know thats not poss in the UK].But are they equipped for winters :question: Mike

First time i ever got a taxi in Tromso…in winter was an experience…bloody hell ! i said to the driver are you late for your next pick up ? he was touching 60 + mph on thick compacted snow and at minus ■■?..bloody cold, he just smiled. :laughing:

Been told the same at ours, carry this - that - the other! Because we had a truck roll over in Scotland week before last (I think it was…), and he had to wait ages for rescue - yeah right, bosses panic and exaggerate the story. :unamused:

How do we carry all that extra guff?

We’re in already stuffed day cabs!! :imp:

The Ambulance drivers in Lincs are shocking…I saw a crash between one and a car at a juntion a couple of weeks back and one was put in a ditch a couple of days back…They need some proper training in my opinion.

att:
The Ambulance drivers in Lincs are shocking…I saw a crash between one and a car at a juntion a couple of weeks back and one was put in a ditch a couple of days back…They need some proper training in my opinion.

Yes I didnt use that one on purpose, there was an old lady killed when it crashed into a dyke bottom

hutpik:
i wonder if the emergency services vehicles in the UK are fitted with winter tyres

not sure about all emergency vehicles but do no that some of the ambulance service put winter tyres on, only reason i know is because i took 40 michelin into a ATS couple months ago in preparation for the winter